Montoya's Strengths and Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
I was wondering if some people who have seen more of him could tell me about his strengths and weaknessess. (ie reflexes, positioning, mental game, skating, etc.)

I only got to see him in the Gold Medal game and I didn't get much of a chance to pay attention to him, because I was so into the game. :)

Funkymoses

he's ridiculously like Marty Turco.

He's got Turco's puckhandling ability and general clutch-ness. He's also got great reflexes and cross-crease movement. He makes very difficult saves moving from side to side with frequency.

He's also a hothead like Turco... last year teams ran him a lot because he would lose his cool and take bad penalties or get off his game. He doesn't always have the best technique and can give up bad rebounds.

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
Funkymoses said:
he's ridiculously like Marty Turco.

He's got Turco's puckhandling ability and general clutch-ness. He's also got great reflexes and cross-crease movement. He makes very difficult saves moving from side to side with frequency.

He's also a hothead like Turco... last year teams ran him a lot because he would lose his cool and take bad penalties or get off his game. He doesn't always have the best technique and can give up bad rebounds.

Funky has summed it up pretty well. Some Michigan fans refer to him as "Monturco". His technique is a little raw at times, but then so was Turco's when he was a Michigan sophomore. The best thing about him is his mental attitude in big games, like the WJCs showed the world. He played his best hockey for Michigan in the CCHA and NCAA tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad