Proposal: Monster LEAFS trade Nylander/Freddie Andersen to Calgary

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I think the value is on the flames side, but the gap between Andersen and Rittich is too large for the leafs to do this

Ledge And Dairy

Have you seen the Leafs defense? Not many goalies could put up the numbers Andersen does behind that tire fire. I think Rittich would crumble in Toronto.
Have you seen the Flames defense? 3 of them are for the most part AHLers. Brodie, Valimaki and Hamonic are all injured. It's literally just Gio, Hanifin and Andersson, Kylington has been but he's still developing and is forced to carry his pair. Stone, Davidson, and Yelesin are are all pretty big Yikes. At least Brodie is skating again and hopefully meets the team in Buffalo next week.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Gaudreau is on pace for about 60-65 points atm, is paid less and people are freaking out. Nylander is definitely overpaid. For a soft player making ~7M you should be producing roughly 70-75 points

Like five years ago. He is going to be getting 7 million in 2 years when going rate for 60+ points will be 8. I would assume they expected 70 points as he matured. But his contact isn’t that bad.
That being said it should have been 8 years. Dubs has really done a poor job. Mathews has what 4 years after this one and he’s going to want how much? And then saving space for Marner..I have no idea how they ever get out of cap trouble

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He looks like he should be good for 25 goals and 60 points this year, it isn’t that bad of a contract.

He's not terrible but his contract is a bit too high. And the biggest issue is he gets paid 54% of his money in July! Not a problem for the rich Leafs but if you try to trade him, it could be a major problem for the other team.

For example, Larkin signed for less AAV and he gets only 3% of his money paid in July and that was the $1M he got in 2018. Nylander was already paid $10.3M of singing bonus money but still has $14M to come in the next 4 seasons. Not many teams can do this! M Tkachuk is a much better hockey player and he got 36% of his contract in signing bonus money for less term. Dumbass Dubas gave into both the AAV and he also paid him a lot of money in July. That contract is not terrible but it's very very far from good. If you ever want to move him, you need to find a team who has healthy revenue and actually values him like you do.

Other examples? Ehlers, Rantanen, and Laine were paid 0% of their contracts in July. Habs found out from Aho's agent that the Canes wanted to avoid the July bonus money and that's one of the reason why they signed the offer sheet. Didn't work but that was the approach. Canes owner will never admit to the media that this hurt his pockets.

Last edited:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Lol this is clearly just a troll trade to counter the Matthews proposal I made. Lindholm is better than nylander. When you consider contracts its not even close.

I would love to get nylander to play with lindholm, or take his place on our top line so lindy can centre L2 with tkachuk.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
This is ridiculously bad for the Flames. Then you have Leafs fans saying they wouldn’t do it. :laugh:

Flames give up the most valuable f, d, and g in the trade.

So Rittich's one year of starting experience with worse results than Andersen's worst season, five years ago, makes him the more valuable goalie? I would love to see how that math works.

Reactions: Chompchompr

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
So Rittich's one year of starting experience with worse results than Andersen's worst season, five years ago, makes him the more valuable goalie? I would love to see how that math works.
Don't you know? When comparing any player to a leaf, they're always better! Every player on the leafs is garbage until they leave, than they're an elite super star. Look at Kadri, no one wanted him on hfboard, now the leafs got fleeced by Colorado. See how that works?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Nobodys taking that joke contract of Nylanders sorry Leafs.
Meh, his contract isn’t that bad. We’re talking about a 23 year old who’s had 60 pts in every full season he’s played.

His value was hurt because of last year when he came back out of shape and slumped hard after missing half a season, but he’s on track for 60pts again and has shown versatility in that he’s an adequate center and great complementary winger with room to grow that’s signed through 2023-2024.

I’d rather have him than someone like Hayes who just got more in free agency.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Seeing a theme today. Leafs changed coaching and fans are seeing the Leafs have potential to go on a win streak and make the playoffs. Trying to get good players for cheap before people realize maybe the players are good after all.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Younger and cheaper while being and equivalent goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad