Monthly News Thread (July 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I listened to it on Post Wrestling, as he was the dude who asked the question. She absolutely was bashing WWE on how they handled it. And the subtle part was a joke about how WWE is awful at doing things subtly.

Agree with your interpretation, BUT I don't think it was an outright NO as much as a 'IF you really want to do it, then you have to do it right and here's how . . . but they ignored me and did this crap instead' answer.

Oct 18, 2011
I listened to it on Post Wrestling, as he was the dude who asked the question. She absolutely was bashing WWE on how they handled it. And the subtle part was a joke about how WWE is awful at doing things subtly.
Thanks for clarifying because without context the comment doesn't make sense!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Dave says to expect a harder, more strict brand split once Smackdown moves to Fox, and that if ratings continue to go down to just expect WWE to throw a ton of names on Smackdown because the Fox ratings are super important.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- It’s said people backstage in AEW aren’t happy with Punk’s interview. They believed they were always up front when talking to him and that when asked, people backstage would say they’ve talked, but Punk is not interested. Apparently, Punk hasn’t responded to the idea of talking more. There’s also a feeling backstage that Punk could be WWE bound, which Cody even tweeted (not a work) even though Punk has repeatedly said he’s done with the wrestling business in general.

- The paid attendance for Wrestlemania was 63,000. WWE claimed over 82,000.

- WWE decided now was the time to hire Heyman and Bischoff in their roles to show stockholders that they were trying to make change in response to declining ratings, as well as also keeping them away from AEW, although AEW reportedly had no interest in either. Heyman did have a talent contract as it is anyways.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I just don't see Punk going back to WWE for anything other than a HoF induction.

... And I half feel like Cody tweeting about him going there is a diversion. I don't expect anything, but if you want to sell that he's not coming to your brand, why not say that.

And the idea that people know it's "Not a work" is bull shit. Again, if Cody wants to keep something a secret, he's going to keep it a secret. The only people who will know are Brandi, Tony, the Bucks, and maybe Omega and Jericho. None of those guys are going to give it up.

Oct 18, 2011
- It’s said people backstage in AEW aren’t happy with Punk’s interview. They believed they were always up front when talking to him and that when asked, people backstage would say they’ve talked, but Punk is not interested. Apparently, Punk hasn’t responded to the idea of talking more. There’s also a feeling backstage that Punk could be WWE bound, which Cody even tweeted (not a work) even though Punk has repeatedly said he’s done with the wrestling business in general.

- The paid attendance for Wrestlemania was 63,000. WWE claimed over 82,000.

- WWE decided now was the time to hire Heyman and Bischoff in their roles to show stockholders that they were trying to make change in response to declining ratings, as well as also keeping them away from AEW, although AEW reportedly had no interest in either. Heyman did have a talent contract as it is anyways.
They botched negotiations with Punk from the start by being so public about it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just don’t buy a dude who’s repeatedly said he’s done with the wrestling business would enter a work like this with AEW lol.

I want him back in WWE for the HOF induction.

I’m fine with him staying away from an in-ring aspect though. I remember Punk fondly in the ring, I don’t want to experience with him what I did with Undertaker.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
theres a code for Toys R Us newsletter that you get 25% off any event summerslam. (raw,sd,nxt)

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Apparently WWE is having major problems selling tickets in Toronto for NXT Takeover

Just checked Gametime and the tickets for Takeover are looking pretty cheap, only $28 USD.

Raw or Smackdown tickets are less than $20.

Summerslam is still over $100 for some reason. Crazy expensive, do not want. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The extension Taker signed with the WWE earlier in the year is for so many years it’s essentially a life time contract, and financially, it was something Taker couldn’t refuse.

Vince gave Taker like a 20 year deal or something like that lmao

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just checked Gametime and the tickets for Takeover are looking pretty cheap, only $28 USD.

Raw or Smackdown tickets are less than $20.

Summerslam is still over $100 for some reason. Crazy expensive, do not want. :laugh:

The fact NXT doesn't sell out in minutes really scares me about the wrestling landscape. It is very strange. It is the absolute best mix of great wrestling and production. And yet it somehow struggles to sell takeovers. Takeovers that have CONSTANTLY been worth every single second and penny.

WWE doesn't sell out arenas. House shows decline... AGAIN. Now we have another player in AEW. So when the initial hype dies down and we are just in our normal week to week with all this content, is it vastly over-saturated?

It's interesting. I just cannot believe NXT constantly has these weird scenarios weeks before the show and it isn't sold out. It's a guaranteed enjoyable night.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
The extension Taker signed with the WWE earlier in the year is for so many years it’s essentially a life time contract, and financially, it was something Taker couldn’t refuse.

Vince gave Taker like a 20 year deal or something like that lmao

cuz hes broke :sarcasm:

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- While Vince made some "minor tweaks" to Raw, it was largely a Paul Heyman show, and the one he had the most influence on since taking over. It was also Paul Heyman who convinced Vince McMahon to end the no wrestling during commercial rule.

- On the other hand, Vince rewrote all of Smackdown on the day of because he felt the original draft didn't have enough continuity from the previous week and build to Summerslam. Eric Bischoff is still getting familiar with the characters, storylines and creative structure in WWE.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I just don’t buy a dude who’s repeatedly said he’s done with the wrestling business would enter a work like this with AEW lol.

I want him back in WWE for the HOF induction.

I’m fine with him staying away from an in-ring aspect though. I remember Punk fondly in the ring, I don’t want to experience with him what I did with Undertaker.

Don't see Punk doing what Undertaker's doing. He's smart with his money.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
- While Vince made some "minor tweaks" to Raw, it was largely a Paul Heyman show, and the one he had the most influence on since taking over. It was also Paul Heyman who convinced Vince McMahon to end the no wrestling during commercial rule.

- On the other hand, Vince rewrote all of Smackdown on the day of because he felt the original draft didn't have enough continuity from the previous week and build to Summerslam. Eric Bischoff is still getting familiar with the characters, storylines and creative structure in WWE.

Vince didn't feel there was continuity with the previous week...

... Welcome to the last 10 years of your f***ing television.

Reactions: Hypernova

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently officials are really high on Riddick Moss and it might lead to him getting a big push on NXT TV.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like Vince is loosening the strings a little on Heyman which is good. Hope he does the same with Bischoff. These guys know what they're doing. Let them work their magic. As we saw with RAW this week things were good, hope Bischoff has more of a say on next week's Smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad