Montreal Canadiens 2018 Preseason III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't really agree. It's good to have some vets on the team rather than a bunch of youngsters with no direction. I'd rather our kids learn from someone like Plekanec so we could prevent turning our young players into bottom pairing and 3rd line players at best.
True..........but it seems like he is taking a spot from one of the kids...it seems if we are going to do a re set........not totally against Pleks staying, I would rather him with limited games...

Jul 6, 2016
True..........but it seems like he is taking a spot from one of the kids...it seems if we are going to do a re set........not totally against Pleks staying, I would rather him with limited games...

It's up to DLR and Peca to show that Plekky is redundant on that team. So far, it ain't that clear.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's up to DLR and Peca to show that Plekky is redundant on that team. So far, it ain't that clear.
Neither of those two have been great, but have been decent..............Pleks has been awful and going through the motions, which alot of the vets do, but he seems done. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 417

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Assuming Lindgren, Agostino, Chaput and Després are cut, that leaves us with the choice of cutting Scherbak or one of the D. As bad as Scherbak was during camp, I'd rather just dump Benn or put Juulsen in the AHL for a while.

Although the odds of Sherbak getting through waivers is probably better now than in a month, when some teams inevitably have injuries...

Jul 6, 2016
Assuming Lindgren, Agostino, Chaput and Després are cut, that leaves us with the choice of cutting Scherbak or one of the D. As bad as Scherbak was during camp, I'd rather just dump Benn or put Juulsen in the AHL for a while.

Although the odds of Sherbak getting through waivers is probably better now than in a month, when some teams inevitably have injuries...

Cut Benn, and give an AHL contract to Després.

If they have lost all confidence in Scherbak they should trade him

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Neither of those two have been great, but have been decent..............Pleks has been awful and going through the motions, which alot of the vets do, but he seems done. Just my 2 cents.

Can someone remind me again what was the point of resigning Pleks? And why at 2.25 million !?! What, he was that in demand that we had to beat out other teams by overpaying ? Please...

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think it's not clear only to you and CJ

Otherwise...DLR & especially Peca have been so much better than Plekanec has.

Literally the only things keeping Plekanec on this roster are his salary, his status as a long standing veteran and the fact he's 2 games away from 1000.

Otherwise, he's not among the best 12-13 forwards on this team.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

Literally the only things keeping Plekanec on this roster are his salary, his status as a long standing veteran and the fact he's 2 games away from 1000.

I agree 100% !

Also you said that you had to google about my post.....at least I try ....English is my second language..

Reactions: McTusk

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I agree 100% !

Also you said that you had to google about my post.....at least I try ....English is my second language..
I think you misunderstood me...your English is perfectly fine.

Je voulais juste dire que je n'ai jamais entendu parler de Gilles Latulippe avant, une fois que j'ai trouvé sa photo sur google, je l'ai toute suite reconnu et j'étais crampé.

Reactions: McTusk

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I think you misunderstood me...your English is perfectly fine.

Je voulais juste dire que je n'ai jamais entendu parler de cette personne avant, une fois que j'ai trouvé sa photo sur google, je l'ai toute suite reconnu et j'étais crampé.

lollllll Ok I am sorry. Je pensais que tu te foutais de ma gueule

Yeah Gilles Latulippe !!! You guys have to google him and you will understand when I say that Gretzky and Ribeiro had Latulippe's shape. So Kotka will be fine.

Jul 6, 2016

You cannot compare a vet taking it easy in a training camp to fringe players who have to win a job.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Scherbak played 11:54 last game and I think Julien doesn't like him because of his lazy defensive play. Shaw is returning soon and will play on the 3rd or 4th line RW.

I expect a trade and we keep 8 D-men including all of Benn, Schlemko and Alzner.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He's not taking it easy...he's playing the same way in preseason as he will ask year.

I think he was not very impressive, but he rarely makes actual mistakes. I'm amongst those that are not against his comeback. If playing on a 4th line, he's still pretty useful. Anyway, there's always injuries so all 23 players kept on the team should see playing time. I think having Plekanec as a depth center really helps the team if the intention is to win games, which seems to be the case.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Domi - Lehkonen
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Chaput - Plekanec - Scherbak
De la Rose - Peca - Hudon

Mete - Petry
Alzner - Benn
Reilly - Juulsen
Ouellet - Despres

Price
Niemi
Lindgren

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm liking the sound of Domi between Byron and Lehkonen.

I also don't mind switching the pairings to Mete - Petry/Reilly - Juulsen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->