Pre-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens @ New York Islanders - Tuesday 7:00 PM, Price confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

Please don't take the Islanders as easy and that if you score two they'll just fall over and die.

Analyzer*

The Islanders will find a way to stay with us. They always do.

Just, for the 2nd time... Don't think the Islanders will roll over and die. They never do against us... EVER.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
I have a bad feeling the team is going to be suffering a victory hangover from taking 3 of 4 possible points against the 2 top eastern conference teams over the weekend. While I believe we will likely lose this one, Price is likely to get the start. That being said, if we win it will be because Price comes back after that last horrid game and steals us this one.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
1)Do NOT take them lightly

2)Roll our lines and get everyone in on the action

3)Try our best to give Galch, Ryder, and Eller good scoring chances and Ozone starts, they need confidence

4)Give Subban lots of TOI

5)Play 60mins

bdawg1989*

We will win easily if :

Subban gets matched vs JT all night.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
lineup during practice, I assume it will be used during the game too:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher

Prust-Plekanec-Ryder

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta

Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Kaberle

I like this, pretty much what I would have as my lineup. This way we have three lines with potential chemistry between two players (desharnais-pacioretty, plekanec-ryder, eller-galchenyuk)

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Hope Galchenyuk finds himself! He can be a difference maker (as he was during that 3 game stretch against the Panthers and Rangers).

Tomorrow's game is another trap game.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm not sure about that but I'm really hoping for a resurgence of the Plekanec and Eller lines, we're mostly getting scoring from the Desharnais line right now...

Well, Therrien's 'scrub per line' philosophy has kinda dampened the chemistry there.

PricePkPatch*

Crap..

CRAP :amazed::amazed::amazed:

In my room, I have printed the entire season calendar of the habs (doubles as a regular calendar). I make a point of coloring each games per their results;

Green - Regulation Win
Blue - Overtime/Shootout Win
Orange - Overtime/Shootout Lost
Pink - Regulation Lost

And I just checked; I LOST THE PINK MARKER. I don't know how long it has been; haven't really been looking for it in a while.

Man, this has "jinx" all over it. I'll put everything on hold until I dig it out of my (overlycrowded) desk.

PricePkPatch*

CRISIS AND JINX AVERTED!

I found the Pink Marker. *phew*

PricePkPatch*

In the case you wouldn't have found your marker, go buy another pink marker?

They are part of a very cute set. My OCD would have made that obvious solution very hard.

But yes. I would have gone out and purchase it first thing this afternoon if I hadn't found it. Despite my very rational-scientific background, I happen to be extremely superstitious regarding these issues when it comes to the Habs.

I never, NEVER color a "victory" before the final buzzer sounded. Even when we lead by 3 goals with less than 30 seconds to go.

Btw, PhysicX, what do you think of my new avatar? :naughty:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Let's wish Price rebounds and have a great game. That's about the only thing we should wish for.

Aside from that...not having Bourque in there ****s up the lines real good especially for a guy like Galchenyuk. And it doesn't help to not have a really good Ryder. But having him play with Pleks and Prust is surely giving him the best chance to shine. If he doesn't in the upcoming games, when Bourque returns, make him practice his paper plane skills....

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Let's wish Price rebounds and have a great game. That's about the only thing we should wish for.

Aside from that...not having Bourque in there ****s up the lines real good especially for a guy like Galchenyuk. And it doesn't help to not have a really good Ryder. But having him play with Pleks and Prust is surely giving him the best chance to shine. If he doesn't in the upcoming games, when Bourque returns, make him practice his paper plane skills....

Ryder didn't have much time to practice with the rest of the team, I'd say he's bound to have a good week.

Joe Malone

Aug 29, 2002
Mabou....Wawa

My son was at the Habs/Pens game Saturday night. Told me Price looked like he got hurt in the warm-up.....took a slapshot in the shoulder from Subban. He spent a long time trying to skate it off, stretching his arm and trying to work his shoulder loose.

Maybe it affected his play. Or it may be nothing.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
1)Do NOT take them lightly

2)Roll our lines and get everyone in on the action

3)Try our best to give Galch, Ryder, and Eller good scoring chances and Ozone starts, they need confidence

4)Give Subban lots of TOI

5)Play 60mins

We should be able to safely assume that #1 won't be an issue after losing in OT against them after blowing a lead. Some of our best games have been in "bounce back" games against teams we lost to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad