Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens Acquire Gustav Olofsson from Minnesota for Will Bitten

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Moar D!!!!!

I mean, there's a D named Moar who's draft eligible this season if we're gonna go for it :sarcasm:

Danx3Ti.png

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
With Kulak, Olofsson, Ouellet, there's enough NHL experience there to give Juulsen and Mete some time in Laval.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Bitten complete lack of progression from his draft year, always had me discarding him. Some stats don't lie.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
And you dummies insist that all MB cares about is having as many 4th liners as possible. Well there you go. He just traded a future 4th liner for a 7th maybe 8th d-man. You see! He also wants to have as many 7th and 8th d-men as possible. You guys know nothing.

Reactions: Runner77

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Lol..

'What a steal!" ...."Timmins strikes again!" .."Another middle round find !"....i was told when we drafted him..

And people get on my case when i say we still have an atrocious prospect pool.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Olofsson had 2 shoulder surgeries and just missed preseason due to a shoulder injury?

Who’s in charge of our nhl scouting currently?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
5"8?, he's a hab already

He’s the right size for this team.

Bergevin: "Victor Mete worked out so by that logic every 5'8 D will work out.

Timmins: "Marc, I'm not so sure it works like that-"

Bergevin: "Trevor I don't need your negative attitude on this team. Pas d'excuses."

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd rather have Bitten.
Have you seen Olofsson play?

Look...you guys want mobility and puck movement from the back end.

That's what he'll provide.

Bitten is a long shot ever play in the NHL, he's probably ECHL bound this year, there was barely any room for him in Laval.

I like this trade a lot but i'm also bias...

I wanted him on the Habs last deadline.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Bitten is a long shot ever play in the NHL, he's probably ECHL bound this year, there was barely any room for him in Laval.

I don't know Olofsson so can't comment. But management must have seen something in him they like. I remember Reilly trade was laughed at also on here but same posters are reporting he had a great camp. So, who knows?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Olofsson never did anything useful when I watched the few wild games. Of course I havent watched too much of him, but even Wild fans say that he sucks a lot. I liked Reilly A LOT more. I also dont think Bitten is a long shot to make the nhl. With his speed and motor, he could earn himself a bottom 6 role on a team in the future.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Lol..

'What a steal!" ...."Timmins strikes again!" .."Another middle round find !"....i was told when we drafted him..

And people get on my case when i say we still have an atrocious prospect pool.

That Oloffson dude played 41 games last year on a pretty decent Wild D brigade while Bitten was not cracking this lineup like never!

I have no problem with this trade whatsoever.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad