Proposal: Montreal - Calgary

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Pass.

I love Gallagher, but we need Dougie. Downgrading to Bealieau just makes our defense worse at a time when it's already a trainwreck after the top 3, especially with Brodie not playing like himself.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The Habs don't really need a top two pairing righty. They'd be weakening the left side plus their top two lines to upgrade on Greg Pateryn. Even though value wise it favours the Habs, I don't think it improves the Habs.

Would love the op for the Habs if Hamilton was a lefty.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Awful.

Hamilton is not available. Flames want to add more grit so Ferland's not going anywhere.

Beaulieu does nothing for Calgary. Gallagher's great but not worth buying high on.

Easy, easy no.

But you guys can have Wideman for something small, like say Byron. Please?

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Awful.

Hamilton is not available. Flames want to add more grit so Ferland's not going anywhere.

Beaulieu does nothing for Calgary. Gallagher's great but not worth buying high on.

Easy, easy no.

But you guys can have Wideman for something small, like say Byron. Please?

Haha nope. Didn't you guys have a player like Byron once?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wouldn't mind packaging a few pieces for Spulll

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hamilton's value is likely all-time high.
This package doesn't sniff him, even though I love Gallagher and Beaulieu I think is a player on the rise; Dougie Hamilton is easily the best piece here (he has more points than the two forwards combined). His possession numbers are also excellent, out of every Dman across the league with more than 750 minutes played his possession numbers are only behind:

Krug
PK
Doughty

Also, he starts 4-7% less of the time in the offensive zone than these three, and only PK starts in the D zone more than him (by 0.5%).

If a team wants Hamilton from Calgary, Dougie that is, they better be ready to pony up a major haul.
Galchenyuk and Mikhail Sergachev would be a good place to start.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Click - hello? Hello?

Don't want to sound like a dick, or anything, but man... I don't know if there's a piece on Montreal that I'd be happy with if Tkachuk was heading the other way.

I really think this kid is about as untouchable as it comes. I really believe he's going to be the next premier power-forward in the NHL; more or less a Perry clone. When he spends the summer working on foot-speed, this kid'll be a killer.

Edit.
Clearly if the offer was Price, I mean skater.

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
Yeah Im a big fan of Tkachuk..think hes going to be a stud.

Was thinking the same thing about Larkin last year too thoo...

Still I think value wise its decent offer. Real possibility here that Chucky end up having a better career then Tkachuk even tho I think Tkachuk is a more complet player.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Why do CGY-MTL proposals always end up with DD coming here? You guys hate him and we have enough mediocre players.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Don't want to sound like a dick, or anything, but man... I don't know if there's a piece on Montreal that I'd be happy with if Tkachuk was heading the other way.

I really think this kid is about as untouchable as it comes. I really believe he's going to be the next premier power-forward in the NHL; more or less a Perry clone. When he spends the summer working on foot-speed, this kid'll be a killer.

Edit.
Clearly if the offer was Price, I mean skater.
That's what I was trying to say. Any offer that starts with MT is an instant hangup.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Apparently everyone thinks that arguably the Flames 2 best players this year (along with Backlund) are going to be dealt when one is a rookie and the other only 24 and just scratching the surface of what he can be. And for average pieces on top of that.

On a different note, whatever happened to all that talk about Hamilton being overrated and not as good as people think? I guess that died pretty quickly, just like Flames fans said it should.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Is this for real or did the OP forget to include Price?

And what's with every Montreal proposal trying to slide in the shrimp Desharnais like nobody would notice?

Let's be clear, Hamilton is quickly reaching #1 status in Calgary, Ferland is becoming a total beast and they are only 23 years old. They won't be traded for spare parts and one smaller sparkplug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad