Proposal: Montreal - Arizona

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm skeptical that Montreal is interested in acquiring a 33 year old D-man given their retooling, even if Goligoski makes sense as a target from a needs standpoint. Also like to keep their cap/salary powder dry.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Proposes aren't working as we want it as well, basically it would be better to do so, any retention we could work on as well.

I could see Petry going after this season depending on how Juulsen performed. Weber is a no-go

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
All due respect, but this is the type of move the Habs would make if they were a real Cup contender and they aren't. You don't give up a decent prospect for a 33 year old when you are still trying to build a team.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
I really like Fleury too. I think Brook will be better so I figured he could be used to get some help on LHD. Outside of Romanov, we have no prospects coming in the system at that position so I think it might make sense.

Montreal already has 10 picks in this upcoming draft, not to mention any additional ones coming in from moving players like Benn, Alzner, Schlemko etc. I can see them focusing on stocking their D cupboards in this draft, similar to how they did with Cs last year.

They've just gotta keep on keeping on.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Montreal will NOT move Fleury. They are doing it right this time. No trade for the sake of trading. Go with the kids

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad