Low Effort GDT Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TV - The White Knight Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Game 51 Preview and Open Thread: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators

1235757691.0.jpg

Line-up

Tkachuk - Stützle - Gaudette
Sanford - Paul - Brown
Formenton - Tierney - Ennis
Kelly - White - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Holden - Zaitsev
Branny- Brown

Murray

Reactions: R We A Team

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That second line....yikes.

Really? That is the worst thing about that line-up to you...

Formenton is still young and needs to learn that things are not handed to you in the NHL. With his skillset there is zero excuse that he should go more than 4 or 5 games without a goal, and if he cannot do that consistently then he does not belong in a top 6 role.

Sanford is not my favourite player, but he seems to be a player that can play his role on any line and not necessarily be a detriment to it. I hope he has a good stretch of games before the deadline and we ship him out because I do not see where he fits on this team long term.

I do like Formenton and Ennis together though, that is a nice speed line, unfortunately they are being a centered by a black hole and I hope it does not slow them down tonight.

Reactions: aragorn

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Really? That is the worst thing about that line-up to you...

Formenton is still young and needs to learn that things are not handed to you in the NHL. With his skillset there is zero excuse that he should go more than 4 or 5 games without a goal, and if he cannot do that consistently then he does not belong in a top 6 role.
Guess this doesn't apply to Brady. He went 15 games with no goals, yet still played every game on the first line. What's your analysis on that Bruce?

Formenton was excellent with Stutzle and is now struggling playing with two fourth liners. It doesn't take much to put two-and-two together but unfortunately DJ is quite incompetent at times.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Guess this doesn't apply to Brady. He went 15 games with no goals, yet still played every game on the first line. What's your analysis on that Bruce?

Formenton was excellent with Stutzle and is now struggling playing with two fourth liners. It doesn't take much to put two-and-two together but unfortunately DJ is quite incompetent at times.

You are correct, it absolutely does not apply to Brady.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Where did that idea even come up? Did people assume Mete would be in because it's his old team? They just won a game so rarely are lineup changes made, and Brannstrom had almost half of his points last year against the Habs.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Where did that idea even come up? Did people assume Mete would be in because it's his old team? They just won a game so rarely are lineup changes made, and Brannstrom had almost half of his points last year against the Habs.

Because of Friday practice lines. Brann was 7th while Mete was with Brown.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
What a relief that our little Swedish dwarf is in fact playing. I'm sure he'll have a massive impact on tonight's professional hockey match, as he always does. Looking forward to the post-game charts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad