Montreal Canadiens Tribute to Jean Beliveau

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
No organization in World sport, comes close to Montreal with presentations, ceremonies, and tributes. They are in a league of their own. Truly the mecca of Hockey.

Davebo*

Madam Beliveau handed up the game winning puck. Another nice touch...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The Lady Byng trophy would make most sense if you ask me, as Jean Beliveau exuded all of the class that the award demands.

Absolutely. I hope we do rename the trophies. Though it would create some controversies, that one would not.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I think Lady Byng will be renamed to Beliveau award - Beliveau was such a class act

DyerMaker66*

People are going to use this to say the Habs don't sellout every game.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
No organization in World sport, comes close to Montreal with presentations, ceremonies, and tributes. They are in a league of their own. Truly the mecca of Hockey.

To be fair, the Habs have also much more practice than most sports clubs in the world.

But let's not go there.

It was great, like the great man he was.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Canadiens are definitely good at their ceremonies and tributes. But also credit to the Canadiens fans, who know how to show appreciation for the players that have been part of the team. Looks like they would have applauded longer had they been given the chance to do so.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Thank you so much for posting. Fantastic job by the Canadians organization.

His widows strength and poise were incredible. Very moving.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Well done Montreal. Are they keeping his seat like that permanantly? I think that would be a really nice touch as well.

It was said the seat will remain like that for the rest of the season and illuminated by the spotlight. Not sure what will happen after the season but a terrific tribute for the remainder of the season for sure to a great man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->