Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens Sign Paul Byron to 4-Year Extension ($3.4M AAV)

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I don't know how he will look like in 4 years, but right now, I love the player. Ok deal.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
As long as there is no clauses, this deal should actually make Byron an even more attractive piece, so there’s that.
But I feel this signature means that we'll hold off in trading him for at least one year, or two years logically. (Can't recall the last times a player was traded before his extension kicked in, or one year into it, esp for a blue collar guy like Byron)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
As long as there is no clauses, this deal should actually make Byron an even more attractive piece, so there’s that.

If Bergy trades him after he signed him to a 4 year deal, he's even more of an asshole then I thought. After calling Radulov a dog and disrespecting Subban, Markov and Pacioretty, imagine how many players would want to be here if he trades a guy again just after signing a long term deal.

Reactions: Peanut and Le Miz

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
MTL is pretty set at LW for the next few years:

Drouin
Domi
Tatar
Hudon
Byron
Deslauriers

We don't have alot of prospects coming on the LW positions so I'm fine with this signature.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If Bergy trades him after he signed him to a 4 year deal, he's even more of an ******* then I thought. After calling Radulov a dog and disrespecting Subban, Markov and Pacioretty, imagine how many players would want to be here if he trades a guy again just after signing a long term deal.
If we’re in the cellar and losing I’m sure Byron wouldn’t mind being traded to a contender.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad