Montoya is OUT, Corey Schneider is IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Montoya is going to be sitting game 3 against Belarus, he's given up 8 goals in the first two games despite giving up only 8 goals in the entire tournament last year.

Corey Schneider is in :handclap:

1.92 GAA
.920 Save%

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Accord said:
Montoya is going to be sitting game 3 against Belarus, he's given up 8 goals in the first two games despite giving up only 8 goals in the entire tournament last year.

Corey Schneider is in :handclap:

1.92 GAA
.920 Save%

Dood.. the game has been going on for an hour now.. I won't bore you with the details of what has happened to the US goaltending in this game.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
I feel for the US goaltenders. Nobody is playing well for the US, sadly a goaltender's mistake is a lot more visible than a forward or defenseman's.

RoyIsALegend*

Montoya looks awful.

Schneider looked worse.

The American defense is an absolute joke.

This couldn't get any better.

Avery4Byng*

RoyIsALegend said:
Montoya looks awful.

Schneider looked worse.

The American defense is an absolute joke.

This couldn't get any better.

After Suter it doesnt look too promising whatsoever.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
BAuldie said:
Dood.. the game has been going on for an hour now.. I won't bore you with the details of what has happened to the US goaltending in this game.

Whaaaaaaaat, apparently ESPN is showing it on tape delay down here in the States.... :lol

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Well, the USA is looking to re-group now. The effort is there, but they can't complete their passes and plays worth a damn. And whenever Montoya plays the puck, it results in a chance for Belarus.

This game is a gong show.

~Canucklehead~

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
And whenever Montoya plays the puck, it results in a chance for Belarus.

eh? montoya hasn't played the puck to the opposing team (yet, i'm watching the tape delay...) so far he's played it to his own team, THEN they eff it up

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Levitate said:
eh? montoya hasn't played the puck to the opposing team (yet, i'm watching the tape delay...) so far he's played it to his own team, THEN they eff it up

He reveals that trick in the 3rd period.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jeff Likens is so ****ing bad. He is just awful. Why in God's name is he getting ice time?

And Schneider looked just dreadful. He's just not ready yet. At least Montoya seems to be playing more up to par and only let in two goals overall. He had some great saves on a few flurries, but he has to keep those rebounds down.

But Jeff Likens... Man, oh man.

Nimrods Son

It would certainly appear that the USA simply don't have what it takes right now at this level. Better luck next year.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
If that's Montoya playing up to 'par'...look out, because when/if Canada and Sid the Kid get their hands on that 'par' goalie we will most certainly run up the scoreboard into double digits.

:lol :eek: :lol

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
salostyle said:
If that's Montoya playing up to 'par'...look out, because when/if Canada and Sid the Kid get their hands on that 'par' goalie we will most certainly run up the scoreboard into double digits.

He's made some very, very nice saves. I wish this damn defense would get off their ass.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
salostyle said:

may be...but dont forget he beat them last year..... :teach:

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Pierre MacGuire might have been overly critical of Montoya...but watching the Russia game, highlights from Switzerland and the game tonight...he has been nothing short of pathetic. Old Slats is going to regret that pick, then again he's got Blackburn and Lundquist (SP) in the sytem.

Seriously though I've seen a couple oops it the round rubber thing hit me and people are cheering saves that looked decent but I have yet to see the Montoya from last year...so far he get's my vote as worst goalie in the tournament and biggest overall disappoint!!!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hey, I think a Tommy Salo fan knows a thing or two about awful netminding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad