Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I watched a video of the Undisputed Era's entrance and it wasn't quite accurate (comments were more savage). The crowd noises seemed lackluster as well.

The commentary and crowd was brutal last year. It’s basically a game IMO that’s fun to pickup and play with friends or play a couple matches but it has zero replay ability. Universe is broken and boring and my career was just bad.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
They’ve also released basically no news about the gameplay and game modes. I’m not buying it this year unless the user reviews say it’s one of the best games ever. 2k has really stunk it up with this series lately.

Showcase is back with Daniel Bryan. It will be presented as a mini documentary like the wwe24.

There’s some ric flair thing vs his best rivals. I don’t know if it’s with the wooo version thing only. But the list is great if you like old school.

Besides that it’s always been the same game. No replay value either and it sucks to play with friends cuz it’s a reverse festival.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Showcase is back with Daniel Bryan. It will be presented as a mini documentary like the wwe24.

There’s some ric flair thing vs his best rivals. I don’t know if it’s with the wooo version thing only. But the list is great if you like old school.

Besides that it’s always been the same game. No replay value either and it sucks to play with friends cuz it’s a reverse festival.

I played the previous versions when they were available to play for a weekend on Xbox Live and I absolutely hated the reversal mechanic in the game because it seemed completely random and the CPU always seemed to have a clear edge, despite meddling with the slider

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
You get used. It’s precise but eventually nobody hits you with anything. It’s been the same for years...
That’s why they added the stamina a few years back where you can’t do reverse if low.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Yeah I saw the showcase it really doesn’t interest me because you know there won’t be CM Punk involved. I’d much rather see a legend showcase.

Anyway, all I ever really wanted was some type of universe or GM or career mode that has a cool storyline. Something like wwe2k with a telltale series choose your own adventure type storyline.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
2K19 would have sold so many copies if they put GM Mode in.

Daniel Bryan showcase mode will be cool.

However with Madden just coming out, NHL just coming out, Battlefield, Red Dead 2, etc, I don't think I'll be buying WWE 2K until the new year if I do at all.

Reactions: Hypernova

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Would be cool if they did something like NCAA Football used to do. They had a list of the greatest moments in College Football and you got to replay the moment and do it in a better time or better score than the actual moment. They were hard because you had to beat the time in most cases and it had a lot of replay value because you kept trying to beat the time/score. It would be really fun if they did something like that with Ric Flair's career where you had to beat Steamboat at the Chi-Town Rumble or eliminate more wrestlers than Flair actually did at the 1992 Rumble.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
2K19 would have sold so many copies if they put GM Mode in.

Daniel Bryan showcase mode will be cool.

However with Madden just coming out, NHL just coming out, Battlefield, Red Dead 2, etc, I don't think I'll be buying WWE 2K until the new year if I do at all.

There's some rumors they might be removing universe mode completely this year. It's pretty unsubstantiated though. The complete lack of gameplay videos, and the pictures all being shown under certain lighting, along with some entrances being highly cut and edited gives me a feeling that this game is going to be absolute shit this year.

It reminds me of wwe2k18 promotion for the Switch, there was none, and the game was completely broken.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's some rumors they might be removing universe mode completely this year. It's pretty unsubstantiated though. The complete lack of gameplay videos, and the pictures all being shown under certain lighting, along with some entrances being highly cut and edited gives me a feeling that this game is going to be absolute **** this year.

It reminds me of wwe2k18 promotion for the Switch, there was none, and the game was completely broken.

Wtf would the game even be then?

MyCareer, and Showcase? The showcase I would play, but I can hardly get through 2 months of the career without being bored because there's no actually story to it.

Like, Universe Mode is pretty awful, but I still enjoyed simming through and seeing how things progress and playing different PPV's and what not.

If it is out, I won't be purchasing at all.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Wtf would the game even be then?

MyCareer, and Showcase? The showcase I would play, but I can hardly get through 2 months of the career without being bored because there's no actually story to it.

Like, Universe Mode is pretty awful, but I still enjoyed simming through and seeing how things progress and playing different PPV's and what not.

If it is out, I won't be purchasing at all.

Yeah its pretty unsubstantiated so I doubt that's the case. I just have a bad feeling this game is gonna be even worse this year I hope I am wrong.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Universe mode is good actually the less you play it and you completely ignore tag teams

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Universe mode is good actually the less you play it and you completely ignore tag teams

Doesn't that just make universe mode crappy though?

A mode is pretty bad IMO when playing exhibition matches gives you a better universe mode than the actual mode, you can actually do more in that. And the whole goal system in universe mode...none of it works. No tourneys, no dual championship matches, the cut scenes are also non-existent and you can't assign or use managers properly...its just so bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Doesn't that just make universe mode crappy though?

A mode is pretty bad IMO when playing exhibition matches gives you a better universe mode than the actual mode, you can actually do more in that. And the whole goal system in universe mode...none of it works. No tourneys, no dual championship matches, the cut scenes are also non-existent and you can't assign or use managers properly...its just so bad.

You can’t use managers hardly at all, and it’s difficult to play as a manager. You can’t do any feuds with tag teams other than just the matches.

In Royal Rumble mode, you can’t set an order either. When I was doing it in universal mode I had Cena (which was a random pick because you can’t pick who you want before they come out) and the final few had like Sin Cara, Tyler Breeze, like Konnor and a couple other jobbers and since Cena came out at 24 I’m really busting my ass to make sure he wins.

Never made it to Wrestlemania though I’m like 2 weeks out.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->