Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Anyone else think that AJ could hold the title for a while still and then drop it?

If that does happen I wouldn’t mind it being to the MIZ ( because he’s earned it over the last two years) who could then drop it to Daniel?
I want Joe to take the title off Styles, but I’m not against the idea of Miz eventually taking the title off the babyface champion after a year of ducking Bryan and then Bryan winning the Rumble with nowhere else for Miz to run to as he has to defend the title against Bryan at WM.

Reactions: SeidoN

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I want AJ to hold the title for a very long time and get cockier and cockier. Even saying WWE is minor league to what he is.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I want Joe to take the title off Styles, but I’m not against the idea of Miz eventually taking the title off the babyface champion after a year of ducking Bryan and then Bryan winning the Rumble with nowhere else for Miz to run to as he has to defend the title against Bryan at WM.
I think the Daniel winning the Title of the Miz is the way to go but how does he duck him for a year.

we all know Daniel is winning the rumble so him vs. Miz at wrestlemania would be the best payoff.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think the Daniel winning the Title of the Miz is the way to go but how does he duck him for a year.

we all know Daniel is winning the rumble so him vs. Miz at wrestlemania would be the best payoff.
Big Cass. Another tag team of goons to intercept Bryan. Bryan getting tied up with someone like Nakamura or Joe. It’s doable.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I want AJ to hold the title for a very long time and get cockier and cockier. Even saying WWE is minor league to what he is.
Face Champion AJ apparently consists of him getting walked on by everyone for months and then getting repeatedly hit in the junk. The sooner they move on from this version of Styles, the better.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
got dat 3 months network for 99p offer today. guess they want eyes on the GRR

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass is the type of feud that happens in TEW when you book a show, and then look at the analysis and realize you didn't book either of them, so you just put them in a feud together

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
got dat 3 months network for 99p offer today. guess they want eyes on the GRR
I find this hilarious considering it’s a Friday afternoon. You’d think they would do it in the summer.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I find this hilarious considering it’s a Friday afternoon. You’d think they would do it in the summer.

its worth noting that the email I got is from WWE UK specifically, and since GRR is airing at a watchable time in the UK for once, it makes sense I guess

Im still pissed that theres finally a good UK time PPV and im going away this weekend for the first time in forever lol

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I get their is a ton of money involved, but this whole GRR leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

Me too. Everybody's got a price I guess.

tumblr_p2r2c9gGzs1r7dh6wo1_250.gif

Reactions: McRpro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Me too. Everybody's got a price I guess.

tumblr_p2r2c9gGzs1r7dh6wo1_250.gif

Bit surprised it isn’t talked about more. Not just on here but in general.

I expect shill websites like Cageside to carry Vince’s water, but IDK. I see reddit making comments about it, but no real outrage.

They do deserve to be called on the hypocrisy to doing this male only event while pushing their women’s revolution shut.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Bit surprised it isn’t talked about more. Not just on here but in general.

I expect shill websites like Cageside to carry Vince’s water, but IDK. I see reddit making comments about it, but no real outrage.

They do deserve to be called on the hypocrisy to doing this male only event while pushing their women’s revolution shut.

For sure they do. They probably get off easy with this stuff because the country is considered an "ally" despite horrible human rights violations.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im not worried. in a country like SA, progress needs to be steady for it to be accepted

not a few weeks ago, women were granted the right to drive and to visit sport arenas and cinemas. getting women on the card would be another nice step, but its not THAT big a deal

anyone expecting a middle eastern country to just decide to blow open the doors for women one day is kidding themselves. it would cause more problems than good in the short term

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in the Saudi government had the balls to ask for the women to be “dates” at some dinner for these dirtbags.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Several title changes are expected at the GRR, apparently.

- Dean Ambrose is still rehabbing his injury.

- WWE is reportedly undecided on who's going to walk out of the GRR with the Universal Title between Lesnar and Reigns.

- Apparently WWE has commissioned the development of women's tag titles.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

- WWE is reportedly undecided on who's going to walk out of the GRR with the Universal Title between Lesnar and Reigns.

long overdue.

they also need to add a womens mid card title (like the IC belt) to each show. It's needed for adding more value to non main event feuds as well as a way to add legitimacy to the mid card and finally its a great way to build young talent into future main eventers.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
not surprised about the Womens Tag Titles

even though I was told it couldnt be done :sarcasm:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
not surprised about the Womens Tag Titles

even though I was told it couldnt be done :sarcasm:
Shouldn't.

But WWE do a lot of things they shouldn't do. At least now they've got a slightly bigger roster due to the Rumble call ups, so they actually have bodies to maybe do something with.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Shouldn't.

But WWE do a lot of things they shouldn't do. At least now they've got a slightly bigger roster due to the Rumble call ups, so they actually have bodies to maybe do something with.

yeah I wouldnt have said it this time a year ago. I see the Womens tag division as a fluid division rather than strictly seperate from the Singles

Ronda+Natalya? (lol)
Alexa+Mickie
Morgan+Logan (Ruby freebird?)
Iconics (obviously)
Mandy+Sonya
Bellas maybe? doubtful but hey
Charlotte+Becky?

then you can still have dedicated singles going after singles titles, and the tag teams branching into singles when needed

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Lol Ambrose must have a bionic arm at this point and is learning how to function with it

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
yeah I wouldnt have said it this time a year ago. I see the Womens tag division as a fluid division rather than strictly seperate from the Singles

Ronda+Natalya? (lol)
Alexa+Mickie
Morgan+Logan (Ruby freebird?)
Iconics (obviously)
Mandy+Sonya
Bellas maybe? doubtful but hey
Charlotte+Becky?

then you can still have dedicated singles going after singles titles, and the tag teams branching into singles when needed

I figure a tag division would look a lot like that, maybe add Nia + Ember and then either Naomi + Tamina or Tamina + Lana once Tamina comes back from her injury.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think a women's tag division can really work with the roster split. If they were to utilize the whole women's roster then yeah but if Raw just tries to have a Women's tag team division, the talent for it will be really thin.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

I find that hard to believe. If reigns doesn’t win it here he has to be done as a contender for a while. But then they have no one ready to challenge Brock other than Strowman and they seem hesitant to go with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->