Proposal: Montreal - Arizona

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
From Az perspective this won't work.
It all comes down to how they see the top 5 in the draft! Domis stock has drop and we still hear around he’a on the block, i feel like a 2nd round pick and the difference between 3 and 5 could make it! Thats if Arizona is high on a player they feel won’t be there at 5 tho!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It all comes down to how they see the top 5 in the draft! Domis stock has drop and we still hear around he’a on the block, i feel like a 2nd round pick and the difference between 3 and 5 could make it! Thats if Arizona is high on a player they feel won’t be there at 5 tho!
0% chance.

Reactions: doaner and hbk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Are u under the impression that AZ has to move Domi or they are actively trying to sell low. If so, you have been misinformed. I’m not ruling a Domi trade out but he’s only moving if it addressss a need. Moving up 2 spots and the magical late 2nd rounder is of little interest. I like the names who will be on the board at 5.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If rumors are true that Montreal wants Kotkaniemi, I would ask for Crouse to move down 2 spots

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Don't like this for the Yotes. The gap between #3 and #5 is negligible. The gap between Domi and that 2nd round pick is pretty significant.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Under the condition they don't pick Kotkaniemi :P
I think the point is that if Montreal wants the player they need to take him at 3. He may not be there at 6.

From a recent column by AZ best writer Craig Morgan

“— Another name to keep an eye on for the Coyotes as the NHL Draft approaches: Finnish center Jesperi Kotkaniemi. He has been rising recently on draft boards. He had 29 points in 57 games with Assat in Finland’s top league at age 17 and he played a key role for Finland’s gold medal-winning team at the U-18 World Championships. At 6-foot-2, 190 pounds Kotkaniemi could end up being the first center taken. The Athletic’s prospects writer, Corey Pronman, lists him as the No. 4 prospect in his latest rankings.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't like this for the Yotes. The gap between #3 and #5 is negligible. The gap between Domi and that 2nd round pick is pretty significant.

Yotes don't do this exactly for those reasons.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I would do 3rd for 5th and Crouse as a Coyotes fan.

You would have to really like Zadina. While Zadina is a safe pick, relatively speaking....there's going to be bigger boom/ceiling guys drafted below him. I've had Kotkianemi in my ~top 5 for a while and just think he screams NHL projection, but he fits that description. Though I'm not convinced Montreal is the best place for him developmentally right now.

I like Crouse, but he's a winger and we have a plethora. There's always a chance Carolina goes Tkachuk or Zadina. It's calculated but I take that risk

I overlooked the add was only Crouse, makes sense

Reactions: RABBIT

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I like Crouse, but he's a winger and we have a plethora. There's always a chance Carolina goes Tkachuk or Zadina. It's calculated but I take that risk

My 2 cents is Crouse probably has the value of a very late first, very early 2nd. From a Montreal standpoint he would help their smurf problem upfront

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
You would have to really like Zadina. While Zadina is a safe pick, relatively speaking....there's going to be bigger boom/ceiling guys drafted below him. I've had Kotkianemi in my ~top 5 for a while and just think he screams NHL projection, but he fits that description. Though I'm not convinced Montreal is the best place for him developmentally right now.

I overlooked the add was only Crouse, makes sense

My 2 cents is Crouse probably has the value of a very late first, very early 2nd. From a Montreal standpoint he would help their smurf problem upfront

The biggest risk we have at trading to 3 is losing an asset and taking someone that we would've had at 5. I have Zadina solid at 3rd behind Dahlin and Svech. There's a lot of guys at 5 that I like, but narrowing down my options and taking a pure sniper at 3 makes the draft an almost instant success.

Imagine:
Keller-Strome-Zadina

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The biggest risk we have at trading to 3 is losing an asset and taking someone that we would've had at 5. I have Zadina solid at 3rd behind Dahlin and Svech. There's a lot of guys at 5 that I like, but narrowing down my options and taking a pure sniper at 3 makes the draft an almost instant success.

Imagine:
Keller-Strome-Zadina

From a Montreal standpoint you would have to believe the guy you want 3rd would be their 5th and from a Arizona standpoint you would have to believe you are leapfrogging Ottawa to take a guy they would pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad