Monthly News Thread (December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Big Cass collapsed in the lobby of an arena where a House of Hardcore show was about to take place. He began to seizure and was taken to hospital via ambulance.

There's no word yet of his status.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So the thing that convinced Vince that Asuka was worth putting in the match was the crowd reaction in that one segment? He was "floored" that fans cared about her?

Has he not been watching anything she's done since she started in NXT? The fans have always been into everything she's done. Even when they booked her to lose to Carmella of all people, the fans were still emotionally invested in her.

Does Vince pay more attention to Total Divas than the actual women's wrestling division?
This is why I don't believe the reports that Vince actually watches NXT. It's impossible for him to be so ignorant to all of the NXT talent called up if he actually knew what the hell was happening there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The issue isn't that Vince knowing whether or not people are good. Triple H had to beg him not to take Asuka from him at the brand split. Maybe he should have, because then Asuka could've gotten Alexa Bliss over instead of Carmella.

The issue is Vince not understanding why or how the people who get over are over. It's not that Asuka was good, is that he can't believe people care about a character who can only barely speak English.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The issue isn't that Vince knowing whether or not people are good. Triple H had to beg him not to take Asuka from him at the brand split. Maybe he should have, because then Asuka could've gotten Alexa Bliss over instead of Carmella.

The issue is Vince not understanding why or how the people who get over are over. It's not that Asuka was good, is that he can't believe people care about a character who can only barely speak English.

It’s the same reason people remember Jinder’s WWE title run more than they do Nakamura’s

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But for a brief second, you thought about it.

Boom.

I definitely did not even think for a second. I thought you were talking about the US title run. And that comes from a guy who doesn't watch Raw at all, fast-forwards through most of SD, and just checks out reviews on youtube after.

Reactions: Disclose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I definitely did not even think for a second. I thought you were talking about the US title run. And that comes from a guy who doesn't watch Raw at all, fast-forwards through most of SD, and just checks out reviews on youtube after.

6Rvg8Q.gif

Reactions: ColePens and SeidoN

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Incase you need to do some gambling... From the Daily Update:

BetOnline has published a series of odds related to AEW:

Jim Ross' role with the company
They will announce a TV deal by 1/31
The promotion will make a public announcement that is in business by 1/31
Who Will Adam Page sign next with?
Who will Cody sign next with?
Who will Kenny Omega sign next with?
Who will The Young Bucks sign next with?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Big Cass collapsed in the lobby of an arena where a House of Hardcore show was about to take place. He began to seizure and was taken to hospital via ambulance.

There's no word yet of his status.
Small update, but no details or anything:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

in a weird way, I really miss E&C as a tag team, even if they aren't speaking to each other in real life anymore.

Enzo was killing the CW division, and Cass was awful as a singles, both were awful as singles tbh, but as a team they hid each others weaknesses well enough and Enzo was oozing charisma. Too bad he caused too many problems backstage.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I watched a YouTube video of the rise/fall of Enzo and Cass.

I miss them as a tag team. It’s crazy to think they never won the titles, given how over they were, especially initially.

Also, while Enzo is a bad singles wrestler, he brought life to that CW division and 205 Live that it desperately needed and he’s part of the reason why 205 is gaining some steam.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I watched a YouTube video of the rise/fall of Enzo and Cass.

I miss them as a tag team. It’s crazy to think they never won the titles, given how over they were, especially initially.

Also, while Enzo is a bad singles wrestler, he brought life to that CW division and 205 Live that it desperately needed and he’s part of the reason why 205 is gaining some steam.

UPcgLTd.gif

When people could still have character on 205.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

in a weird way, I really miss E&C as a tag team, even if they aren't speaking to each other in real life anymore.

Enzo was killing the CW division, and Cass was awful as a singles, both were awful as singles tbh, but as a team they hid each others weaknesses well enough and Enzo was oozing charisma. Too bad he caused too many problems backstage.

Don't you even dare call them that.

Reactions: M.C.G. 31

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Cody Rhodes revealed he passed on an offer from the WWE a few weeks ago, citing that he’s realized there is a market for non-pg wrestling.

So expect All Elite Wrestling to be a non-pg company.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
What I'll be curious is will AEW have relationships with NJPW, ROH and Impact. Will there be a network of indy/second tier promotions sharing talent. A lot of guys have established relationships with certain promotions but will it be a quasi-territory thing with belts going between the promotions and continue to do joint shows like ROH and New Japan do. All-In and the Jericho Cruise were just joint venture shows. If they build a strong network of those promotions, I think the can be the best alternative/opposition to the WWE machine.

As much as I like the guys in the Elite, I don't know if I'd watch a promotion of just them. Kenny still being IWGP champ and being a part of AEW would be fine with me.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
- Cody Rhodes revealed he passed on an offer from the WWE a few weeks ago, citing that he’s realized there is a market for non-pg wrestling.

So expect All Elite Wrestling to be a non-pg company.

I bet Cody is a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad