Confirmed with Link: Montreal Acquires Mike Reilly from Minnesota for a 2019 5th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
you are right about Yzerman having an advantage... but all these hemsky streit Benn schlemko semin briere sekac parenteau types of risks signings need to stop... sadly earlier this season after being questioned about streit and hemsky not working out MB said that he would gladly do it again... he just doesn't get it

I don't care about the low risk with potential of high return moves and I actually think Bergevin is good at this. I really do think any GM in the city of Montreal is going to have a hard time getting impact players to sign with us. We got lucky with Radulov and we should of signed him to a 3+ year contract instead of a prove it one year contract. The GM in Montreal (whoever that is moving forward) needs to focus on draft picks and not trade them away. This is really our only way we are going to address the holes in our line-up. The Hero or Zero evaluation from the fan base and tax situation turns a lot of players away.

It's better to build through the draft and we are doing that but it takes time. Moving forward, it's pretty simple. Trade Vets on expiring contracts and draft, draft, draft. We are turning the corner with our prospect pool but we lack grade A prospects. We need to do well in the next draft with the picks we have and cross your fingers the draft is deep like they say it is.... deep enough that gems slip into the 2nd round!

I don't care about Patch and his family. He has been a good player for us but he has bailed when we need him. Trade him on draft day please. He is not giving us a home town discount on his next contract. Forget about it. He is going to say all the right things to the media but he is not happy with how he has been treated but too bad for him. We need a captain that can lead us, not disappear when we need him.

Reactions: Agalloch

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
There is no way this team will be able to get a #1C and a top pairing D in the offseason with the assets they have without creating more holes on the roster

He can use Draft picks and mid level prospects
he has no choice to make big moves or he will be let go and I'm sure he knows it
Molson as much as we hate him right now probably will not allow for Bergevin to not spend to the cap next year, pretty sure he learned his lesson

Reactions: ArtPeur

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't care about the low risk with potential of high return moves and I actually think Bergevin is good at this. I really do think any GM in the city of Montreal is going to have a hard time getting impact players to sign with us. We got lucky with Radulov and we should of signed him to a 3+ year contract instead of a prove it one year contract. The GM in Montreal (whoever that is moving forward) needs to focus on draft picks and not trade them away. This is really our only way we are going to address the holes in our line-up. The Hero or Zero evaluation from the fan base and tax situation turns a lot of players away.

It's better to build through the draft and we are doing that but it takes time. Moving forward, it's pretty simple. Trade Vets on expiring contracts and draft, draft, draft. We are turning the corner with our prospect pool but we lack grade A prospects. We need to do well in the next draft with the picks we have and cross your fingers the draft is deep like they say it is.... deep enough that gems slip into the 2nd round!

I don't care about Patch and his family. He has been a good player for us but he has bailed when we need him. Trade him on draft day please. He is not giving us a home town discount on his next contract. Forget about it. He is going to say all the right things to the media but he is not happy with how he has been treated but too bad for him. We need a captain that can lead us, not disappear when we need him.

I think it's almost a sure thing Pacioretty is gone this summer. Drouin and Galchenyuk should be our left wingers next year.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Absolutely nothing in this post that hasn’t been posted in about a million other posts. Why people like repeating the same thing over and over and over and over yet again parroting others, is beyond me. It is like some lemming club ... let’s all head for that cliff, boys!

Right now, we are talking about our new D, andsome of us are hoping that his game finally translates.

Looking forward to seeing him in action.

I hope he can shore up his D game because from all reports his O game is good. If Julien can get him to work more on his D, he could pay off big!
Oh, you mean like he did with Beaulieu, Schlemko, Morrow, Jerabek, Davidson and Nestrov?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it's almost a sure thing Pacioretty is gone this summer. Drouin and Galchenyuk should be our left wingers next year.

I would accept the fact that we have another off year but we walk into the season with less expectations and let the kids grow while we get another draft lottery shot and a possible top 10 pick.

Galchenyuk / Drouin / Scherbak
Lehkonen / Danault / Gallagher
Byron / DLR / Shaw
Deslaurier / Froese / Hudon

Carr, McCarron, LShaw

Mete / Weber
Schlemko / Petry
Alzner / Juulsen

Benn, Reilly, Lernout

Price
Lindgren

The one thing I would explore is moving Petry to the left side and pairing him with Juulsen. Trade Schlemko or Benn for future picks.

Mete / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Reilly / Alzner

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Beaulieu was 24
Morrow is 25
Davidson 26
Nestrov was 24
Jerabek 26

Mike Reilly is 24 will be 25 in July.

Yeah, you're right. He's babe.

Beaulieu turned pro in 2012
Morrow turned pro in 2012
Davidson turned pro in 2012
Nesterov turned pro in 2011
Jerabek's been playing pro hockey since 2008! The guy is WYSIWYG.

Reilly turned pro in 2015...

They took a chance on this guy what's the problem?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Taking a chance on a guy that was having a harder time turning pro than all the other busts on your list. When we should be rebuilding. Yep sounds like a stellar MB move.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Beaulieu was 24
Morrow is 25
Davidson 26
Nestrov was 24
Jerabek 26

Mike Reilly is 24 will be 25 in July.

Yeah, you're right. He's babe.
Beaulieu is brain dead and has had a snails pace progression.....

Meanwhile, Reilly led his team to a WJC Gold medal.......Reilly was part of a D core in Minnesota that was deep and good.....Beaulieu was gift wrapped the #2 D position and did the best he could with it......1 month later he's back as a 3rd D pairing.

He's had multitude of chances to prove himself worthy on a HABS and Sabres team that weren't too strong on D, the results speak of volume of Beaulieu, so glad we got rid of the idiot clown.

Now I won't make any allusions of Reilly, he's a #5/6 that could probably fill in a top 4 role for spot duty, but clearly an upgrade over the aforementioned D and I'll add Benn and Alzner to that group......a good pick up at trade deadline.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Taking a chance on a guy that was having a harder time turning pro than all the other busts on your list. When we should be rebuilding. Yep sounds like a stellar MB move.
Harder time of Longer time?

Minnesota has a good D core, a little harder to pierce that line up. I see him as a 25pt player that can move the puck and has decent size, I'm good with all this.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
TAking some chances on guys, I have absolutely no problem with that. Mike Reilly is like Tim Erixon. Guys like that that have some qualities and were supposed to be great will have an extended life. And that's fine. Problem in Montreal is that Bergevin ''supposed plan'' is BUILD on this. How many times do we keep hearing and reading this? How, ''it's low risk, and not a problem to take a risk on this or that guy''. By doing this over and over and over again, there are so many contracts you can sign. And at one point, when you really believe that those non-risky guys might actually really help you, it stops you from working harder and finding real solutions. So it's mostly his plan. And you do not win with a plan like that.

But I'm fine with Reilly. Just like I'm fine with Valiev. Rychel? I think that boat has sailed already....but I guess it's fine too. Thing is, this type of signings should be icing on an already well build cake.

Montreal is mostly build on icing. Nothing is sure. Even our safest players. Will Weber be healthy till the rest of his career. Will Price really pick up next season, does he has the commitment to do so? I guess we still have Gallagher, we know what this kid will give us every year. But what else? This team is mostly build on freakin question marks. And that won't change next year.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Who cares man?! It's not like we traded a first round pick for this guy or something...

I don't understand the reaction with all these reclamation projects... What's the problem? It costs literally nothing to try the guy, if it won't work he'll be gone and that's it.

Well if you think he sucks then it will only help your rebuild thing... You should applaud Bergevin.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Beaulieu is brain dead and has had a snails pace progression.....

Meanwhile, Reilly led his team to a WJC Gold medal.......Reilly was part of a D core in Minnesota that was deep and good.....Beaulieu was gift wrapped the #2 D position and did the best he could with it......1 month later he's back as a 3rd D pairing.

He's had multitude of chances to prove himself worthy on a HABS and Sabres team that weren't too strong on D, the results speak of volume of Beaulieu, so glad we got rid of the idiot clown.

Now I won't make any allusions of Reilly, he's a #5/6 that could probably fill in a top 4 role for spot duty, but clearly an upgrade over the aforementioned D and I'll add Benn and Alzner to that group......a good pick up at trade deadline.
Wow...an upgrade over Benn. Yippee-ki-ye motherf***ers!
Let's get an upgrade on the 12th Forward too.

How's this even a discussion? lol Who gives a flying f*** about Reilly. He isn't going to change jack crap.
But I guess when there is close to nothing to give credit to Bergevin for, people have to resort about the savvy move of bringing in a potential 5-6D. And that's potential. He could very well just be an AHLer.
But sure. Props I guess.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

The problem is that this is where The Idiot puts in all his effort. Moving in and moving out fringe NHLers. I'm starting to think the lucky break he got with Byron has gone to his head and he figures if he makes enough of those pick ups and/or trades he'll eventually assemble a Cup winning team. A scary thought with a scarier outcome

When he first took over the team 6 years ago we were missing 1 bona fide top six center. Today after his masterful wheeling and dealing of players on the bubble we're missing 2 top six centers AND a top pairing left d-man.

You see progress there? And to answer your question, that's the problem.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Who cares man?! It's not like we traded a first round pick for this guy or something...

I don't understand the reaction with all these reclamation projects... What's the problem? It costs literally nothing to try the guy, if it won't work he'll be gone and that's it.

Well if you think he sucks then it will only help your rebuild thing... You should applaud Bergevin.

ALL THESE RECLAMATION PROJECTS.....tell me this..how many winning teams have that many? As of now, in our situation NOW, yeah, it's absolutely unimportant. RIGHT NOW is the time to try reclamation projects. But we also did that last summer. What did it cost us? Being awful. Are we going that route again this summer? What will it cost us? Being awful again. So unless you are telling me that going all in on reclamation projects for the next 5 years is a way for Bergevin to willingly tank without saying it....I'm perfectly fine with that. Me and you and everybody else know that it has absolutely nothing to do with that. And all those reclamation projects that don't work while it doesn't cost us anything, so you say, just proof how inept this management is in their evaluation.

You have to wonder why we didn't keep other reclamation projects...like DSP who is doing great. Or even Eller and keep him as our 3rd C no matter how we thought he struggled....or Pateryn on D......geez, or Yannick Weber who is a permanent fixture on a great D lineup in Nashville. How are those reclamation projects? You don't think that all this reclamation projects is not a sign of how bad evaluators those guys are? Do you really need to see 1st rounders being traded for them to realize how bad that management is?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Wow...an upgrade over Benn. Yippee-ki-ye mother****ers!

How's this even a discussion? lol Who gives a flying **** about Reilly. He isn't going to change jack crap.
But I guess when there is close to nothing to give credit to Bergevin for, people have to resort about the savvy move of bringing in a potential 5-6D. And that's potential. He could very well just be an AHLer.
But sure. Props I guess.
Wow...an upgrade over Benn. Yippee-ki-ye mother****ers!

How's this even a discussion? lol Who gives a flying **** about Reilly. He isn't going to change jack crap.
But sure. Props I guess.
Last time I checked, #5/6 D were an actual position in the NHL and if you can upgrade at that position, you do it. I'm sure if he did no trades you'd be the first to crucify him on these boards.

#1 and 2 centres will be addressed in the off season at the draft and July 1st....at least they should be. I don't know of too many non playoff teams addressing their major needs at the deadline.

With the good draft position we'll have this year and the 35m$ in cap space, I expect a significant upgrade. If Bergevin cannot address these glaring needs this offseason, I will like most of you, call for his dismissal.

Reactions: sharks9

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
#1 and 2 centres will be addressed in the off season at the draft and July 1st....at least they should be. I don't know of too many non playoff teams addressing their major needs at the deadline.

How will he be able to do in one off-season what he hasn't been able to address in 5? Who is available in the UFA market NOT NAMED TAVARES that will be able to fix that position? Tyler Bozak? Who else?

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Of course you don't........it's in plain ****in English, where's the confusion?......oh wait........

Oh man, you have issues. My original comment had no reference to anything Yzerman has done. You pulled that out of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->