Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
205 Live is moving to before NXT on Wednesdays
Hopefully this means they'll be taped before Smackdown and not after. The showing they had in Detroit looked really bad, I don't think there was 2,000 people in the building.

Which means they didn't stay for the dark match main event, which that week was Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Carmella, and not AJ or Danielson.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Brock Lesnar is getting a 7 figure payday to work the next Saudi Arabia event.

- Charlotte was supposed to be booked to "slowly turn face" during the title match last night and Becky's big "heel" move was going to be blowing off Charlotte's handshake. The idea was for Becky to use heel moves to really cement it during the match, too, so Charlotte could be the face. That obviously didn't work.

reading this last one about Charlotte is the f***ing infuriating bullshit that made me stop watching. "Oh, we listen to the fans" no you f***ing don't, f*** off you walking PR propaganda machines.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- A judge dismissed all lawsuits against the WWE in the concussion lawsuits brought against the company by various former performers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This is the same company that thought bringing Ambrose and Rollins back to shield (lol) Roman Reigns, would make the fans hate him less.

Wrong again.

Seems like it's just one SNAFU after another, with that writing team. Either they don't listen, or they refuse to listen, to a rabid fanbase that keeps filling seats at these arenas.

It's all the more frustrating to anyone watching, to hear Cole and the other announces just boasting about whatever it is Vince tells them to say, to try and sway the viewer. Hasn't worked in the past, won't work now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Becky didn't do anything heelish. The only thing even close was working over the arm. But then she won clean in the middle of the ring.

If they want Becky to get heat, she should come out and destroy Lana or something. Everyone likes Lana. Probably not as much as Becky though.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
- Brock Lesnar is getting a 7 figure payday to work the next Saudi Arabia event.

- Charlotte was supposed to be booked to "slowly turn face" during the title match last night and Becky's big "heel" move was going to be blowing off Charlotte's handshake. The idea was for Becky to use heel moves to really cement it during the match, too, so Charlotte could be the face. That obviously didn't work.

reading this last one about Charlotte is the ****ing infuriating bull**** that made me stop watching. "Oh, we listen to the fans" no you ****ing don't, **** off you walking PR propaganda machines.

LOL, if Becky slapped the disarmher on after the attempted handshake the crowd would have gone nuts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nothing will change until one of either two things happens:

1) A legitimate alternative to WWE appears consistently

2) Fans stop attending shows, watching on television, buying merchandise, cancel the network, etc.

Since I don't see either of those things happening any time soon, nothing is going to change.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is impossible to turn Becky heel right now. Especially against Charlotte.

They want Charlotte to be strong and a face for Ronda so badly, but Becky is the one who is white hot.

I would have marked if she locked the disarmed on her after a botched hand shake. Take her arm, Bex!!!

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I do agree... the company is petty as hell.

That said, never liked Batista and always thought he was pretty ****ty to be honest. Just another big guy, jacked out of his mind getting a push. Don't think he was remotely good at all.

His Hollywood character was absolutely epic

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would have marked if she locked the disarmed on her after a botched hand shake. Take her arm, Bex!!!

That's probably why they didn't do it. Becky beating up Charlotte at Summerslam got the biggest pop on the show

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It is impossible to turn Becky heel right now. Especially against Charlotte.

They want Charlotte to be strong and a face for Ronda so badly, but Becky is the one who is white hot.

Charlotte is essentially the female Roman Reigns and creative is so dumb they think they can use her as the "face" against a heel Becky, who realistically, has been the most consistently over women since they all got called up.

It's incredibly dumb they think they can do it. It's like if they tried to make Roman the face to a Rollins heel move right now. Not gonna go over. They're only making people dislike Charlotte even more.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Charlotte is essentially the female Roman Reigns and creative is so dumb they think they can use her as the "face" against a heel Becky, who realistically, has been the most consistently over women since they all got called up.

It's incredibly dumb they think they can do it. It's like if they tried to make Roman the face to a Rollins heel move right now. Not gonna go over. They're only making people dislike Charlotte even more.

Vince McMahon is the same guy who thought Diesel was the babyface and Shawn the heel back in 95.

He has his type and he sticks to it... unless there is a steroid scandal that forces him to flip the script.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Vince McMahon is the same guy who thought Diesel was the babyface and Shawn the heel back in 95.

He has his type and he sticks to it... unless there is a steroid scandal that forces him to flip the script.

That's why I find it so frustrating, though, that he continues to push Reigns.

Braun is bigger and stronger, yet constantly gets held back. I mean, yes he's in the main event picture but it's clear they don't want to put a belt on him if it means hurting Roman Reigns. :help:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Bliss is injured , she will be replaced by Amber Moon in the mixed match challenge. (to team with Braun)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why would they put a face with Braun?

How long is Alexa out?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't know much about those mixed-tag challenges but I didn't think they followed kayfabe.

Asuka paired with Miz, Bayley paired with Elias, Carmella and Big E, Natalya and Kevin Owens.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Why would they put a face with Braun?

How long is Alexa out?

thats all they said:

Despite appearing on Monday Night Raw last night, Alexa Bliss woke up this morning and sought medical attention complaining about numbness in her left arm. Now as a reminder, Alexa had a match against the Raw Women’s champion Ronda Rousey this past Sunday night at WWE Hell in a Cell where Alexa tapped to the champion’s arm bar. We can officially announce at this time that Alexa Bliss has not been medically cleared to compete at the WWE live events this weekend or in tonight’s WWE Mixed Match Challenge.

doesnt sound serious. might just be selling Ronda's armbar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're not selling an injury, they would've done that last night. She's legit hurt

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hopefully no nerve damage, but there's the next angle in their feud I guess. Ronda's too dangerous in the ring, think of the safety of everyone else, oh won't somebody please think of the children, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->