OT: Montreal Alouettes 2018 Thread

Aug 25, 2009
éal
The season is about to start. I'm curious, any of you guys old enough to remember the old Alouettes days? I'm looking for someone who went through the Montreal relocalisation to Baltimore in 1994-1995. That must have been really weird to go through as a fan.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The season is about to start. I'm curious, any of you guys old enough to remember the old Alouettes days? I'm looking for someone who went through the Montreal relocalisation to Baltimore in 1994-1995. That must have been really weird to go through as a fan.
I had kinda lost interest in them when they left, I was out of province. I used to attend a lot of games in the late 70's early 80's.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa

The CFL did it the right way in my opinion. They consider the Baltimore franchise as having been folded, and then the Als franchise reactivated from the old teams of the 1980s and earlier. Trying to sell people on a brand new team that's moved from the US would have been a lot harder than just saying 'oh, the Als are back btw', even though they had been gone from the city for almost a decade. There was still a built-in fan base of people who remembered the old team. As someone who grew up cheering for the Als (although I'm not really a huge football fan), the CFL never seemed complete without Montreal.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
They finally won a game ending a horrible 13 losses in a row. Bonus, they did it on the road, and embarrassed former Als Duron Carter who thought he was a cornerback. Hope they can build on this.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
They finally won a game ending a horrible 13 losses in a row. Bonus, they did it on the road, and embarrassed former Als Duron Carter who thought he was a cornerback. Hope they can build on this.

I liked what I saw from Matthews and wouldn't mind seeing more of him. Mind you that's also because I'm not a big fan of Willy.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The Als wont get anywhere with a defensive unit that can't play defense.
The problem lies with the offence. They can't generate any, thus the defence gets overworked. I think they gave up on Rakeem Kato too quickly. He seemed to understand the CFL game, just needed coaching.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
First game of the season against the Lions. Let's hope for a good showing at least.
I went to the game, as I do every year, and even though the Al's lost this time for once they at least looked credible and put up a fight. Most years the Al's come to BC they get rolled like a wino in the gutter. One time, near the end of the Calvillo era they scored only 5 points and didn't have a first down after the first quarter. So I guess they are slowly improving. They won a tough road game in Regina and came up just short last night with their back up quarterback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad