Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm not sure if I'm surprised by WWE putting the title on Ronda this early. I kinda figured they would have her just work reguar matches, maybe a tag match teaming with Natalya at MITB, Natty turns on her, and she kills her at SummerSlam, Elimination Match at Survivor Series, win the Women's Rumble, and then eventually win the Women's Championship at WrestleMania.

She is going to hold onto the RAW Women's Championship for so long though

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This sounds like sheer panic as the Woman's evolutions seems to be outright stalling and overall the WWE is struggling with sliding ratings and just put on a PPV that was universally panned and had fans heading to the entrance early.

I also think that after Nia got the boo'd doing her post match, be different, Bullies pay speech that they have a problem. Shes' a terrible worker, she blows up too easily, she's not interesting and her mic work is atrocious.

They killed off the only interesting challenger in Asuka, they killed her deader then this corpse of a dead squirrel in my driveway. Charlotte is pretty beat up, Bayley and Sasha have pretty much lost all of their heat.

Are we headed back to gravy matches and lingerie matches?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
To me this sounds like WWE wanting Ronda to look unstoppable by destroying Nia very quickly for the title.

It wouldn't mean much if Ronda beat the holy hell out of 5 foot nothing Alexa. It'll at least mean something if she dominates gigantic Nia both for the title and then in a likely rematch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This sounds like sheer panic as the Woman's evolutions seems to be outright stalling and overall the WWE is struggling with sliding ratings and just put on a PPV that was universally panned and had fans heading to the entrance early.

I also think that after Nia got the boo'd doing her post match, be different, Bullies pay speech that they have a problem. Shes' a terrible worker, she blows up too easily, she's not interesting and her mic work is atrocious.

They killed off the only interesting challenger in Asuka, they killed her deader then this corpse of a dead squirrel in my driveway. Charlotte is pretty beat up, Bayley and Sasha have pretty much lost all of their heat.

Are we headed back to gravy matches and lingerie matches?

Nia is just a transitional champion. She will lose to Ronda. She will turn heel. She will lose again. Ronda will join Brock being off TV with their titles and then Seth Rollins can main event the show with Roman Reigns because they can't not have Reigns in the main event. lol

As for Asuka, Asuka can be rebuilt in a heartbeat and they will never go back to gravy and lingerie matches.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Easy to have done it would have had Alexa take the belt off of Nia again and have Ronda absolutely pound her into the dirt. Book Ronda to be the monster (legit background too) that Nia was supposed to be. The slimy heel finally gets hers big time. Sadly her shoulder exploded so...

Ronda vis Nia has the potential to be the ugliest women's match in ages. One has the major potential, but is clearly still very new in the business. Yeah, she was great at mania but she was surrounded with competent workers that helped pace the match with Angle and Triple H. To put her in the ring with a trash can like Nia Snacks? Gonna make that poor girl look like absolute garbage after a debut far better than anyone could have hoped for.

Alexa isn't exactly great in ring either, but she's sure as hell better than Nia.

Oct 18, 2011
Nia Jax challenged Ronda Rousey to a match at MITB during a joint red carpet interview at an NBCUniversal event. It appears Rousey accepted (obviously), and both women said they can remain professional now, but once they get in the ring, all bets are off.

WWE hasn't confirmed the match at all, and neither Ronda, or Jax will be at RAW tonight
I can't think of a worse opponent for Ronda.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No I just want Ronda to beat her up for 3 minutes. 6 seconds is too short.

I'd rather let Ronda beat up someone for a lengthy period of time that could actually make it look good. Like Mickie James would be ideal for that. Nia Jax will not make it look good. With her involved, it's best just to let Ronda tap her out quick and then move on to someone who is better at working like Mickie or Natalya after a turn or whoever that can sell while being easy to throw away for a loss.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Am I the only one who thinks Nia vs Ronda should be a legit match?

Ronda should be like a female Kurt Angle. A legitimate athlete than kick ass. Not a unstoppable force because that puts you in a situation we are in with Brock

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Am I the only one who thinks Nia vs Ronda should be a legit match?

Ronda should be like a female Kurt Angle. A legitimate athlete than kick ass. Not a unstoppable force because that puts you in a situation we are in with Brock

Except Nia can't have a legit match because she's just not a good worker.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ronda shouldn’t go more than 3 or 4 minutes unless it’s agsinst someone who can work, and even then it shouldn’t be long and there’s only a few women where it could.

Probably doing a DQ.

Bayley vs. Sasha is good that they’re calling that off because it was dead.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
When is the TV deal up? That could be a big factor in thrusting the belt on Ronda.

... Or Ronda gets screwed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When is the TV deal up? That could be a big factor in thrusting the belt on Ronda.

I watched the video of Nia challenging Ronda on the red carpet, and Ronda was like "I just got here, there's other deserving women who have been here longer" so I can definitley see the match getting blown up

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I watched the video of Nia challenging Ronda on the red carpet, and Ronda was like "I just got here, there's other deserving women who have been here longer" so I can definitley see the match getting blown up

Natalya actually makes sense to screw here both in storyline and for business reasons. She may not be the biggest name but she's easily the best woman on both brands for Ronda to learn from.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

TV rights are being negotiated in September, I believe. Or I read wrong and there will be a new deal in September or October.

Feel like the better angle would have been Ronda vs. Mickie, then Natalya, and then the title. Save the battles with Bayley and Sasha for around Wrestlemania time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If this match is happening now then whatever they have for Summerslam has to be bigger.

Although John Pollock said that this was only decided at Backlash. Original plan was Ronda vs. Nattie and Ruby vs. Nia Jax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->