Value of: Montour

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Jets could use another RHD, Montour is an expiring ufa at end of season and could use a change of scenery.

3rd/4th rounder + B prospect (Niku?)

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
If Montour can be nearly as effective as Pionk, I’m definitely interested. Potential with him was high before moving to Buffalo, not sure what’s happened. Change of scenery to an offensive team could be all that’s needed.

Is it really the fact he’s been moved to the left side that‘s hurt his play? Any other factors?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
If Montour can be nearly as effective as Pionk, I’m definitely interested. Potential with him was high before moving to Buffalo, not sure what’s happened. Change of scenery to an offensive team could be all that’s needed.

Is it really the fact he’s been moved to the left side that‘s hurt his play? Any other factors?

Moved to his offside plus no power play time are the main reasons why his play dropped off

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Looking at last year's deadline and the price of guys like Vatanen, Forbort, Gustafsson, et al., it's probably a 3rd rounder or a 4th/meh prospect that Buffalo thinks it can find a role for. I think Buffalo takes the 3rd and moves on - while Guhle hasn't really made the leap at the NHL level, what an awful trade by Buffalo.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Moved to his offside plus no power play time are the main reasons why his play dropped off

He was never a PP guy. The problem is Kreuger's system doesn't ever let him do the one thing he's capable of doing at a very high level: transition the puck with his feet.

E: That and spending all of last season playing out of position, either at LD or at RW on the 4th line.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
He was never a PP guy. The problem is Kreuger's system doesn't ever let him do the one thing he's capable of doing at a very high level: transition the puck with his feet.

E: That and spending all of last season playing out of position, either at LD or at RW on the 4th line.

Forgot he was playing forward last year as well. Just laughed at how ridiculous the entire situation was

The last few games I've watched, Montour seems to have free reign to rush the puck from the defensive to offensive zone, but he does the same thing every time he breaks into the offensive zone: tries to rush towards the goalie, gets boxed out by a defender, then instead of passing or finding someone open, he just circles with the puck behind the net and loses it

He has the physical tools and ability to be a good NHL defenseman, but he needs some good coaching to put it all together

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Meh. Value-wise, it's fine. But this is already a lost season for Buffalo. I'm just hoping for a 3rd for Mountour, and then maybe make a run in UFA at a guy like Nemeth in the offseason or Bernier to be backup next season.

Ok. I understand that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad