Montreal Canadiens 2018 Preseason III

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully we trade Shaw before that happen. Probably Scherbak will get traded though. Deslauriers might be a victim of our depth which is unfortunate for him since he proved himself to be useful in that style of game he plays, might not get claim though. On D I don't mind putting any of Ouellet, Benn, Schlemko and even Alzner on waivers. Juulsen can be sent down if his play isn't impressive as well. Maybe you go 15F/6D to avoid losing valuable players. With Laval you can make quick call up, worse case scenario Deslauriers be use on D for a game (played D before).

I would be disappointed if we lose Scherbak or DLR on waivers.

Not having Plekanec would simplify things, but you can't disrespect him and send him on waivers, I don't think that is realistic, considering the years he played for this franchise.

3 of those players (Schlemko, Weber, DL0) are out for the next 6 weeks or more. So, we'll have 1 decision to make soon (when both DLR AND Shaw are back from injury), but other than that we still have 6 weeks before a decision needs to be made, assuming everyone else stays healthy.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
3 of those players (Schlemko, Weber, DL0) are out for the next 6 weeks or more. So, we'll have 1 decision to make soon (when both DLR AND Shaw are back from injury), but other than that we still have 6 weeks before a decision needs to be made, assuming everyone else stays healthy.

I am well aware, but it is interesting to think how you should go about dealing with this tricky situation if it presents itself.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Anytime we draft a guy I want to be sure of what we are giving up when and if he departs.

Last year I saw some offensive life in DLR when he was played with good teammates and saw decent time.

And DLR does play a CJ game. A shame to lose him because of Shaw or Pleks being around for the year.

I have seen Scherbak's offensive abilities on display. I know the guy didnt do that well this pre season but that was the same as last year and then he turned it on. I certainly do not see how we see him at his best when CJ has him on the 4th line with plugs. Guaranteed fail. But I guess this wont change even if Scherbak sticks for a bit.

Just have a bad taste in my mouth potentially losing either of these guys.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
yeah there was really no need to re-sign Pleks.

I'm with you on DLR and Scherbak. Both have been underwhelming this preseason but I want them given a proper shot. I feel like DLR showed enough to stick around for a bit. He seems like a guy who could be a late bloomer. Nothing hugely special but maybe like a Danault lite-ish.

Reactions: yianik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I am well aware, but it is interesting to think how you should go about dealing with this tricky situation if it presents itself.

Things will change so much over the next 6 weeks. Some players that are out of favor now will stand out and some that are in favor will fall out...

Reactions: BaseballCoach

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
yeah there was really no need to re-sign Pleks.

I'm with you on DLR and Scherbak. Both have been underwhelming this preseason but I want them given a proper shot. I feel like DLR showed enough to stick around for a bit. He seems like a guy who could be a late bloomer. Nothing hugely special but maybe like a Danault lite-ish.

Ridiculous. DLR has not been underwhelming at all.

Late bloomer?? Two years younger than Peca, one year younger than Hudon.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Maybe you go 15F/6D to avoid losing valuable players. With Laval you can make quick call up, worse case scenario Deslauriers can be use on D for a game (played D before).

That is actually a good idea, and perhaps Deslauriers could play D in some practices. It would add to his versatility and his value as a hockey player, so he should welcome the chance!

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ridiculous. DLR has not been underwhelming at all.

Late bloomer?? Two years younger than Peca, one year younger than Hudon.

Was your expectation for him 4th liner/13th forward? Tough to say he's been anything but underwhelming if you expected more than that

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Was your expectation for him 4th liner/13th forward? Tough to say he's been anything but underwhelming if you expected more than that

He is a solid 4th liner that can play on a middle-six line if there is an injury. He showed that last year, when he got paired up with decent wingers, and outscored Scherbak at ES in the same conditions.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Don't force the Domi to C thing. Just play people at their natural positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad