GDT: Montréal @ Calgary - 8PM ET - TSN/RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
Lol Ill be at the game too. Cant wait, man. We need to break the losing streak in this city and it starts tomorrow night!

Just win. Or else I'm not going to work the next day.. :laugh:

Hahah I already have my morning booked off pal, getting the train to the rink at 4:30 and digging right into the Dome Beers

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I thought Calgary would score zero goals all year but their offense has been pretty good so far. Too bad we're not catching them later in the year when their inevitiable slump will be in full swing. Oh well, at least we get the Western road trip done early.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Beaulieu deserves at least one game. Playing old man Cubes back to back....give the kid a shot

melnyk budget*

Didn't want to make a thread on it and not sure where exactly to post it so I'll post it here since I'm sure I'll get some opinions.

Just tuning into TSN690 and Knuckles Nilan is on. Anybody else think he sucks on the radio? He never has anything interesting to say, so monotone and boring. The guy can't even complete sentences half the time. Every third word is 'umm' followed by dead air. He makes boring old Randy Tieman talking about fishing and canadian university football sound so interesting in that 1-3 slot.

I'm done ranting.

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this. I can't be. He's just so damn bad.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Calgary is an incredibly boring team to watch, the league is really trying to ease us into the excitement of the regular season this year...
We've actually played very aggressive fast paced hockey since Hartley took over last year, and we're even more fun to watch this year with a bunch of young hungry players taking over for some really uninspired vets(such as Tanguay). I'd expect we're actually one of the most entertaining teams this season.

I'm not going to bother trying to predict the score, but I think it's going to be a very exciting, tight game tonight which is all I'm really hoping for.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Based on how the Flames have performed thus far, I could see them taking it. Their defense seems suspect, but if they can build enough of a lead early on, we might be in trouble.

If the lead is less than 3 goals though, we have a good at winning it. It will be nice to see Pacioretty back in action, he was great in the preseason.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
That Flames roster looks terrible but they're somehow competitive.

It somewhat reminds me of the early 2000s Habs. Instead of drafting Kovalchuk lets play out of our minds, miss the playoffs anyways and draft Komisarek!!1!1!

Note : at least these squads had Koivu. That Calgary squad has squat, altho Monahan will be good eventually.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Have a good game guys! May the best team win (hopefully not on paper! :laugh:)

Calgary is an incredibly boring team to watch, the league is really trying to ease us into the excitement of the regular season this year...

That was with Sutter; Hartley's system is a lot of fun to watch IMO.

fallsviewafro*

GL HF. No rustled jimmies please.

Even if the Flames are up by three goals at some point, don't worry :laugh:

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Can't believe the game is still like 4.5 hours away... It's been too long lol, feels almost longer than the summer :P

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I usually have a vague familiarity of any name of current NHLers. Not that I'd know how they play or anything but I can see name like Lance Bouma and think 'yeah I heard that name before'.

Today, I see 'Street' on the first line and think...who the hell is that. Feels bad.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I usually have a vague familiarity of any name of current NHLers. Not that I'd know how they play or anything but I can see name like Lance Bouma and think 'yeah I heard that name before'.

Today, I see 'Street' on the first line and think...who the hell is that. Feels bad.

I feel the same way, I follow most things around the league and I don't know who half of these players are... when your superstar is Mike Cammalleri, you have a problem

Source : Mike Cammalleri was our "superstar" at some point

EDIT - half is pure exaggeration, before some internet know-it-all calls me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad