OT: Montréal Impact thread - Bojan's dreamy eyes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
My spanish is not up there, but the fan was trying to explain how important the game of wednesday is for the team. In Europe, teams don't qualify in Cup games for the Champion's league.
I know, but Boyan was telling him it's not because they aren't ready. He knows the team is shite lol.

The same discourse from Piette 2 weeks ago.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
JP, are you actually trying to defend Cabrera? He has literally worsened the team since he got here lol. I understand you're naturally biased as he's colombian, but come on man.
With this team sir Alex couldn't save it let's be honest. Way too many subpar starters, the only thing you can hope is losing 1-0 instead of 5-0. That's why I said idk what Gilmore was expecting out of him. A real interim coach could've been Nancy or Bats someone who knows the team and personalities of everyone already.

I hope they give their all for the final because it's becoming a routine to see Toronto destroy Montreal to the point we won't call it a rivalry.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
When you look at the squad and compare it with the league

Goalkeeping: middle of the pack
Full backs: I’d rate our group top 10
Central defense: bottom 5
Wings: top 10, top 5 when Piatti plays
Central midfield: bottom 5 (Piette and Taider are borderline MLS starters and the rest are NASL caliber)
Forwards: bottom 5 (if not worse)

The areas that need improvement are pretty obvious to me.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I can’t believe we were a better team with the likes of Reo-Cocker, Mancosu, Larrea, that polish dude, Wandrille, JackMac, Perkins, Donadel, Bernadello

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
When you look at the squad and compare it with the league

Goalkeeping: middle of the pack
Full backs: I’d rate our group top 10
Central defense: bottom 5
Wings: top 10, top 5 when Piatti plays
Central midfield: bottom 5 (Piette and Taider are borderline MLS starters and the rest are NASL caliber)
Forwards: bottom 5 (if not worse)

The areas that need improvement are pretty obvious to me.
No coincidence this team sucks, the spine of the roster is sub par.

I think Piette is as good as a guy like Chara in Portland, but lacks his complement in midfield. And Taider has showed good technical level in the past, but he's meant to be a jabroni in Italy who plays a specific role rather than a DP in MLS who's supposed to make a difference offensively.

We gotta start recruiting the right guys for our needs. Not just players with a certain talent and technical level, but that don't actually fit.

CBs are putrid. I'd only keep Raitala, but use him in a secondary role.

Forwards, we've already said everything at this point, no need to say it again.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I know, but Boyan was telling him it's not because they aren't ready. He knows the team is ****e lol.

The same discourse from Piette 2 weeks ago.

That doesn't give me much hope... Honestly for the first time in weeks I predict a loss against TO wednesday...

Everything will fall on the new DS... They can't f*** that one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad