Pre-Game Talk: Montreal at Winnipeg - 8 PM ET

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Checking out the Jets PGT to see what they think of us (apparently they're not very confident vs Montreal)

And I couldn't help but notice these so-called Habs fans who go on the opposing team's GDT threads just to basically say "loll the Habs suck, you'll definitely beat us tonight"

And it's usually posters you'll never see around the actual Habs boards.

I HATE those kinds of posts... "Habs fan coming in peace, blablabla" What does that even mean? I'm coming in peace so whatever I say is OK? The "coming in peace" expression might very well be the stupidest thing on this site.. OK, maybe not stupidest, but pretty damn close to it.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Checking out the Jets PGT to see what they think of us (apparently they're not very confident vs Montreal)

And I couldn't help but notice these so-called Habs fans who go on the opposing team's GDT threads just to basically say "loll the Habs suck, you'll definitely beat us tonight"

And it's usually posters you'll never see around the actual Habs boards.

You lost me at "Jets PGT". They have a board? :amazed:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
TBH, I was hoping he'd go for the remixed Kevin instead:

33wmmq1.jpg

:dunce:

That would have been funny. You may still get him if you do betting games :sarcasm:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
That would have been funny. You may still get him if you do betting games :sarcasm:

Nah, I saw what happened to Crimson Skorpion this spring (Private Encounter :help:), might backfire, not going down that route EVER.

I enjoy keeping full control of my identity/avatar as much as I like creating new ones for others.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
So far against the Jets we've done really well in these 2 years of their existence. Hopefully it continues

Go Habs Go

Another 4 goal game from Eller against the Jets :naughty:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Nah, I saw what happened to Crimson Skorpion this spring (Private Encounter :help:), might backfire, not going down that route EVER.

I enjoy keeping full control of my identity/avatar as much as I like creating new ones for others.

I'd never Private Encounter you, anyway. Too much respect for your kid and his love of the Ninja Turtles. :laugh:

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
I HATE those kinds of posts... "Habs fan coming in peace, blablabla" What does that even mean? I'm coming in peace so whatever I say is OK? The "coming in peace" expression might very well be the stupidest thing on this site.. OK, maybe not stupidest, but pretty damn close to it.

100% agree. Makes me cringe everytime I see it.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'd never Private Encounter you, anyway. Too much respect for your kid and his love of the Ninja Turtles. :laugh:

Wait 'til you see him in his Captain America Halloween costume.

(my son, not Crimson Skorpion... although I'll be on the lookout in the neighborhood; might catch a glimpse of some grown-up who's lost yet another bet, trick-or-treating in a superhero outfit that's too tight for him...)

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Looking forward to watching Trouba play, who I personally think is a top 3 prospect in the world.

hogtownhabsfan*

Hoping we can win these next 4. I figure we ought to be favoured against Winnipeg, Columbus, Nashville, and Edmonton, 3 of the games at home.

PricePkPatch*

Jets 2.0 record vs. the Habs: 1-6-0
The one win being a shutout.
Pavalec playing all 7.

Habs = Kryptonite

Not only do we lose but we usually get blown out and always save our worse games for Montreal even in the season you bottomed out??? I am expecting a lackluster dopy effort from the Jets and expecting Pavs to suck because that’s how we roll when we play your team. We seem to love to stand around and watch your team skate and like to find out how good your power play is by giving you about 4 or 5 shots.

I actually meant: do you know when was the last Habs defeat IN Winnipeg? Not "against" the team, but actually IN THEIR ARENA?

I believe it dates back to the Cold War.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I know history says we got this, but I'm worried about tonight. They're pretty big and pretty deep too. Jokinen and Setoguchi on a third is pretty strong. Enstrom/Byfuglien/Bogosian/Trouba is a strong base for a D.

We'll see.

Their D is strong and they've got big guys throughout the lineup but their offense is a bit suspect. Some nice pieces like Kane, Wheeler and Sheifeile but otherwise its not that great.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Wait 'til you see him in his Captain America Halloween costume.

(my son, not Crimson Skorpion... although I'll be on the lookout in the neighborhood; might catch a glimpse of some grown-up who's lost yet another bet, trick-or-treating in a superhero outfit that's too tight for him...)

I'd definitely pay big money to see CS in his Captain America Halloween costume. :laugh:

P.S. Kev your new pic rocks. Nice work Blou!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad