Monthly News Thread (3/1 - 3/31) -- Rollins may have pneumonia heading into WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wouldn't be surprised if he's a late/surprise entrant into the Andre Battle Royal.

Smackdown's mid-card gets a boost post-WM, though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is it bad that I'm more excited about returning guys' potential characters for the next Southpaw Regional Wrestling episodes?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
While there's some WrestleMania stuff im looking forward too, I'm more looking forward to Monday and Tuesday

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I'm grasping at straws here but if Vince ever decides to turn Roman, does it make sense to put him on what is basically WWE's B show? Roman can get the spotlight off him for a little while and be able to grow as a performer while Vince doesn't have to worry about his golden boy getting nuclear heel heat on the only show he seems to care about.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's probably more about needing a top guy to carry SD house shows with Cena gone and Raw having a surplus of guys like Balor, Rollins and Styles to carry the load together.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave said this morning (they did the show at 4am eastern) that Undertaker/Roman is the main event as of now.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ugh, Reigns on SmackDown.

I like SmackDown so much.

If Reigns is heel, I would like it. But Styles IS SmackDown.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only reason to do that is Undertaker is retiring after the match.

Brock breaking the streak didn't have to be the main event, and Vince thought it was Undertaker's last match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Brock breaking the streak didn't have to be the main event, and Vince thought it was Undertaker's last match.

I don't think he did. He wanted to end the streak for the network. Pretty sure the intention or thought was never that he was going to retire after that match.

Taker "faux retired" last year because he was pissed apparently but that didn't go anywhere, but now he's hurting so bad and needs surgery that would effectively end his career anyways so it's a very real possibility that this is it -- more so than ever. He absolutely should close the show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Justin Roberts new book has a lot of references to JBL harassing/bullying him.

- Big Show said on Sam Roberts podcast that this is his last Wrestlemania.

- Seth Rollins is running a 103.5 fever and possibly has pneumonia. [i mentioned that he was sick in the WM thread but didn't realize it was at the point of possibly pneumonia]

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
- Justin Roberts new book has a lot of references to JBL harassing/bullying him.

- Big Show said on Sam Roberts podcast that this is his last Wrestlemania.

- Seth Rollins is running a 103.5 fever and possibly has pneumonia. [i mentioned that he was sick in the WM thread but didn't realize it was at the point of possibly pneumonia]

Really wish they could have just given us Big Show-Braun as a match instead of Big Show having his last Wrestlemania match in the battle royale...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Bad Blood won't be returning.

- Nakamura said he wants to go to Smackdown.

- Roman Reigns is now the top merchandise seller of full-time talents (Cena is part-time).

In a follow up to this last one, Meltzer said Cena is still so far and away the biggest draw and merchandise mover than they don't even really have a true heir to the throne even now with Reigns probably at his peak popularity after giving him 4 years of accolades and trying to build him up. Reigns is closer to the level of AJ Styles and Randy Orton in terms of full-time merchandise movers than he is closer to Cena.

They're going to find themselves in real trouble when the part-timers are gone post-WM and Cena's schedule is even more cut back as he gets more outside opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->