GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators (TSN/RDS webcast) 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
We had no offensive depth, the Poehling/Suzuki line was the only one that generated anything

Our two best offensive youngsters are both ineligible for different reasons. Kotkaniemi and Caufield on this team would be monstrous, this doesn't represent well the quality of our youth and I didn't even mention Romanov.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Great: Fairbrother

Good: Poehling, RHP, Suzuki, Fleury, Primeau

OK: Evans, McShane, Guay, Hawel, Hillis, LeGuerrier, Houde, Plouffe, Verbeek

Bad: Brook, Alain, Crevier-Morin

He played? Really?: Cox, Fonstad
Agree with all this... Dont know what Brook is doing... Fonstad is a joke of a prospect...

I think Hillis has some good hockey in him and will have a good season if he stays healthy...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I only tuned in to the last bit, but my god Brook was atrocious. Mistake after mistake after mistake. That being said, it means nothing yet.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Great: Fairbrother

Good: Poehling, RHP, Suzuki, Fleury, Primeau

OK: Evans, McShane, Guay, Hawel, Hillis, LeGuerrier, Houde, Plouffe, Verbeek

Bad: Brook, Alain, Crevier-Morin

He played? Really?: Cox, Fonstad

Plouffe looked awful. Evans was very good.

That's about all I would change.

Reactions: Pierre Dagenais

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I only tuned in to the last bit, but my god Brook was atrocious. Mistake after mistake after mistake. That being said, it means nothing yet.

Hopefully he can get it together because I remember him looking almost NHL ready last pre-season. Think he opened a lot of peoples eyes to his potential last year.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Really can't make judgement calls based off of this tourney. I'd rather see the rookies progress through the camp rather than dominate the scrimmages then disappear against stronger opposition.

Remember that McCarron and Eisenschmid were both most of the time dominant, and KK was garbage. This rookie showcase's results really don't mean much to be honest.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It's one game, the first in months for many. Sens had the advantage of getting the rust off yesterday.

Of course, Im only commenting on the game, just think Brook can look non challent at times while I dont see any improvement with Fonstad, always as weak and average speed, at least a kid like Houde has speed and some translatable skills to the pro...

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Is there a website to re-watch the games later? I'm curious to see the prospects go at it but can't watch live.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
How was Suzuki great and Fairbrother only ok?

I thought for the first two periods Suzuki really looked a step above the rest. Fairbrother impressed me at first but he had some tough moments in his own end.

Maybe it's more of an ok/good as I did like his hustle, but I think Suzuki was more impactful tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad