Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
New month, New thread!

• The general feeling on Shawn Michaels seems to be that if he comes back for a tag team match at the next Saudi Arabia show as has been rumored, he’ll likely work another match later.
  • WrestleVotes indicates they have sources who haven’t shot down Pentagon coming to WWE. There are also other images floating around that seem to indicate he’s signing with NXT for a singles run.
  • Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Brock Lesnar still hasn’t signed to fight Daniel Cormier as of right now but he’s training to get ready for it.
  • Velveteen Dream working the EVOLVE shows this weekend was his idea, says the Observer.
  • Marty Scurll told Sean Mooney on his Prime Time podcast that he didn’t go over his time limit in his match with Okada as originally reported but that he was told by Nick Jackson not to cut anything from their match.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I was reading a "How To Book WrestleMania 35 with no Part-Timers" thing on LordsofPain, and one of the matches is Sanity vs Wyatt Family (with Nikki Corss). Thought it was a neat idea. Here's kinda how I would book it

Later on in the year or maybe even the first shows of 2019, have a trade, where Bray Wyatt goes to SmackDown and Jeff Hardy goes to RAW. (the LOP article also has Broken Hardy's vs American Alpha for the Raw titles, so it could lead into that if Matt has one more brief run in him)

A gimmick-tweaked Bray Wyatt reforms the Wyatt Family, allowing Harper & Rowan to ditch the caveman gimmick.

Wyatt, Harper & Rowan battle with Young, Dain & Wolfe heading into WrestleMania. At WrestleMania, the match sorta loses control, ref is down, etc, Wyatt grabs a mic, and tells Young it is time to meet Sister Abigail. Arena goes dark, and when the lights go up, Nikki Cross is in the ring, and nails the Sister Abigail on Young, with Wyatt sliding in to make the pin.

From there you can either keep Cross with the Wyatt Family, or go into the story of why Cross didn't join Sanity on SmackDown, and Bray saved her, and showed her she was Abigail etc, and she can maybe cross back over to join Sanity to end the feud/story type of deal.

The article; Type's Fingertip Feelings: Booking Wrestlemania 35 with no part timers

Their top 5 matches on the card btw; (They considered Rousey a part-timer btw)

1. Main Event: Roman Reigns(c) vs Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins - Dean Ambrose winning
2. Sasha/Bayley vs IIconics for the new Women Tag Titles - IIconics win, one of Sasha/Bayley turn heel on the other to finally kill that sorta "team". I'd personally have Sasha destroy Bayley, so she can be kayfabe injured for a couple months, and get a bit of a gimmick refresher as well, and when she comes back they can finally do the Sasha/Bayley feud properly, ideally so the blow off can be done at SummerSlam.
3. Daniel Bryan vs The Miz(c) - Daniel Bryan beats Miz to complete his storybook return
4. Charlotte(c) vs Becky vs Asuka - Asuka makes Flair tap to win
5. Joe vs Braun - Interpromotional match. They have it booked to end in a double count out, essentially being two monsters destroying each other, possibly setting up a rematch after a post-mania shakeup

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
There's literally no chance Pentagon can succeed in the WWE. They don't have the capabilities or even the willingness to have that character succeed.

Would tear up NXT though

Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE just wants these guys so no one else can have them. They don’t care about them succeeding or not.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
You lose points in the pool because you didn't call it the Virgo thread, In other news, Becky Lynch is about to blow up. with the backing she has right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
if I were booking WM / what I'm kind of thinking will happen (I have no idea what to do with so many guys but I don't really care either and have no idea what the plans are for certain guys):

-- Reigns (c) vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins (Universal Title)
-- Miz (c) vs. Bryan (WWE Title)
-- Joe vs. Cena
-- Becky (c) vs. Asuka (SD Women's Title)
-- Ronda (c) vs. Charlotte (Raw Women's Title)
-- Styles vs. Orton OR Michaels (if he comes out of retirement for WM)
-- Sasha/Bayley vs. another team (Women's Tag Titles)
-- New Day (c) vs. Usos vs. Bar (SD Tag Titles; Ladder match)
-- Wyatt Family vs. SAniTy (SD vs. Raw 6-man tag) OR Bray Wyatt vs. Triple H
-- Nakamura (c) vs. Hardy vs. Almas (U.S. Title)
-- Balor (c) vs. McIntyre (IC Title)

I wish I could put a Raw tag title match on there but honestly, I don't even know what tag teams are on Raw at this point except B-Team and Ziggler/McIntyre, the latter of which I obviously don't think will be together by then, but for McIntyre's sake it might be better for him to stay part of a team.

some backstories for the ones I care about:

- Shield triple threat is self explanatory. I'd have Ambrose be the clear heel in this one though.

- Miz/Bryan for the title. Bryan wins the Rumble to get the title match. I didn't know how to get the title on Miz, cause I think Joe takes the title off Styles whenever their next match is. So I figure Joe drops the title in the elimination chamber to allow Miz to get it and get that Miz/Bryan pay off.

- that above, leads me to Joe/Cena. Cena eliminates Joe in the chamber, Joe kills him, Joe wins at WM.

- Asuka is the heel to Becky's anti-hero babyface here.

- Charlotte wins the Rumble and moves to Raw to try and stop an undefeated Ronda. Maybe a submission match.

- Styles/Orton seems inevitable at some point, but if Michaels is actually coming out of retirement and can go for WM, I don't know how you don't do this here. Maybe Michaels coming out and saying Styles reminds him a lot of himself, but HBK is the GOAT and Styles will always be #2 behind HBK or something. I'd build HBK as the heel in this one, although I'm not too sure if it would work.

- Wyatt/SAniTY is explained well above for what I read. If Rowan can't go, though, I'd do Triple H vs. Bray Wyatt here.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm all for it. I feel Renee needs a lot of work, but Coachman was horrible and had badly regressed since his last run.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going to be all about the money. They wouldn’t go to NXT, so they could do a short run and see how it goes if they wanted to.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We also don't know the status' of AJ Styles and Nakamura. They both expire January 1.

Styles has hinted before at retiring in a couple of years, so maybe he signs a 2 or 3 year deal with the WWE and then retires, or maybe he leaves on January 1, has a final run with ROH, or NJPW and then retires.

Nakamura already said a few weeks back that moving to the US was a long-term thing, so I expect him to stay around, though with NJPW imminent US expansion coming, maybe he leaves and plays a role in that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

If you take all the capitalized letters, it spells "KILL THEM ALL"

Wyatt also took WWE's Top 10 Factions list, which The Wyatt Family was left off, and said he was going away to find himself, but when he returns, to remember things like this, as to why he does the things he does.

I'm kinda excited. If it's like a Killer Bray type character

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->