Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
idk if this is the worst or the best thing ive ever seen

0zZvoII.png
I might have to get one of those.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Chris Jericho confirmed the Styles/Owens Battleground finish was a legitimate botch. The plan was for Jericho to do the one-off and work with only Styles on Smackdown, but because of the botch it turned into a triple-threat and they had to shift the title back to AJ.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently, the WON reported that Network subscriber numbers have actually DECLINED in India since Jinder Mahal won the WWE Title.

It'd be nice if someone who's subscribed could verify if this is in there. It's hilarious if true.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wouldn't surprise me. Indians obviously have a huge population of illiterate/lower intelligence people but as i believe a couple people alluded to, those people aren't the ones going to watch WWE.

The assumingly more wealthy, smarter portion of the population probably see right through Vince's bull**** "this guy is from India i swear" nonsense.

You want market gain? Slap that sucker on Nakamura and watch people in Japan suddenly care more about WWE. Obviously to a smaller degree since NJPW is obviously well entrenched, but you'd probably make more international money doing that rather than India.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think it's the opposite.

The "lower intelligence" ones are the ones who will watch WWE but are too poor to spend money on it. The smarter ones and the ones that actually make money aren't going to be spending that money on WWE.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hard to believe a comedy jobber from Calgary isn't helping grow the number of Network subscriptions in India.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All of the PPV's are shown on TV in India. Anyone who has it might be finding out they don't need it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
- Chris Jericho confirmed the Styles/Owens Battleground finish was a legitimate botch. The plan was for Jericho to do the one-off and work with only Styles on Smackdown, but because of the botch it turned into a triple-threat and they had to shift the title back to AJ.

guess that brings an end to the dumb "they nhad his music queued" argument

such a silly way to explain it. you think the guys in sound dont have both guys music ready just in case

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Whether they're cheering or booing, Reigns draws the most fan reactions of any superstar. Reigns told ESPN he believes this makes him the first superstar who doesn't have be a heel or a babyface."To me, I'm neither," Reigns said about whether he considers himself a babyface or a heel. "If I'm totally off here, then I'm totally off, but I'm the first of my type. I'm the first true gray area guy ... just being what he was born to be."

So on a scale from 1-10...how delusional is this guy?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The real world is not a black and white place but the wrestling world certainly should be.

Reigns is not a tweener. Austin was a tweener, Rock was a tweener. A tweener is a face that isn't above acting heel but there are 2 key elements Reigns lacks to be an actual tweener.

1. The fans don't react like he is a face

2. He cuts heel promos intended to get the fans to boo. Austin or Rock did not do this as tweeners. The would insult other performers, sure, but they never said anything in a promo that would get the crowd to boo them.

At this point it seems a point of pride more than anything. Vince wants to validate Reigns' booking by proving he is the top face Vince thought he was all along. It's just weird to me. They are perfectly ok with Reigns trying to get heat but they will never officially turn him heel. It's just dumb and it does not work.

Take this feud with Strowman. How were we supposed to react? In kayfabe, both men are terrible people. Strowman gets cheered by smart fans because he is whipping Reigns. Reigns gets cheered by the kids because he is the top face but booed by everybody else also because he is the top face.

How am I supposed to care who wins? Neither guy's character is good in this. Take out all of the knowledge of the business and look at the feud through the lens of a mark. There are no stakes. Either way, a terrible person wins the feud. That's just terrible storytelling.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The hell was Austin a tweener. He's was as babyface and you could possibly be. He was different from traditional babyfaces, but still clearly a babyface in everything he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad