Proposal: Montreal - Arizona

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

David Schlemko

:coyotes

5th round pick’19

The Yotes have 2dmen that are pending UFAs in Connauton and Schenn.

They could sign them both or one of them. They could use another dman either way. Schlemko would give them a 2yr option at a decent cap hit and help keep them by the cap floor.

Adding in also hat Ekman-Larsson could be dealt too. So there could be a need.

Montreal needs to move a contract on defense and could use the cap space for up front.

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Benn

Schlemko is expandable.

Arizona has 2x6th round picks in 2019 so won’t miss much.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Connauton was very good for us this season and seems to be a great fit in the new system. He can also play either side, and that versatility is great for us. Id rather just re-sign Connauton.

EDIT: Also, OEL is 100% re-signing with the Coyotes.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Connauton was very good for us this season and seems to be a great fit in the new system. He can also play either side, and that versatility is great for us. Id rather just re-sign Connauton.

EDIT: Also, OEL is 100% re-signing with the Coyotes.
Even with Connauton and OEL re-signing they could still need Schlemko.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Out of context, i think juulsen would benefit from playing in the AHL next year, i’d even go and say mete too! Specially if we can bring ducharme and bouchard to the rocket!

Reactions: mariolemieux66

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
"Adding David Schlemko means Coyotes could trade OEL." :laugh::ha:

Schlemko is a nice player, but you can find someone like him in UFA every year.

Coyotes have added a dozen new defensemen to the organization the last 2 years, don't see why we're running back to Schlemko, his time has passed in the desert. And at $2.1m, I don't want him for free.

rt

May 13, 2004
Even with Connauton and OEL re-signing they could still need Schlemko.
Why?

OEL(LHS)-Demers(RHS)
Chychrun(LHS)-Hjalmarsson(LHS)
Goligoski(LHS)-Connauton(LHS)

We’d want a RHS D that can actually help our PP.

Petry would be very interesting. I’ll give you Crouse and a 2nd.

Schlemko isn’t better than anyone in our top six and doesn’t really fill any kind of a need beyond being okay depth when injuries strike. I’d rather have Connauton be that guy.

rt

May 13, 2004
"Adding David Schlemko means Coyotes could trade OEL." :laugh::ha:

Schlemko is a nice player, but you can find someone like him in UFA every year.

Coyotes have added a dozen new defensemen to the organization the last 2 years, don't see why we're running back to Schlemko, his time has passed in the desert. And at $2.1m, I don't want him for free.
His deal was front-loaded and he’s only due 1.85 in actual cash the last two seasons of his contract. Connauton will make at least as much, though, and that’s waaay too much for a broke ass budget team to pay their sixth and seventh D.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
We’d want a RHS D that can actually help our PP.

Petry would be very interesting. I’ll give you Crouse and a 2nd.

Schlemko isn’t better than anyone in our top six and doesn’t really fill any kind of a need beyond being okay depth when injuries strike. I’d rather have Connauton be that guy.

No chance.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I think the Habs would be lucky to get a 5th for him. He had trouble staying healthy this season and his contract is a little inflated for a 5/6 dman.

Probably best to give Juulsen, Mete, Valiev, Reilly more seasoning in the AHL and hope you can move him mid season to a team with injury problems when a 5th might be more viable

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I thought the Draft Lottery was tonight. The Coyotes need to see the draft order before deciding what moves they need to make and what their budget structure might look like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad