Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Off topic, but I have a creeping thought in the back of my head about the severity of Reigns' diagnosis with the way they're handling things.

Obviously any cancer is serious, but I wonder exactly what the level of severity is of his diagnosis. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to be working this into a storyline if there were a significant chance that Roman doesn't make it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Off topic, but I have a creeping thought in the back of my head about the severity of Reigns' diagnosis with the way they're handling things.

Obviously any cancer is serious, but I wonder exactly what the level of severity is of his diagnosis. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to be working this into a storyline if there were a significant chance that Roman doesn't make it.

Never underestimate how sleazy the WWE can be. They absolutely can be stupid enough to work it into a storyline.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Never underestimate how sleazy the WWE can be. They absolutely can be stupid enough to work it into a storyline.

They can definitely be sleazy... Which is also why I wonder if, and this coincides with the unknown severity, they pushed Roman into making it public to profit on his recovery.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They can definitely be sleazy... Which is also why I wonder if, and this coincides with the unknown severity, they pushed Roman into making it public to profit on his recovery.

It should come to the surprise of no one if that did occur. Not saying they did and I don't think they did but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. lol

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I haven't kept track of what Brock's current WWE contract situation is, but some potentially interesting (but possibly unrelated) news out of the UFC. They just announced a show on the Saturday of Royal Rumble weekend in Anaheim, mostly to compete with Bellator who's running a show in Los Angeles. Early rumor/internet guesses is a Brock/Daniel Cormier fight.

Cormier has a self-imposed target to finish his MMA career before he turns 40 in March, although I wouldn't be shocked if he changed those plans for a big payday.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Hulk Hogan

If only Warrior were still around. He could have cut a "queerin' don't work" promo, therefore completing the tri-force of bigotry.

I'm always amazed at the redemption of the Warrior. I remember reading in Bret's book that he was a complete piece of trash, who did everything that he could do to avoid talking to a sick kid, and that he was a selfish skid mark. After his career ended his public speeches and web blogs were the height of homophobia and blatant racism.

Then he gets completely reformed, all the wrestlers that hated him, suddenly loved him, and they built an entire award around him.

It was actually pretty gross.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
from WON, Bryan decided not to work Saudi Arabia well before the murder. He asked to lose to the Miz in the #1 Contender match

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Randy Orton was interviewed at the airport on his way to Saudi Arabia by TMZ.

When asked about John Cena pulling out, he responded by asking if John Cena still wrestles.

When asked about the poor public perception, Randy simply answered by saying that he has 5 kids, and needs to make money.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

When asked about John Cena pulling out, he responded by asking if John Cena still wrestles.

When asked about the poor public perception, Randy simply answered by saying that he has 5 kids, and needs to make money.

Suuuuuure Randy, you "need" to make money. Unless he managed his money poorly, he literally has MILLIONS in the bank. Orton is not some upstart wrestler. He is a seasoned veteran who made milllions upon millions of dollars for 15 years.

Easy excuse.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
from WON, Bryan decided not to work Saudi Arabia well before the murder. He asked to lose to the Miz in the #1 Contender match

I kind of believe him and I kind of don't. If you had your mind made up before the murder then for what reason? Whatever it was didn't prevent him from going the first time so what changed if it wasn't that?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I kind of believe him and I kind of don't. If you had your mind made up before the murder then for what reason? Whatever it was didn't prevent him from going the first time so what changed if it wasn't that?

Maybe he went and didn't feel right about it and doesn't want to go through it again...maybe he went and hated leaving Brie and the dumbass name kid of his (the name is dumb, I assume the child is great). Maybe he went...noticed the slight backlash the first time and got educated more on what SA is all about...

There's a variety of possible reasons.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Maybe after the first time he went he was like, Im never doing this again. Kind of an eye opener?

I went to an Applebee's many moons ago one time, still have never been back.

Reactions: sabremike

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
just more on Daniel Bryan, on the first trip he reportedly knew very little about Saudi Arabia until he got there and was extremely uncomfortable knowing of their treatment of homosexuals and knowing the reason Sami Zayn couldn't attend the show.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
just more on Daniel Bryan, on the first trip he reportedly knew very little about Saudi Arabia until he got there and was extremely uncomfortable knowing of their treatment of homosexuals and knowing the reason Sami Zayn couldn't attend the show.

Ignorance of them seems reasonable. I just wish he took the time to bone up on that prior to the first trip especially know Sami couldn't go.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

did Randy say this or Heath Slater?

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
It obviously seems like a touchy subject, and I don't want to get political about it... but does anyone else not really care?

I can kind of understand why some people don't want to go, but I'm here for the entertainment of the event. I'm kinda glad they're going. I want to watch a PPV, be entertained by the WWE and some of these matches might bring some story to the story line. I legitimately don't care about the politics involved or what happened in references to where the show is being held. I want to be entertained. That's their job, to entertain the audience. I realize it's basically a bought show, and house show to a high degree, but there are certain things that will impact the story moving forward. That's what I'm interested in.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, I've said my piece before on SA and gotten reprimanded for it, so I've tried to mostly stay out of that discussion this time around.

I don't care much for this show personally, the card isn't very good.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It obviously seems like a touchy subject, and I don't want to get political about it... but does anyone else not really care?

I can kind of understand why some people don't want to go, but I'm here for the entertainment of the event. I'm kinda glad they're going. I want to watch a PPV, be entertained by the WWE and some of these matches might bring some story to the story line. I legitimately don't care about the politics involved or what happened in references to where the show is being held. I want to be entertained. That's their job, to entertain the audience. I realize it's basically a bought show, and house show to a high degree, but there are certain things that will impact the story moving forward. That's what I'm interested in.

I’m kinda the opposite. Nothing bothers me more than people who say they dont care or don’t follow politics. I have a friend like that who isn’t even registered to vote and I call him out on it all the time.

That being said it does remind me of one of my favorite futurama moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->