Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The NWA is suspending operations until June. Here's their official statement:

STATEMENT FROM NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE

The National Wrestling Alliance, given the uncertain course of this world health crisis, is suspending normal operations until June as far as any live performances. This includes the upcoming Atlanta, GA events; Crockett Cup PPV on April 19th at the Gateway Center Arena and our NWA Powerrr tapings at GPB Studios on April 20th and 21st. At this time, the Super Powerrr episode scheduled to air on Tuesday March 17th, which promoted these events, will not air in its current form in order to not create confusion in the marketplace. However, we will continue to produce content in the interim, and thank fans in advance for their continued support.

The health and safety of our wrestlers, in-house and NWA staff, and fans are of the utmost importance during the global pandemic of COVID-19. We look forward to seeing you all soon.

For those who have purchased tickets to The Crockett Cup at the Gateway Center, you’ll be receiving a refund from the point of purchase. For the NWA Powerrr at GPB on April 20th and 21st, if you’d like to keep your tickets for a future GPB event please email [email protected] If you do not contact Maureen within 5 days, you’ll be issued a refund on your NWA Powerrr tickets.

Also anyone who has pre-ordered Crockett Cup on Fite.tv will be receiving a refund as well ASAP.

Please stay safe!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The 2 nighter is the only way to do it. And MASSIVE amounts of ads. They should run ads like it's a Raw. Hell even in some matches. I know that's nasty but man... this is a massive punch in the gut to business.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The 2 nighter is the only way to do it. And MASSIVE amounts of ads. They should run ads like it's a Raw. Hell even in some matches. I know that's nasty but man... this is a massive punch in the gut to business.
At least WWE is established enough to survive these times. I'm really worried about AEW especially if the Khans are losing money in the stock market. I'd probably cry if they pulled the plug on it.

Reactions: ColePens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some light at the end of the tunnel: Stardom is going forward with a show on Tuesday

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

First round of the Stardom Cinderella Tournament. Enjoyed this so much I decided to plunk down the $8 to subscribe to their streaming service.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pro Wrestling Sheet reporting that Roman Reigns pulled himself out of the match with Bill Goldberg because of concerns with working in the facility with him comprised health-wise

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Pro Wrestling Sheet reporting that Roman Reigns pulled himself out of the match with Bill Goldberg because of concerns with working in the facility with him comprised health-wise

Good for Reigns to get out of the match and try and stay home. With his health background he should limit his exposure.

Reactions: iamjs

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from pwinsider.com:

Dana Brooke is expected to be pulled from her Wrestlemania 36 match.

Brooke, who had been scheduled for a Six-Way bout as one of the challengers for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship, has been sent home and is currently in quarantine, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported today.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Brooke was not feeling well and was sent home last week. She is still listed on the WWE website listing for the match currently. It is still officially slated to be WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley vs. Brooke vs. Sasha Banks vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina vs. Naomi

It is possible WWE could go with a five way bout or tap someone else (Carmella, Nia Jax, etc.) to replace Brooke in the bout.

WWE will be taping this year's Wrestlemania on Wednesday and Thursday for airing on the WWE Network on 4/5 and 4/6.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Satin got it direct from his de facto employers, but if Roman had come down with the virus and ended up in the hospital rest assured he would call the hospital and pester/harass/threaten the staff to give him updates on his condition.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was confirmed by Dave. He does think there will be others off the card. Braun is the replacement, he was not previously scheduled. Things got into motion after the Miz got sick last week and I guess the Usos made it known they weren’t happy.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Gotta respect any work someone puts in to get out of wrestling Goldberg. I'd be coughing all over the place if I was against Goldberg or Undertaker and risking them dropping me on my head.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Braun/Goldberg is probably the only match they could've made that interests me less than Reigns/Goldberg did.

Reactions: Kaner9

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Nice, it even works in Canada for once.

I watched Fully Loaded '99 and Invasion '01. I attended both of those events but I wanted to see how it looked on TV. Fully Loaded was so good with the first blood match between Taker and Stone Cold.

Last night I watched MITB '11.

I have a list of PPVs that I would like to see to pass the time.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I watched Fully Loaded '99 and Invasion '01. I attended both of those events but I wanted to see how it looked on TV. Fully Loaded was so good with the first blood match between Taker and Stone Cold.

Last night I watched MITB '11.

I have a list of PPVs that I would like to see to pass the time.

I've been ripping through some as well, usually every second night or so. Wrestlemania 18, Royal Rumble 2001, Wrestlemania 15, In Your House: DX, SummerSlam 97, In Your House: Mind Games, Survivor Series 96. I'll probably look into another Royal Rumble tonight. It's a good way to pass 2-3 hours.

Reactions: TNT87

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
An old worker like The Undertaker knows that when tigers become a hot topic in society you've just got to get in on it:

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
WrestleMania 36 "I Wasn't There" Authentic T-Shirt

010F2745B0.jpg

Wrestlemania 36 "In Your House" T-Shirt
855ab3a3e26d1972e2c4c5f33e5ab73amockup-62e4fa51.jpg

Took me a second to get the joke on this one.

Reactions: Kaner9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad