Monthly News Thread (November 2018)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
This is actually probably exactly what Vince wanted. Put the title on Brock knowing Cormier is gonna win and just let it sort itself out.
For sure.

Bork is going to get embarrassed by Cormier. If this leads to bringing back the old World Heavyweight Championship and getting rid of this ugly red belt, I'm all for it.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Cormier is going to destroy Lesnar. I can’t wait.

I wouldn't be so sure. Their wrestling games negate each other so they will likely have to stand for a while to begin with at least. Cormier doesn't have great stand up and neither does Brock, but if Lesnar touches him with those lunchboxes DC is going down. Brock is more athletic than DC plus Cormier just stated he threw his back out sneezing while Brock is bumping in the ring still. Fight will be a lot closer than people think in my opinion.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For sure.

Bork is going to get embarrassed by Cormier. If this leads to bringing back the old World Heavyweight Championship and getting rid of this ugly red belt, I'm all for it.

I doubt the big Gold Belt will ever come back.

It 100% should, but it won't

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I wouldn't be so sure. Their wrestling games negate each other so they will likely have to stand for a while to begin with at least. Cormier doesn't have great stand up and neither does Brock, but if Lesnar touches him with those lunchboxes DC is going down. Brock is more athletic than DC plus Cormier just stated he threw his back out sneezing while Brock is bumping in the ring still. Fight will be a lot closer than people think in my opinion.

IDK, Brock has slowed down a lot. I'm not sure how much of an athletic edge he has at this point over DC.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Might want to watch Cormier vs Miocic. Cormier at full time heavyweight can knock anybody out now. He was always keeping his weight down to do lightheavyweight stuff which hurt his power. Now that he's not worrying about that his power is showing. If Velasquez can knock Brock down and finish him on the ground Cormier will do worse to him.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's really not like that at all. Cormier knocked out Miocic in the first round. He's not the one dimensional fighter you're making him out to be, and despite the size difference, he's still going to be like a bear on Lesnar and wrestle him down to the mat and get Lesnar's back.

Cormier is legitimately one of the GOATs and his only losses were tainted losses to a juiced Jon Jones. Lesnar is a freak athlete, but he's not one of the GOAT MMA fighters. Cormier's got it in the bag quite easily imo.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
as for some news, apparently the original plan for Survivor Series wasn't SD vs. Raw themed at first because Vince didn't want to do Reigns vs. Styles at the show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not sure if it was posted in the old thread, but Dave said that Vince never had any intentions of cancelling Crown Jewel.

The only thing that would have stopped him is the government telling him they can’t do it, and even then he wanted assurances he could just reschedule it for a later date when the drama cooled down.

Reactions: Sens

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I've been so soured on Lesnar and his last couple of years of mostly mailing it in that I'd actually pay to see someone beat the piss out of him IRL. Really hope that match happens and Cormier fulfills my wish.

I doubt the big Gold Belt will ever come back.

It 100% should, but it won't
The Big Gold belt is an homage to a non-WWF/E entity and Vince wants all things related to those entities to be dead and buried (but available to watch on the WWE Network for only $9.99!)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
DC will smash Lesnar barring a solid punch from Lesnar. Lesnar has dumb power, but Cormier is better at everything else.

The Bellas were the last of the divas, hardly the start of the Womens evolution.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm honestly dropping $300 on Cormier. I think he smashes Brock...

DC has incredible cardio, and can work a damn good pace the entire fight. He's a better MMA wrestler than Lesnar, too. Not to mention a better striker and submission fighter. The only way I see Lesnar winning is if he connects with a right hand. That's literally the only way.

Lesnar also doesn't throw kicks or punches that you can't see coming a mile away. They're incredibly telegraphed.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I'm honestly dropping $300 on Cormier. I think he smashes Brock...

DC has incredible cardio, and can work a damn good pace the entire fight. He's a better MMA wrestler than Lesnar, too. Not to mention a better striker and submission fighter. The only way I see Lesnar winning is if he connects with a right hand. That's literally the only way.

Lesnar also doesn't throw kicks or punches that you can't see coming a mile away. They're incredibly telegraphed.

Just wait until you see the size disparity between the two when/if they face off. DC was having trouble keeping Derrick Lewis down and Lesnar is a lot better than the Black Beast. Lewis was getting up at will every time Cormier took him down and Lesnar is a lot stronger than Lewis plus he has actual takedown defence.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just wait until you see the size disparity between the two when/if they face off. DC was having trouble keeping Derrick Lewis down and Lesnar is a lot better than the Black Beast. Lewis was getting up at will every time Cormier took him down and Lesnar is a lot stronger than Lewis plus he has actual takedown defence.
Lesnar also goes into a shell when you clock him. I understand the size difference but Cormier is just flat out better. He's active, he's more technically sound and dare I say... Clean.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Lesnar also goes into a shell when you clock him. I understand the size difference but Cormier is just flat out better. He's active, he's more technically sound and dare I say... Clean.

All things being equal there is no doubt Cormier is the better fighter, thing is that all things won't be equal. Cormier clocked in at 251 pounds and is 5''9 1/2. Lesnar cuts down to 265 from i'm assuming close to 300 pounds and is 6''3. So Lesnar is coming in around 50 pounds heavier on fight night and 5''1/2 inches taller. That's a HUGE difference. Not to mention his reach is 81'' and Cormier's is only 72'' on a good day. Lesnar is a way more of a freak athlete than Cormier on top of all that too. Not saying Lesnar will win, but I wouldn't count it out.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
All things being equal there is no doubt Cormier is the better fighter, thing is that all things won't be equal. Cormier clocked in at 251 pounds and is 5''9 1/2. Lesnar cuts down to 265 from i'm assuming close to 300 pounds and is 6''3. So Lesnar is coming in around 50 pounds heavier on fight night and 5''1/2 inches taller. That's a HUGE difference. Not to mention his reach is 81'' and Cormier's is only 72'' on a good day. Lesnar is a way more of a freak athlete than Cormier on top of all that too. Not saying Lesnar will win, but I wouldn't count it out.
I understand that, I do. I know there's going to be size, but the layoff from Lesnar and the fact that he's fighting arguably the best HW in history is definitely going against him here. Cormier has dealt with bigger guys his whole career at HW pretty much. Barnett, Silva, Palelei, Nelson, Mir etc. Obviously they aren't as freakish as Lesnar, but all fairly big guys.

I just think DC has far more tools in the tool box than Brock. I think Brock is a damn solid fighter but Cormier is on another planet, and is IMO a top 3 fighter in the history of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad