Montoya or Schwarz

Status
Not open for further replies.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
I think Schwarz is better. His style is much more unorthodox than Montoyas-Montoya is a safer pick I think, but Schwarz could be great-or at least a little better than Montoya. He also has double-jointed knees.

Schwarz is stylistically unorthodox. He's like an amalgamation of Felix Potvin and Dominik Hasek. He's all over the place at times, but his reflexes are solid and he's able to recover. His quickness is world class already, he could be the best glove hand goalie in the league in a few years. Remember also that he's got his glove on the opposite hand.

Montoya is almost the exact opposite. He's always square to the shooter and he comes way out to challenge. He's perhaps the most aggressive teenage goalie I've ever seen. He needs to discipline this and be more calm and reactive in order to succeed in the NHL. He's pretty solid with his rebounds, but if he messes up he's not great in a scramble. I've seen him display poor technique when there's a fight in front of the net. His recovery can also be a bit awkward.

Based on sheer ability I would have put Schwarz as a 5-10 pick and Montoya as a 25-40 pick.

CH Wizard

nurminen31 said:
I think Schwarz is better. His style is much more unorthodox than Montoyas-Montoya is a safer pick I think, but Schwarz could be great-or at least a little better than Montoya. He also has double-jointed knees.

AGREE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad