Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens partnership with Montreal Stars

Scripter

Oct 10, 2012
Not sure if it was posted but I thought this deserved it's own thread. For those not interested in clicking the link, it's pretty much a partnership that gives the Montreal Stars an opportunity to promote women's hockey.

Personally, I'm pretty stoked with the news. I think it's a great initiative on behalf of the Montreal Canadians to promote women's hockey but also promote hockey in general. Over the past years, I've seen a lots of involvement in the community on behalf of Montreal Canadiens. Are other teams this active in their community?

Link:
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=758859

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Good move and good story.

And lol:

Kevin Landgraff · Moira Secondary School
Another Montreal team that the leafs will lose to
Reply · Like · 14 · Follow Post · 7 hours ago

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This is a great move, like you said, on two fronts - promotes women's hockey, and continues to build a connection between the Habs and Montreal, in particular the world of Montreal hockey beyond the NHL.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
This is fantastic news! I bet you attendance will be better than the Arizona Coyotes! Probably better TV ratings too!

You think they will rename them? I was thinking Les Canadiennes de Montreal would be a much better name.

gee

Jun 28, 2007
Winnipeg
This is fantastic news! I bet you attendance will be better than the Arizona Coyotes! Probably better TV ratings too!

You think they will rename them? I was thinking Les Canadiennes de Montreal would be a much better name.

should - they can keep their old uniforms to distinguish or spell out Canadiennes. would be much better than Stars.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I've never heard of that team/league before today, I guess it's good news!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Meant to post this yesterday when I saw it on the Habs site. Good story and I can only hope it silences the critics a little that are saying the NHL is not doing enough for the women's league/hockey. It's a small start but I think it is a good one. Hope it works for both sides and that it can bring the Stars a ton of help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad