Pre-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Sat, Jan 18th - We are better at Leafing

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Please for **** sake put D'amigo up with Lupul and Kadri that would be the perfect line and i can gurantee it would be a real scoring line that is also not a liability playing defence
I'd rather have D'Amigo on the line than Clarkson. I don't see any chemistry between him and Kadri/ Lupul. He's much better on the shut down line IMO. On the other hand, D'Amigo would provide strong defensive coverage even though he isn't as strong as Kulemin.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'd rather have D'Amigo on the line than Clarkson. I don't see any chemistry between him and Kadri/ Lupul. He's much better on the shut down line IMO. On the other hand, D'Amigo would provide strong defensive coverage even though he isn't as strong as Kulemin.

Has Clarkson played with Kadri and Lupul yet?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Has Clarkson played with Kadri and Lupul yet?

They played a couple of games and looked great together. In that Washington shootout win they were the most dominant line on the ice. Unfortunately the line couldn't stick because Lupul/Bozak kept getting injured, so Raymond moved onto the line and Kadri got shifted up.

I think Chosen One thinks that Clarkson doesn't work well because he struggled when it was just him and Kadri. Lupul completes that line.

Speaking of Lupul, Randy needs to shift him back to left wing. He played his best hockey there and never should've been switched over to RW. Carlyle's obsession with those details really irks me, reminds me of when he forced Phaneuf onto the left side even though he always played on the right.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
They played a couple of games and looked great together. In that Washington shootout win they were the most dominant line on the ice. Unfortunately the line couldn't stick because Lupul/Bozak kept getting injured, so Raymond moved onto the line and Kadri got shifted up.

I think Chosen One thinks that Clarkson doesn't work well because he struggled when it was just him and Kadri. Lupul completes that line.

Speaking of Lupul, Randy needs to shift him back to left wing. He played his best hockey there and never should've been switched over to RW. Carlyle's obsession with those details really irks me, reminds me of when he forced Phaneuf onto the left side even though he always played on the right.
I think Kulemin would fit on that line a lot better than Clarkson. He's a lot better protecting the puck and supporting the Kadri - Lupul pair. We know from last season that the three played well together as well.

Agree that Lupul is a LWer.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
OT: celebrated my birthday tonight with my family and i got a sweet maple leafs classic toque! having a party at my place tomorrow with a bunch of friends... so it should be awesome!

really looking forward to the game tomorrow!

hope everyone out there in Leafs land has a good hockey night in Canada!

Go Leafs Go!

5 - 1 Blowout for the Leafs!

Bluejaysfan*

Got a weird feeling this game is going to be a blowout in favour of the Leafs...

Leaf Fan Since 93*

Got a weird feeling this game is going to be a blowout in favour of the Leafs...

I hope your right, we need to actually dominate a game this year. Funny, I see this going to yet another shootout with Bozak sniping the winning shot:laugh:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
We have 3 games left vs Montreal this season. Could still end up placing higher than them in the standings

Just win, please. A regulation win would get us pretty close to the Canadiens

nidnus13

Oct 29, 2010
Calgary
Pk says Price is the best goalie on the planet, well guess what Bernier stops 40+ EVERY game, he the best in the galaxy

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Agreed.

mikebel111*

OT: celebrated my birthday tonight with my family and i got a sweet maple leafs classic toque! having a party at my place tomorrow with a bunch of friends... so it should be awesome!

really looking forward to the game tomorrow!

hope everyone out there in Leafs land has a good hockey night in Canada!

Go Leafs Go!

5 - 1 Blowout for the Leafs!

Happy late birthday from me

Lol

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Just saw on Elliott Friedman's twitter that you guys are stuck with the leaf hating trio instead of Bob Cole. Those trio are obnoxious and I can't even stand them when they call Ottawa games the rare times. Was painful hearing them gush over Crosby last spring.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Just saw on Elliott Friedman's twitter that you guys are stuck with the leaf hating trio instead of Bob Cole. Those trio are obnoxious and I can't even stand them when they call Ottawa games the rare times. Was painful hearing them gush over Crosby last spring.

Yea... We are stuck with them.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

MTL fan here. Leafs takes easily this one, Price pulled, shutout for Bernier.

Habs are in a major slump and the Leafs team/fans seems hungry and confident, fully expect a great game from the blue & white, I'm also expecting a great 2nd half of the season, thanks to Bernie Mac.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Kulemin is a winger can play either side.

Shouldn't take a Brain Scientist to figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad