Proposal: Montreal-Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Ya, not even a little interested.

No interested in Bennett (much rather have Lehkonen) and Mete is finally starting to show some offense to compliment his defense and transition play. No interest in getting Hanifin if it costs Montreal Mete AND Poehling.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Lehkonen > Bennett, don't care about Bennett's potential, he's been in the league for 5 years. Lehkonen has a ton of potential too, he could turn into a Hornqvist-esque player.

So it's Mete + Poehling for Hanifin (obv Lindgren is a value-less throw in), the way Mete's been progressing i don't want to move him. Pass.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
No, just no. After years of having the prospect cupboards empty the Habs are not going to trade away that many youngsters with potential, especially in one trade especially when only one of the two pieces coming back would be interesting for the Habs.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hanifin is a number 2? Really?
I would say top 4 for sure, but don't think he's a number 2 defenseman. Normally a decent number 2 plays 24-25 min a game, he's averaged 20:46 last year and 21:18 this year. Doesn't seem to have a top 2 D offensive game either, althought I've seen him make some nice moves he doesn't seem to bring it constantly. I really don't think you can get a top line C for Hanifin...

I don't know if he's top 2 yet, but he's been our #3 this year and still showing growth. He's still only 22.

He's a tough piece for us to move with all the injuries to Valimaki and the Gio's age. We really don't have any potential replacements for Gio at this time unless Valimaki comes back guns blazing post his second big injury in two years.

Reactions: jfhabs

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I would not trade Bennett straight across for Lehkonen, and I certainly would not trade Hanifin for Mete.

Poehling has middle six upside - but always thought he was overrated despite being a very solid prospect.

Easy pass from this flames fan.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Lindgren isn't worth much and by much I mean a 7th MAX.

Lehkonen has more chances to score than anybody, but he's so bad he rarely converts.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Hanafin is a player that is only traded for a 1C. If none are available, he isn't either

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
to Calgary:
Artturi Lehkonen
Ryan Poehling
Victor Mete
Charlie Lindgren

to Montreal:
Noah Hanifin
Sam Bennett

Hell no. Now that the Habs are on the right path some people want to blow things up. Like getting rid of our young Centre depth. Silliness, we need to stay steady and tweak the roster. Sure Lehks and Lindgren are expendable pieces but trading Poehling, an extremely promising young Centre and Mete, at present our best LHD is just bone-headed.

Reactions: Tanknation

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Just seeing that thread title reminds me of 1989.

And then of Lanny McDonald.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Not trading Hanifin for this package, lek would be battling for a 3C spot here with Doc, he wouldn't put up his point totals here, not a big fan of Poeh, I'll definitely keep Hanifin at this cheap price, not even a year older than Mete and has been a 2nd pair dman for two teams and hasn't fallen out of favor with our team, I'd trade Brodie and Hamonic together before trading Hanifin

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not trading Hanifin for this package, lek would be battling for a 3C spot
here with Doc, he wouldn't put up his point totals here, not a big fan of Poeh, I'll definitely keep Hanifin at this cheap price, not even a year older than Mete and has been a 2nd pair dman for two teams and hasn't fallen out of favor with our team, I'd trade Brodie and Hamonic together before trading Hanifin

Lehkonen is a winger eh. He put up his point totals Montreal as a 3rd line winger so he'd likely be the same there as he would be here. I agree with your conclusion though

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tkachuk are probably the only untouchables on Calgary.

This doesn't tempt me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->