GDT: Montreal Canadiens Red vs. White scrimmage (STREAM INSIDE)

Thierrynski

Jun 30, 2011
Singapore
Tim Wharnsby ‏@WharnsbyCBC
#Habs G Carey Price admitted to soreness. He appeared to wince on Pacioretty deke in shootout. But "You'll see me on Saturday." #cbcsports

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm a goalie, and I've suffered groin (and hip flexor) pulls, and I don't agree with that last line. Groin pulls are a nightmare to come back from.

I'm a goalie as well. Right now I have a minor tweak in my groin/hip flexor area and going down in the butterfly hurts, making me reluctant to even go into that position, which is why I said it can't be too severe or I doubt he would have went down at all. Of course, it depends on how he feels in the morning, adrenaline might've masked some of the pain.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Actually WTK, the shot to his arm hurt...they are talking about it after the practise.
And the white team was TOLD to not deke on CP, he has a groin tweek.

I'm certain it hurt but it wasn't the source of the injury that we are discussing which is the groin injury.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
thats why they dont even bother to show this game on TV. You guys are juging this team off of scrimmage is pathetic. It's like saying the guys were soft in the mcdonald practive...

Yep

Seriously, MT can't even use this game as an evaluation tool. Guys were only skating when they had the puck, the few checks weren't anything to slow you down. This isn't close to a preseason game where you see many guys giving everything they have to make the club.

This was much more for the fans than what I anticipated but I guess MT knew what team he wanted since the beginning.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wasn't even talking about the injury. I was saying how St Denis was going to get an earful.

He should.

Lesson for EVERYONE out there, even you beer league players... Nobody thinks you are good when you rip slap-shots or buzz a hot wrist shot by a goalie's head from 2 feet out or score a shoot-out goal in warm-up... they think you are an irreparable idiot. Warm up your goalie, if you wanna rip the puck, feel free to do it at the empty net when the goalie is stretching.

Such a huge pet peeve of mine.. getting ready for a game, no one has warmed me up, and people are cranking slap-shots or trying to deke me out..

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
So i was one of those poor ******** who had a choppy feed and couldnt keep up with who all scored and assisted in the scrimmage tonight.. can any one help me out and give me a run down on the goals and assists etc? thanks

PunkinDrublic*

He should.

Lesson for EVERYONE out there, even you beer league players... Nobody thinks you are good when you rip slap-shots or buzz a hot wrist shot by a goalie's head from 2 feet out or score a shoot-out goal in warm-up... they think you are an irreparable idiot. Warm up your goalie, if you wanna rip the puck, feel free to do it at the empty net when the goalie is stretching.

Such a huge pet peeve of mine.. getting ready for a game, no one has warmed me up, and people are cranking slap-shots or trying to deke me out..

Could you imagine had St Denis broke CP's arm ? Un friggin real for a semi vet.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He should.

I don't play on ice but yeah, I hate that too.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Why are you silly people so dramatic! You want them to try super hard on a scrimmage shootout? You want big hits and crazy plays in a srimmage game? Give me a break. It was a fan event and it seemed like everyone was having fun, including the players.

Also, stop whining about Price, if it was serious at all don't you think he would've left the game instantly? After all, they didn't play Plekanec tonight for that very reason! Just think about it before saying "omg if Price is injured we should tank for Seth Jones"

Some of you really live in a fantasy world!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If Price is injured, even a little, I hope MT plays Budaj. I don't want to risk something serious.

hogtownhabsfan*

I'm a goalie as well. Right now I have a minor tweak in my groin/hip flexor area and going down in the butterfly hurts, making me reluctant to even go into that position, which is why I said it can't be too severe or I doubt he would have went down at all. Of course, it depends on how he feels in the morning, adrenaline might've masked some of the pain.
Well I guess it depends, I once pulled my groin in a game, and there was no backup do I stayed on there, and all I did was what Carey did and that is simple butterfly's, I couldn't move latterly. I ende up missing 3 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad