Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
"Well, my sisters hot. I don't know if I really would have minded that.

giphy.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- NJPW are interested in signing Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and Shinsuke Nakamura. However Nakamura and Anderson are likely to resign with the WWE as they moved to the USA when they signed and both have stated they don't have any intentions of leaving the USA again. Meltzer mentioned however that there is some talk of Gallows potentially looking to go back however.

Ultimatley, it's extremely likely that all 3 stay, but it would be interesting to see how Anderson would be used if Gallows left.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Shawn Michaels and Brock Lesnar are being paid the most for the Crown Jewel Event, making 3M each for the event. The Undertaker is next at 2M.

I don’t think there’s anyone who would turn down the one event payday the WWE can offer when doing these Saudi events.

Reactions: ColePens

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we can only hope the product changes.
i dont want injuries, but lets have a fight please.. like we know they can.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer reported an analyst finding that Crown Jewel is only going to get WWE $2-3million for the show, which makes it seem odd as to why they’d take this much heat doing the show for that amount of money.

It was estimated that if they cancelled the deal, it would cost $12-to-$16-million in operating income in 2019.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meltzer reported an analyst finding that Crown Jewel is only going to get WWE $2-3million for the show, which makes it seem odd as to why they’d take this much heat doing the show for that amount of money.

It was estimated that if they cancelled the deal, it would cost $12-to-$16-million in operating income in 2019.

That doesn't match up with what Meltzer said was on the financial statement (public traded company means it's available) where they had to disclose 45m although details of the full deal were not given.

Something isn't adding up there. Maybe they mean they are only getting 2-3 for this one in addition to the contractual agreement of the 45m/yr.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
- NJPW are interested in signing Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and Shinsuke Nakamura. However Nakamura and Anderson are likely to resign with the WWE as they moved to the USA when they signed and both have stated they don't have any intentions of leaving the USA again. Meltzer mentioned however that there is some talk of Gallows potentially looking to go back however.

Ultimatley, it's extremely likely that all 3 stay, but it would be interesting to see how Anderson would be used if Gallows left.

Might as well photoshop Finn Balor's "Happy to have a job" smile on their faces.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
One of Charlotte's ex-husbands alleges there is police dashcam footage of her making racist comments towards the African American community.

From pages 3 and 4 of the lawsuit:
Multiple false allegations of physical and/or psychological abuse perpetrated by the Plaintiff on Defendant #1 and Defendant #2. Notably, alleged criminal misconduct by the Plaintiff that is unsupported by any official records, medical reports or any other supporting documentation. Moreover, such misconduct being attributed to the Plaintiff that is, in fact, contradicted by official police reports and police dash cam video footage depicting Defendant #1 being the "out-of-control" aggressor in a physical and verbal tirade which was directed at the responding officers as well as her disparging and racist comments being directed at the Afro-American community in Chapel Hill, NC.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That doesn't match up with what Meltzer said was on the financial statement (public traded company means it's available) where they had to disclose 45m although details of the full deal were not given.

Something isn't adding up there. Maybe they mean they are only getting 2-3 for this one in addition to the contractual agreement of the 45m/yr.

I don’t think anyone knows the financial influx until January. It’s been kept confidential from stock holder calls I believe, which was part of the agreement with KSA.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They’re doing business with the wrong promotion then
They pretty much want NJPW but with the name value of WWE.

Hopefully that means we get an NXT version of Smackdown with the new deal, though, and Triple H has more control of that and Vince can dick around with the comedy on Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad