Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Zack Sabre Jr. signed a full-time deal with New Japan. Will be doing less indys which is why he’s dropping titles left and right.
Awesome news!

I suspected he had when he got the New Japan Cup push, that's not something you'll give to a part-time guy. Dropping the belts basically confirmed it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE are going to have another UK tournament and another woman's tournament, both for the Network. Apparently it was announced during the Hall of Fame.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Awesome news!

I suspected he had when he got the New Japan Cup push, that's not something you'll give to a part-time guy. Dropping the belts basically confirmed it.

I'm all for it. His match with Okada was excellent. His style on it's own isn't exciting but it's great when it goes against an opponent with a lot of speed and impactful offense.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
/phoneix police dismiss rape charges against (enzo Amore)
and the girl deletes all social media.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
WWE are going to have another UK tournament and another woman's tournament, both for the Network. Apparently it was announced during the Hall of Fame.

the uk tournament will actually be the king of the ring.
good idea i think.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Del Rio fired by Impact

(noshowed an Impact show last night)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You can't really do anything like that for a continental belt, there's no heraldry of a single country you can take. You could re-design the US title into something in the same vein, there's probably something official with an eagle on it that they can use instead of a flag. You can put that inside the same boarder as the UK title and be good.

Thinking about the belts a bit more, I'd like a North American title to look like the Intercontinental one. Take away the 'heavyweight wrestling champion' bit and make the map a bit bigger. Then for a series of regional belts you just zoom in a bit on the map to the required continent. Keep them all on white leather too. And no flags, 'cos they look really cheap.

Something like the IC belt design would be way better. IC belt is a great looking belt, always has been. Why the rumor they were changing it was met with so much ire.

I don’t know. That belt is just too much of the current tag belts with a boxing feel for my liking. I like gaudy wrestling belts, why I will always have a soft spot for Big Goldie.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alicia Fox was pulled from the women's battle royal because of an altercation last night with Ronda Rousey's husband.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Alicia Fox was pulled from the women's battle royal because of an altercation last night with Ronda Rousey's husband.

Alvarez reported that she isnt even cleared and the argument was a coincidence. who knows I guess

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alicia Fox broke her tailbone while practicing the women's rumble. That's not a 10-week injury.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Rey Mysterio was backstage at WrestleMania. He's expected to return to the company in the near future.

- Kid Rock was absent from WrestleMania because his annual Cruise event leaves tomorrow and he had to depart New Orleans to prepare for the trip and handle any logistics. He was never slated to be at WrestleMania.

- Still no word yet on if the big contract has been signed..... However we should learn tonight if Nicholas is working full time and will defend the titles with Braun

- But seriously, there's still 0 word on if Brock has signed a new contract

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

"The report notes that while details are still scarce, the heated altercation ended with Brock Lesnar throwing his WWE Universal Title either at Vince or at a wall before walking away, with no word as to what set him off, onlt that there was a belief that Brock may have gone off-script a little bit towards the end of his match against Roman Reigns."

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So...

Transfer the title to Roman in front of a bunch of marks who won’t boo him (if they boo him I’ll cry laughing).

Lesnar vs. Lashley in the send off at Summerslam.

I have a feeling it’s just the Summerslam clause.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Make no mistake about it, that crowd in Saudi Arabia is going to be 100% behind Roman Reigns. He is very likely going to get the biggest pop of his career post-Shield at that event. WWE knows what they're doing here. Why have him win at Mania and get booed out of the building when they can have him win in front of a crowd that is 100% behind him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad