Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Seems like both sides just didn't want to communicate with the other.

I do find it interesting that HHH & Punk planned to talk after his wedding. Kinda sounds like the firing was a Vince doing.

That said, I do see Punk back in Wrestling soon. I really do think he gets involved in All In, obviously it depends on how his upcoming UFC fight goes, but if he gets demolished again, I see him doing some sort of angle at All In to set up an in-ring return at All In 2
No, no. If anything, it was Triple H who did that out of spite. Punk had said he and Vince still communicated and would talk at 4am via text. Vince cried when Punk left and asked him when he was coming back the week later.

From all of this, and what we know from the podcast, Punk and HHH planned to talk after the wedding, and then HHH sent termination papers in the mail to Punk on his wedding day. Punk had only told HHH when the exact wedding date was (iirc, Punk implied it was HHH’s doing and that was the last straw).

Considering the history, it makes it far more likely it was a HHH doing and not Vince’s. HHH is likely the cause that severed any ties between Punk and WWE. There’s a reason people always say if Punk ever goes back it’s a Vince doing and the only time he’ll ever be back is while Vince is alive.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No, no. If anything, it was Triple H who did that out of spite. Punk had said he and Vince still communicated and would talk at 4am via text. Vince cried when Punk left and asked him when he was coming back the week later.

From all of this, and what we know from the podcast, Punk and HHH planned to talk after the wedding, and then HHH sent termination papers in the mail to Punk on his wedding day. Punk had only told HHH when the exact wedding date was (iirc, Punk implied it was HHH’s doing and that was the last straw).

Considering the history, it makes it far more likely it was a HHH doing and not Vince’s. HHH is likely the cause that severed any ties between Punk and WWE. There’s a reason people always say if Punk ever goes back it’s a Vince doing and the only time he’ll ever be back is while Vince is alive.

I don't think Punk will ever be back in the WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think Punk will ever be back in the WWE.
After the termination papers on his wedding day, I don’t think so either. But if Vince McMahon is alive, there’ll always be a chance WWE tries to reach out if they get a hint of him having interest.

Triple H and Stephanie will never invite him back with open arms though, and Punk doesn’t want to work for HHH either.

In this case, HHH’s ego couldn’t help itself imo. He burned that final bridge with Punk with those termination papers after telling him they’d talk after his wedding day.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
After the termination papers on his wedding day, I don’t think so either. But if Vince McMahon is alive, there’ll always be a chance WWE tries to reach out if they get a hint of him having interest.

Triple H and Stephanie will never invite him back with open arms though, and Punk doesn’t want to work for HHH either.

In this case, HHH’s ego couldn’t help itself imo. He burned that final bridge with Punk with those termination papers after telling him they’d talk after his wedding day.

Which is odd with HHH, because the guy who runs NXT and 205Live doesn't appear to be the same guy who dealt with Punk then. Which, back then, HHH while he was the COO, didn't really run anything, so it's possible this Punk thing was his ego coming out? His "I'm important" sorta thing?

Since he brought NXT up to what it is, and now he's slowly doing the same with 205 Live (though, I personally don't watch it, it seems those that do have noticed a significant change), it seems like HHH has almost mellowed out a bit?

Who knows though. Closure and Time are two things that can fix things, so perhaps once this trial is over, Punk is seemingly going to get the result he wants, will bring some closure to everything, and in 2 or 3 or 5 years down the line, both sides realize that Punk in the WWE is best for everyone?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
HHH never liked Punk. He definitely seems to have mellowed out but he still seems to have a fragile ego and is intimidated by people who others say are better than him in some way (Jericho, Angle, Punk).

HHH was trying to bury Punk since 2005 and Punk knew and never forgot about it.

HHH will also probably never forget Punk saying what he said on the day he left: “I don’t need to work you at Wrestlemania, you need to work me” or something along those lines like Punk was bigger than working with HHH, and honestly? He’s not wrong - HHH derailed Punk in 2011, and Punk didn’t need to work HHH at WM30. HHH will probably hold resentment for a long time regarding that, and the termination papers on his wedding day was his final “gotcha!”

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I don't think Punk will be back in WWE, but I don't think it's certain either.

As you said, with Vince running the show, it's certainly a possibility, but even when his idiot daughter or doofus son in law take over, I don't think the door would be fully closed either, even if I don't think it would happen.

If it ever did, it better be one of those, literally no one but Vince knows, right from the hotel to the ring sort of things.

Reactions: ColePens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Punk comes back, I would imagine it would be Ring of Honor. I'd say New Japan but I'm skeptical how often he would want to make that trip.

Reactions: ColePens

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly the only thing i see Punk doing with WWE again is the hall of fame.

I can’t see him wrestling in a ring for them again.

Hall of fame is the place WWE is the most willing to swallow old grudges for one night.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't think coming back to WWE is the best thing for him. You look at the independent scene, and it's a very different world from the one Punk left. You see what guys can do, how much they can make, how over they can get. I could see him do a role like what Mysterio is doing where if Punk wanted to come back to WWE for some one-offs, he could. That too, would probably be the best thing for him. He would do just fine making his own schedule and still make time for the other projects he's doing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think Punk is one of the very, very few who wouldn’t be swayed by a boatload of new WWE money. I thought that back when he left and I still think as such.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
ROH ran a TV taping at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Show was great, here are the matches with no spoilers:

Kenny King vs Johnathan Gresham
Sumie Sakai/? Vs ?????
Bully Ray vs Cheeseburger in a no DQ match (this is worth going out of your way to see)
Josh Woods vs Facade
5 team 6 man gauntlet for #1 contender(this was really great)
Matt Taven vs Ultimo Guerrero (great match but you are either going to love or absolutely hate the finish)
Cody vs Titan
Chuckie T vs Jay Lethal (this was great and Chuckie is God)
Briscoes/Martinez vs Hung Bucks (Hangman Paige and the Bucks). (This was totally off the charts).
Show came about 150 shy of a sellout, which probably was due to both a weaker on paper card than you usually see in this market and a gigantic music festival taking place on Randals Island featuring dozens of band I wouldn't go see if they were performing right down the street from me but are somehow wildly popular (seriously the Metro North train was jam packed with 16-21 year old boys and girls).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Following the trial on another site and I couldn't help but notice this.

>Punk confirms that being a member of a tag team The Chick Magnets is where his CM comes from, thus entering into public record that CM stands for "Chick Magnet"

Clearly an elaborate work just to get this little thing into record, obviously.

The only thing Punk did wrong is overexaggerate the size of the actual infection, but medical stuff does tend to make people hysterical (says me, who has been dealing with swollen lymph nodes in my arms for a couple weeks with no clear answer from my doctor)

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, I just miss CM Punk. I was a huge wrestling fan as a kid, then the fandom faded from about 2003-2009, and it's CM Punk that brought me back.

I wish to see him on the independent scene, but I doubt he ever goes back to wrestling. Guy seems to genuinely dislike it now.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think Punk is going to be one of those guys that at some point won't turn down the opportunity to try and be a catalyst for competition to WWE in the states. I don't think the indy scene is ready for that yet but I think it's getting close.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think Punk is going to be one of those guys that at some point won't turn down the opportunity to try and be a catalyst for competition to WWE in the states. I don't think the indy scene is ready for that yet but I think it's getting close.

Which is why I think he appears at All In, to set something up for All In 2.

Reactions: TD Charlie

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cody tweeted saying he's the best in the world.

I want Punk to show up at All In with a gripe about that. :naughty:

Reactions: Fro

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Following the trial on another site and I couldn't help but notice this.

>Punk confirms that being a member of a tag team The Chick Magnets is where his CM comes from, thus entering into public record that CM stands for "Chick Magnet"

Clearly an elaborate work just to get this little thing into record, obviously.

The only thing Punk did wrong is overexaggerate the size of the actual infection, but medical stuff does tend to make people hysterical (says me, who has been dealing with swollen lymph nodes in my arms for a couple weeks with no clear answer from my doctor)

In his defense, the infection was on his ass, so it’s easy to not be able to tell the size of it. Not like it was on his forearm

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Punk's too big for the smaller promotions at this point, no? Any return to wrestling for Punk is a win for Vince anyway for whatever it would lead to. Not a media outlet around would have an article about Punk and his new show that went without mentioning Vince's show....

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Punk's too big for the smaller promotions at this point, no? Any return to wrestling for Punk is a win for Vince anyway for whatever it would lead to. Not a media outlet around would have an article about Punk and his new show that went without mentioning Vince's show....
Punk could go to ROH, NJPW, All In, and no one would bat an eye in regards to “he’s too big for this” because we know how the relationship broke down between WWE and Punk.

WWE made Punk hate something he once loved so much.

Any coverage would say “former WWE superstar and UFC fighter, now wrestling for ____”

Punk would be monumental for NJPW’s North American expansion.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Punk could go to ROH, NJPW, All In, and no one would bat an eye in regards to “he’s too big for this” because we know how the relationship broke down between WWE and Punk.

WWE made Punk hate something he once loved so much.

Any coverage would say “former WWE superstar and UFC fighter, now wrestling for ____”

Punk would be monumental for NJPW’s North American expansion.
I don't mean for us to accept, I mean for him to accept. Next place he wrestles should be headlining WM. He can do the old school thing and show up at a CZW show for the love of the game, but I'm thinking we don't see CM Punk wrestle again unless its because of WM. All he has left to accomplish/prove and risk his health for in this game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What is there to accept? WWE never let him headline.

He could absolutely headline the Tokyo Dome and be fine with it.

There is no potentially bigger story in wrestling then CM Punk returning. It doesn’t matter where he does it. The only story that would rival it was DB returning and that already happened.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
CM Punk had a record title reign and main evented like 2 PPV’s in that time and one of them was losing to the Rock. There is no reason for him to ever think he’ll main event Wrestlemania upon coming back.

Now, Tokyo on the other hand...

I don’t think it could happen until wrestle kingdom 14. But I do expect that if it’s on the table that they would give Punk a blank sheet of paper and tell him to write up whatever contract he wants.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't mean for us to accept, I mean for him to accept. Next place he wrestles should be headlining WM. He can do the old school thing and show up at a CZW show for the love of the game, but I'm thinking we don't see CM Punk wrestle again unless its because of WM. All he has left to accomplish/prove and risk his health for in this game.
CM Punk doesn’t care. He knows they won’t give him the WM main event.

He’s said in the past (jokingly, but still) that if he ever came back it’d be in a bingo hall to work The Bucks.

Going back to WWE wouldn’t be a good thing for him. Instead, getting back into it for the love and passion of it that he used to have would be bette for him where it’s less political on the indies to remind him of why he loved it so much to begin with.

As a fan, it sucks to see one of the GOATs say they lost all their love for wrestling because of WWE — especially someone like Punk.

Reactions: CHGoalie27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad