Montreal Canadiens 2018 Preseason III

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Also keep in mind that Andrew Shaw won't be out for that much longer either. They were saying that he would be out until mid-October.

That's the big question. What to do with Shaw.

First of all, who goes on waivers if everyone is healthy when he comes back.

Second, if he's put in the lineup, who comes out? No way Hudon or Lehkonen should come out. Perhaps Peca or Plekanec.

Either way, I'm still hoping Schebak gets a shot, plays a simple game except for a few offensive outbursts here are there, and then it's either trade Shaw or Plekanec because we can't prioritize them over the youth.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So our regular top-four centermen are....

Kotkaniemi
Danault
Peca
Plekanec ????

Kotkaniemi
Danault
Peca
DLR/Plekanec
DLR/Plekanec

in case of emergency, maybe Domi. But even then, I'd prioritize letting Domi focus on trying to be a 50 point winger (i.e. what we gave up for him, at least) and have Shaw, Byron, or Hudon play center. Again, in case of emergency.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Should be at LW where he belongs, but Bergevin has too many top 6 LW right now so Domi would have to go RW.

Drouin-Kotka-Gally
Tatar-Danault-Domi

Drouin has played on the right side, as well. I don't know how good he is there. But I know he's played on his off wing. So I would do Domi - Kotkaniemi - Drouin.

Against the Leafs on Wednesday, Drouin and Kotkaniemi showed some chemistry. I think it's worth exploring some more.

Reactions: Guilliam

Jul 6, 2016
Should be at LW where he belongs, but Bergevin has too many top 6 LW right now so Domi would have to go RW.

Drouin-Kotka-Gally
Tatar-Danault-Domi

Domi can play RW. He did it in his first season in Arizona with Duclair on LW

the two bottom lines will then be...

Lehkonen-Peca-Armia
Hudon-Plekky-Byron

DLR & Scherbak

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Ouch... Habs protected Benn in the Vegas Draft....

Said it before MB actually protected him that it would be one of the dumbest move ever. We could only protect 3 dmen and we actually protected an AHL caliber one. It means that according to MB we had only 2 NHL caliber dmen in the lineup. That's basically saying to the fans we will suck and that's what happened we sucked hard.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
WING!!!!

PLEASE CLODE: NOOOOOOOOOO DOMI AT CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm always in the category of ''Try it first'' cause you never know what you have unless you try it.
Flyers' fans said for years that Schenn doesn't have what it takes to be a center, was heavily compare to the situation of Galchenyuk in Montreal. St-Louis gave him a real shot at center and we all know the results.

Same goes for Domi, half a game wasn't enough to make a statements about Domi's play.
Try it, then we'll see cause in the end, there's a real chance Kotkaniemi will only stay 2-3 weeks.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I see Domi as a lower line center as he is not a scorer, skates well, and has trouble scoring. He is feisty I would put him on the 3rd line.

I could see the following eventually working out:

Drouin Kotkaniemi Lehkonen
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Domi Peca Shcerbak
Hudon Byron Armia

Jul 6, 2016

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Domi Peca Shcerbak
Hudon Byron Armia

This guy has to show a heart beat first.

Jul 6, 2016
Said it before MB actually protected him that it would be one of the dumbest move ever. We could only protect 3 dmen and we actually protected an AHL caliber one. It means that according to MB we had only 2 NHL caliber dmen in the lineup. That's basically saying to the fans we will suck and that's what happened we sucked hard.

Emelin should had been the one protected... And that doesn't say much. It could had meant that Alzner would had not be signed either.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Feel for Chaput. Should have won a spot. Scherbak being waiver eligible is the only reason he didn’t. The Habs have to keep Nikita for fear he still has potential. He’s shown many brilliant flashes, but suffers from Kovalev (or Filatov, or insert enigmatic Russian here) syndrome.

Jul 6, 2016
Feel for Chaput. Should have won a spot. Scherbak being waiver eligible is the only reason he didn’t. The Habs have to keep Nikita for fear he still has potential. He’s shown many brilliant flashes, but suffers from Kovalev (or Filatov, or insert enigmatic Russian here) syndrome.

yeah Chaput deserved #13-#14 forward spot and NHL $$$... But Scherbak is still an asset that can be dealt...or if he finally wake up, become an important offensive piece. But clock is ticking for him, like Mccarron.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Vygor

Sep 2, 2007

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Domi Peca Shcerbak
Hudon Byron Armia

Pretty good lines! i would switch Armia and Sherbak as Peca is really weak as a checker. Having a banger would be nice as i love Hudon and Byron and would give our 4th line some presence. I guess we already have that in Shaw so we waive DLR when he comes back. Hopefully Plecky still has something left!

Jul 6, 2016
Pretty good lines! i would switch Armia and Sherbak as Peca is really weak as a checker. Having a banger would be nice as i love Hudon and Byron and would give our 4th line some presence. I guess we already have that in Shaw so we waive DLR when he comes back. Hopefully Plecky still has something left!

No. You don't waive DLR. At worst, you trade him.

Reactions: Vygor

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah but no way you keep Chaput over Scherbak. I'm still willing to be patient with NS. Even at his best, I'm sure he'll frustrate but we could still use a guy like him. Can flip him too if he puts up decent enough numbers.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Drouin has played on the right side, as well. I don't know how good he is there. But I know he's played on his off wing. So I would do Domi - Kotkaniemi - Drouin.

Against the Leafs on Wednesday, Drouin and Kotkaniemi showed some chemistry. I think it's worth exploring some more.
Why put our best winger on his off wing? Why?

Can we just play our best players in their natural position for Christ sake.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why exactly? If he goes to the minors and lights it up he may get the call once the inevitable injuries occur.He is 26 years old with a grand total of 135 NHL games to his credit and a whopping 17 points. Reclamation projects rarely work, for every Paul Byron there are plenty of guys like Chaput and as for the slight towards Russian players it makes it clear to me why you posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad