Proposal: Monster LEAFS trade Nylander/Freddie Andersen to Calgary

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Gotta put some work in on this one.

This year Lindholm vs. Nylander 5v5 adjusted (and NHL ranking based on the 97 forwards with 300 or more minutes including REL to be fair)

Nylander:

Goals/60: 1.00 (28th in the NHL)
Assists/60: 1.34 (30th in the NHL)
Points/60: 2.34 (27th in the NHL)

CF%: 56.42 (14th in the NHL, 24th REL)
SCF%: 57.42 (11th in the NHL, 21st REL)
HDCF% 59.48 (10th in the NHL, 5th REL)
xGF% 54.29 (31st in the NHL, 23rd REL)
GF%: 57.95 (22nd in the NHL, 19th REL)

Lindholm:

Goals/60: .88 (41st in the NHL)
Assists/60: .53 (88th in the NHL)
Points/60: 1.4 (74th in the NHL)

CF%: 50.53 (63rd in the NHL, 77th REL)
SCF%: 48.58 (74th in the NHL, 80th REL)
HDCF% 43.19 (84th in the NHL, 89th REL)
xGF% 47.57 (77th in the NHL, 80th REL)
GF%: 39.36 (86th in the NHL, 61st REL)

Powerplay production (min 40 minutes):

Lindholm:
Goals/60: 2.88 (28th in the NHL)
Assists/60: 1.44 (96th in the NHL)
Points/60: 4.33 (66th in the NHL)

Nylander:
Goals/60: .84 (105th in the NHL)
Assists/60: 2.53 (61st in the NHL)
Points/60: 3.37 (87th in the NHL)

Verdict:

Nylander dominates the 5v5 charts in every possible category from possession to scoring chances to end results. REL numbers are very kind to him including an amazing 5th in high danger scoring chance differential. He is certainly a step above in 5v5 point production as well.

Lindholm is better at scoring goals on the PP by a significant margin.

Continue on.....:popcorn:

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Leafs trade Nylander, CECI, Barrie, Petan, and Freddie Andersen to Calgary for

Elias Lindholm, Hamonic, Derek Ryan, David Rittich, Michal Frolik, and Rasmus Andersson.
Woof....

Dubas would shake his head and hang up the phone.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Are you being serious? Lindholm is better than Nylander and you would get Harmonic and Andersson which would be a huge boost to the Maple Leafs blue line.

That would be one of the most one sided trades in NHL history... and you wouldn't do it?

Lol Lindholm is absolutely not better. Hamonic doesn't move the needle at all, and although I love RA, I'm not trading Will for a worse, older winger and him.

Its really not that hard to grasp, tbh. Its pretty close to like if the Flames traded us Gaudreau for Kapanen, Ceci, and Dermott. Not exactly the same valuation, but its a similar idea. People just dont get how good Nylander actually is.

Ledge And Dairy

Lol Lindholm is absolutely not better. Hamonic doesn't move the needle at all, and although I love RA, I'm not trading Will for a worse, older winger and him.

Its really not that hard to grasp, tbh. Its pretty close to like if the Flames traded us Gaudreau for Kapanen, Ceci, and Dermott. Not exactly the same valuation, but its a similar idea. People just dont get how good Nylander actually is.
This is the exact definition of homerism. Nylander has 19 points in 25 games (8 goals 11 assists), is playing with Matthews who is having a career year and is also considered to be playing well. Lindholm has 18 points (11 goals, 7 assists) in 26 games, his entire line is considered to be massively struggling to offensively and is also considered to have a pretty rough start. Nylander is a 1 dimensional yet offensively skilled playmaker but with no grit. Lindholm, although might not have as great stick handling skills, is a goalscorer/playmaker, 2-way penalty killing top line talent who is also much more physical. They are completely different players in their own regard but Lindholm brings a lot more to the table and is only 2 years older.

The best part is the comparison of Nylander for Lindholm + Hamonic + Andersson being even remotely similar to Gaudreau for Kapanen + Ceci + Dermott. Yikes

Reactions: dukeofjive

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
This is the exact definition of homerism. Nylander has 19 points in 25 games (8 goals 11 assists), is playing with Matthews who is having a career year and is also considered to be playing well. Lindholm has 18 points (11 goals, 7 assists) in 26 games, his entire line is considered to be massively struggling to offensively and is also considered to have a pretty rough start. Nylander is a 1 dimensional yet offensively skilled playmaker but with no grit. Lindholm, although might not have as great stick handling skills, is a goalscorer/playmaker, 2-way penalty killing top line talent who is also much more physical. They are completely different players in their own regard but Lindholm brings a lot more to the table and is only 2 years older.

The best part is the comparison of Nylander for Lindholm + Hamonic + Andersson being even remotely similar to Gaudreau for Kapanen + Ceci + Dermott. Yikes

A) points are a poor way of evaluating players these days.

B) Its actually closer than you think lol.

Ledge And Dairy

A) points are a poor way of evaluating players these days.

B) Its actually closer than you think lol.
A) I compared a lot more then points if you bothered reading

B) No it is not a close comparison, Gaudreau >>> Nylander. Lindholm >>> Kapanen, Hamonic >> Ceci, Andersson >>> Dermott

If 95% of this thread disagrees with you then you are probably wrong. I am in no way saying Nylander is a bad player, however I am saying that Lindholm is overall the better player and so are all they Flames players listed in your "comparison trade"

Reactions: dukeofjive

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
A) I compared a lot more then points if you bothered reading

B) No it is not a close comparison, Gaudreau >>> Nylander. Lindholm >>> Kapanen, Hamonic >> Ceci, Andersson >>> Dermott

If 95% of this thread disagrees with you then you are probably wrong. I am in no way saying Nylander is a bad player, however I am saying that Lindholm is overall the better player and so are all they Flames players listed in your "comparison trade"

Your rankings are quite hilarious, gotta say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad