Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Batista says WWE has not invited him back to appear at the 1000 episode of SmackDown in October, which takes place in Batista's hometown of Washington, DC. Batista said he should know by now to not be shocked at these things. Batista spent much of the previous brand split on SmackDown, including being the captain of Team Smackdown's, and World Heavyweight Champion.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WWE, aka Vince/Stephanie/HHH, are so ridiculous when it comes to holding a grudge. The CM Punk stuff is definitely a mutual failure in terms of communication, but they couldn't help but send him termination papers on his wedding day and they DEFINITELY knew it was his wedding day or whatever it was (Honeymoon?)

Now Batista. Batista's story about saying they should do something as GoTG was going to be big. HHH/Vince allegedly laughed at him and were made to look like fools. Batista wanted to be heel against DB. HHH/Vince didn't listen. Now it really seems like they hold a grudge on the guy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I do agree... the company is petty as hell.

That said, never liked Batista and always thought he was pretty shitty to be honest. Just another big guy, jacked out of his mind getting a push. Don't think he was remotely good at all.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why was Triple H a zombie? Why did that one clip have Sheamuses head at like x200.

I'm so confused as well :laugh:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Why was Triple H a zombie? Why did that one clip have Sheamuses head at like x200.

I'm so confused as well :laugh:

Sheamus was bobblehead mode

as for Zombie Triple H

I got nothing

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Are we ignoring AJ covered in gold at the end?

Kinda “cool” if ultimate deletion is there. The rest is random crap

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Are we ignoring AJ covered in gold at the end?

Kinda “cool” if ultimate deletion is there. The rest is random crap

the gold AJ is probably the final boss of that million dollar thing

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why is there a bobblehead mode :laugh:

I swear the WWE series is to 2K what the NHL series is to EA. Just not really a priority and they just throw random crap into the game and hope for the best :laugh:

Oct 18, 2011
- Batista says WWE has not invited him back to appear at the 1000 episode of SmackDown in October, which takes place in Batista's hometown of Washington, DC. Batista said he should know by now to not be shocked at these things. Batista spent much of the previous brand split on SmackDown, including being the captain of Team Smackdown's, and World Heavyweight Champion.
This is absurd. Him and Undertaker carried that brand when WWE treated it like an afterthought

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dean Ambrose revealed he had two surgeries, one for a MRSA infection. He said he almost died and was on antibiotics for months that made him puke and shit himself.

He also said his initial triceps injury was disguised by bursa sacs that build up from landing on your elbows when you take a back bump. He said something went wrong during the first surgery and he had to get a second one in March, and at that point his arm was skeletal, he couldn't flex his arm or do anything.

He also said in the same interview that the "Ironman of WWE" title is a title worth $0 and he'll let someone else have it

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
We knew he had a second surgery, but I had just assumed it was a failed one or re-injured during re-hab. This is way worse than that :S.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Something had to have happened during that 2014 run or after that we haven't been told yet which made WWE just forget about Batista completely. With the success of GotG and Infinity War, you'd think Vince would be rolling out the red carpet to Batista considering his current star-power and Vince's obsession with celebrities.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Dean Ambrose revealed he had two surgeries, one for a MRSA infection. He said he almost died and was on antibiotics for months that made him puke and **** himself.

He also said his initial triceps injury was disguised by bursa sacs that build up from landing on your elbows when you take a back bump. He said something went wrong during the first surgery and he had to get a second one in March, and at that point his arm was skeletal, he couldn't flex his arm or do anything.

He also said in the same interview that the "Ironman of WWE" title is a title worth $0 and he'll let someone else have it

It was kind of Roman to offer Dean an arm vest upon his return.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE is interested in signing Indie Star 'Walter' to a contract, and it appears a deal is quite close. WWE wanted to sign him back when they signed Keith Lee, but no deal was reached. 'Walter' is expected to be used much like Tyler Bate, & Pete Dunne, where he is brought in every now and then for NXT TV Tapings, but is mainly on the NXT UK Brand.

- WWE & NJPW are interested in signing Killer Kross, who is currently working for Impact, AAA, and Lucha Underground.

- Paul Heyman continues to be backstage at WWE TV, as it appears he is continuing to work in a producer/writing role. This began when Heyman was listed as the producer for Roman Reigns' segments in the build up to the final battle at SummerSlam with Brock Lesner. WWE wants to get Paul Heyman back on TV, but there's no word yet on who the next Heyman guy or girl will be. It was reported that WWE has decided against pairing Heyman with Ronda Rousey, and when Kevin Owens quit, it was speculated he would return with Heyman in his corner, but that was proven false. Until then however, it appears Heyman will remain backstage in a producing role, which isn't a bad thing.

- Vince McMahon's anti-manager sentiment seems to have disappeared, as there is now talk of WWE being interested in managers on the indies to work with Superstars currently under contract, however there is no word on exact targets. In the past couple of weeks we have seen Drake Maverick become the manager for AOP, and Lio Rush become the manager for Bobby Lashley.

- Despite WWE confirming that Neville was free & clear to work anywhere he wants immediatley, Neville has not yet booked any indie dates and is apparently telling promotions that he can't accept any dates right now, but will be able to soon. He apparently has many of the top promotions wanting to bring him in.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Vince McMahon's anti-manager sentiment seems to have disappeared, as there is now talk of WWE being interested in managers on the indies to work with Superstars currently under contract, however there is no word on exact targets. In the past couple of weeks we have seen Drake Maverick become the manager for AOP, and Lio Rush become the manager for Bobby Lashley.

If they want managers, Stokely Hathaway is who they need to get.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Appears Matt Hardy has retired. He released a YouTube video after the live event in Texas, saying it was his last scheduled appearance as Woken Matt Hardy, and that it was time to go home. Matt Hardy has recently been working in a backstage capacity at TV events. It may leave the door open for a run as Hardy Boyz Matt Hardy again.

Hardy is apparently starting an intense physio therapy for his lower back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->