Proposal: Montreal - Arizona

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
It would be hard for the Habs to give their first this year!

I think he defense with Weber back and

Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen

Rounding out the remainings pairs the Habs just need to find a top 4 LD to play with Weber.

Instead of the Habs plugging Danault into a top 6 center role and using Drouin.

They could finally get a legit top 6 with Stepan. Good skater too.

Domi is better suited on the wing but could play center if needed.

The Habs could still look at Tavares if even possible to get him but the Habs would look:

Drouin Galchenyuk Scherbak
Pacioretty Stepan Gallagher
Byron Domi Hudon
Lehkonen Shaw Carr
Deslauriers

???? Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Vailev Schlemko

Price
Lindgren

Pacioretty could be dealt and Domi moves up to top 6 LW if need be. Maybe get the top 4 LHD to play with Weber from a Pacioretty deal.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It would be hard for the Habs to give their first this year!

I think he defense with Weber back and

Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen

Rounding out the remainings pairs the Habs just need to find a top 4 LD to play with Weber.

Instead of the Habs plugging Danault into a top 6 center role and using Drouin.

They could finally get a legit top 6 with Stepan. Good skater too.

Domi is better suited on the wing but could play center if needed.

The Habs could still look at Tavares if even possible to get him but the Habs would look:

Drouin Galchenyuk Scherbak
Pacioretty Stepan Gallagher
Byron Domi Hudon
Lehkonen Shaw Carr
Deslauriers

???? Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Vailev Schlemko

Price
Lindgren

Pacioretty could be dealt and Domi moves up to top 6 LW if need be. Maybe get the top 4 LHD to play with Weber from a Pacioretty deal.

Domi has played like a 3rd line for almost two years now.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
If the habs are giving that up... they better get a legit #1 centre. Stepan is like a diet #1 c. A good number 2 but not a top guy.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Domi has played like a 3rd line for almost two years now.

I think Drouin is Domi's comp on Montreal.
-Both drafted in the first half of the first round of 2013. Domi went back to junior for an extra year.
-Both played around 17 minutes per game this season and both played center really for the first time at the NHL level.
-Point production was about the same this season, as well as through this point in their careers (Domi has 127 points in 214 games, Drouin with 134 points in 234 games)
-Domi had a 45%FO vs. Drouin with 43% FO
-I think Max's next contract with the Coyotes will be considerably cheaper than Drouin's $5.5M.

With that in context, maybe Habs fans can understand why Domi is highly valued by the Coyotes. Would Habs fans do a similar deal in reverse for Drouin?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
-Both drafted in the first half of the first round of 2013. Domi went back to junior for an extra year.
-Both played around 17 minutes per game this season and both played center really for the first time at the NHL level.
-Point production was about the same this season, as well as through this point in their careers (Domi has 127 points in 214 games, Drouin with 134 points in 234 games)
-I think Max's next contract with the Coyotes will be considerably cheaper than Drouin's $5.5M.

With that in context, maybe Habs fans can understand why Domi is highly valued by the Coyotes. Would Habs fans do a similar deal in reverse for Drouin?

1. Drouin has way higher potential than Domi.
2. Domi has been rather disappointing since his big rookie season.
3. How much did Domi play center this year? Hes currently listed as the lw on their 2nd line.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
3. How much did Domi play center this year? Hes currently listed as the lw on their 2nd line.
1. drouin wont reach his potential unless he gets a competent #1 C to play with
2. drouin has also been very disappointing. has not produced despite the hype around him.
3. drouin hasn't been good at C either so its not like he is a bonafide C

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No. The Coyotes aren’t looking to dump productive members of their leadership group for picks and prospects. The Coyotes should be looking to move picks and prospects for more Stepans and Domis. They need to win one of the three lotteries, add a couple of legit roster players and start to win some f***ing hockey games already.

My god it’s been so long. If they can’t get at least 90pts next season they should be shipped off to Houston. Enough is enough. I couldn’t give two shits or a f*** about collecting a pile of 2nd round picks. We’ve had enough goddamned 2nd round picks. I’m tired of them.

As a matter of fact, I’d love to dump our 2nd rounder this year (it’s a Minnesota 2nd) and maybe a prospect or two. What can Montreal offer that helps our roster next season? If we don’t pick up Dahlin, I’d sure be interested in Jeff Petry as an example. Or we could use another forward too. Any roster players you’d want to move for picks?

Reactions: Painful Quandary

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Habs shouldn't do this and just keep all their picks. The farm is not in very good shape and with the numbers of picks the team have this year it's the perfect time to bolster the ranks

Pass from an Habs fan POV

rt

May 13, 2004
1. That’s true
2. Not really. His points per game was the same in year two as year one. He broke his hand in a fight. Other than that, he was great. This is his first down year and it had a lot to do with being snake bit (shooting percentage hilariously low) and usage by a brand new coaching staff he wasn’t used to. The whole team was a disaster the first part of the season. He’s come around along with the team, this latter half. He had a very tough half of one season. Other than that, he’s been great the whole time.
3. Didn’t play center early on and hasn’t played center lately. I’d guess roughly 50% of gp this season he played center. The middle part of the season played so far.

rt

May 13, 2004

Good call. What does Montreal want for Drouin? POJ and a 2nd?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
not interrested in Stepan, as long as i realy realy like domi and feel like he could turn it around, We are in no position to trade Mete, even if danault isnt a top end C, we still realy need him to.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Stepan is a decent 2C, Domi still has potential, Danault is a good 3C/meh 2C, Mete could be really good but who knows with him being so small. Two second rounders. I think there's something here to work with.

I wonder how this changes if you try to do a Stepan/Domi package around Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad