Monthly News Thread (August 2017) -- Cena and Lesnar scheduled for Raw's No Mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's not even a finishing maneuver for her is it? Premeditated, malicious, and disrespectful.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If she isn't severely punished (or better yet outright fired) GFW should end it's relationship with AAA immediately. Unless it's an angle, which doesn't seem likely but we are dealing with people who are both crazy and stupid so who knows?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont even know whats up with sexy star.... she was retired... now shes back.... and shes doing that stuff. not cool at all....
if she doesnt wanna be there, she should leave and not take people with her.
edit: yeah... after reading everything. **** this.

I'm so mad Dr Wagner lost his mask to Psycho Clown (who sucks).

come to the indy thread.... we talk lucha :)
show was terrible and main event predictable. but im pissed about this too...

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
at a Q+A, the Hardys said they want to have the first ever Tag Team Hell In A Cell match vs Rollins and Ambrose

(im assuming he means for the titles since there have been Cell Tag matches)

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
That's not even a finishing maneuver for her is it? Premeditated, malicious, and disrespectful.

It is, as is the continued application of the hold after the bell. But that shouldn't escalate into more than theater.

i dont even know whats up with sexy star.... she was retired... now shes back.... and shes doing that stuff. not cool at all....
if she doesnt wanna be there, she should leave and not take people with her.
edit: yeah... after reading everything. **** this.

Her retirement was a mistranslation of Spanish, if I recall.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
But do you really want to see Cornette rant every week on TV? No you don't.

Cornette's gimmick of ranting about completely meaningless stuff has no value at all to an actual TV show. He's just a ball of negative everything that would warp the story to be focused about him, and that isn't fun. It would in fact completely suck. It also sucked when they did it 20 years ago too.

The goal is just to get the old rules into place so that they can be used in matches to tell stories. Hence the dry suit just announcing something like "In order to comply with the new sports commission regulation, the following rules are now in effect:
  • ". And you're done.

• Actually I would like to see that, but then again I subscribe to his podcast, so I'm used to listening to his rants and again, think it'd be perfect more than just some legalistic approach. It'd make him a legit heat magnet with insults to "new school" wrestling over more old school rules.

Enzo's 205 live debut is at over 1 million views on YouTube, which is significantly more than any other 205 live video.

That'll knock some of the heat off

And apparently any heat is right back on. 'zo was at Mayweather-McGregor and Insta'd a lot, including his $10,000 ticket and with multiple celebrities he was rubbing elbows with.

Hey, who won that WWE womens tourney anyway?

Finals haven't taken place yet and won't take place until September 12th.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Actually I would like to see that, but then again I subscribe to his podcast, so I'm used to listening to his rants and again, think it'd be perfect more than just some legalistic approach. It'd make him a legit heat magnet with insults to "new school" wrestling over more old school rules.

And apparently any heat is right back on. 'zo was at Mayweather-McGregor and Insta'd a lot, including his $10,000 ticket and with multiple celebrities he was rubbing elbows with.

Finals haven't taken place yet and won't take place until September 12th.
It's just a heat magnet really isn't interesting or fun. If you really want one you can do it independently of the legal stuff, but the entire point is to get the new rules in place and have stories happen due to them. Not to have a new authority character come in and have stories created by them being a heel on the show.

They are very different things, and one completely overshadows the other so you should go with just the rules to make sure that that is the main point.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Dunno if it's been discussed on here but according to The Observer, Samoa Joe suffered a knee injury at a house show on Saturday and that's why he missed Raw

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so the Womens title scene is Alexa, Nia, Naomi, Natalya and Carmella

Total Divas much? Asuka doesnt stand a chance

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
idk if this is the worst or the best thing ive ever seen

0zZvoII.png