Monster Hunter World

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Loaded it up and I can no longer join any online sessions. I can make my own but it gives me an error if I try to match make.

Also apparently I got auto-removed from the squad for being inactive, although I dunno if I'd be able to join a squad session anyways atm.

When i signed in i got the same, couldn't join a session. But i tried right when the update when live.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
When i signed in i got the same, couldn't join a session. But i tried right when the update when live.

I reinstalled the game today and it's still busted. Haven't been able to matchmake since an update in like April.

Error 5038f-MW1. No real solutions anywhere, just people yelling at Capcom about it on Twitter.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Thought I'd bump this, still going strong in this trying to get those rare decorations and making great builds.

The Final Fantasy event is live, and looks like it's a lot of fun.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Anyone playing the PC version? I'm 76 hours in. I bought it for a launch Xbox One and could not put up with the graphics after about 20 hours. It looked so washed out on a 1440p monitor.

Steam users are a tough crowd. They are pretty pissed about the connection issues, although I think most of it has to do with Steam and not Capcom.

The reviews are mixed and that is a shame considering this game is really really good.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Yeah, hopefully they get the issues sorted out. Haven't tried multiplayer yet myself.

I'm having a lot of fun so far, I like the heavy bowgun.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Ehh, I believe there were/are network issues on the Xbox and PS4 as well, so it's probably not Steam. Does seem to be fairly random who it affects, unfortunately. I went like 3 months with no problems and then suddenly couldn't matchmake at all for the next 2.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Anyone playing the PC version? I'm 76 hours in. I bought it for a launch Xbox One and could not put up with the graphics after about 20 hours. It looked so washed out on a 1440p monitor.

Steam users are a tough crowd. They are pretty pissed about the connection issues, although I think most of it has to do with Steam and not Capcom.

The reviews are mixed and that is a shame considering this game is really really good.

Honestly, Monster Hunter World should've been an Xbox One X/S exclusive. The launch Xbox One could not run it at anything approaching an acceptable level, at least IMO.

Connection issues can ruin the game (also IMO). I couldn't get it to work with my friend on Xbox at launch, and gave up pretty quickly.

Something tells me it's not Steam's problem, as Capcom has had issues since day one. At least Steam users aren't having to pay a subscription to play multiplayer only to have it not work. I'm still pissed about that, and it really soured me on a game that was otherwise interesting.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Honestly, the game is meant to be played solo. There isn't a monster that can't easily be soloed as long as you have the right gear and aren't a potato.

Of course I haven't faced any of the DLC monsters yet so that may change.

The reason I think Steam is part of the problem is because it would send a notification that someone was playing it every 30-45 seconds, almost like they kept closing and opening the game.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This is the power of appear offline, I probably should switch it back lol.

Every day for 3 weeks I thought, as I turned on my PS4, "I wonder if anyone is playing Monster Hunter..." only to find nothing, before turning my PS4 back off. Truly tragic.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I would be interested in getting back into monster hunter on ps4 of there's people who play here.... natey2k4

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The Extreme version of Behemoth is nearly impossible with randoms.

Without communication that fight is 100x harder.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Just picked this up on PC. I played a bit on PS4 but it's been quite a long time.

Should I even bother upgrading the beginning armor or just wait until I start collecting the sets?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Finally got a chance to start playing Iceborne, what a great game. As someone knew to Monster Hunter with World i was skeptical of monster subspecies, but all the ones i have fought feel different (like new monsters). I feel very underpowered still using HR weapons at the beginning of MR.

Clutch Claw is a great addition.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Decided to check this game out again after playing 9 hours or so a while ago. I'm totally hooked on this game right now. I've played like 48 hours in a little over a week. :laugh:

I really am enjoying playing the Lance-while it is simple, I enjoy getting a rhythm in dishing out the damage and blocking it. Question: I should focus on status weapons right? So I can "control" the monster?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Decided to check this game out again after playing 9 hours or so a while ago. I'm totally hooked on this game right now. I've played like 48 hours in a little over a week. :laugh:

I really am enjoying playing the Lance-while it is simple, I enjoy getting a rhythm in dishing out the damage and blocking it. Question: I should focus on status weapons right? So I can "control" the monster?

In Iceborne, status weapons have become much better because they are very good against Master Rank monsters.

If you're still on your first play through, don't worry too much about about sticking to a weapon element type because you'll be changing them often.

The biggest thing about Lance is getting a health augment for it, it's by FAR the weapon that benefits from it(although it's great on most weapons). The DPS numbers you can pull off with a health augment lance is nutty lol.

Also, the new skill offensive guard is GREAT with Lance.

Once you get to the expansion(unless you're already there) there are some great Lance builds, and the Lance got a fantastic upgrade.

Hammer has become the most fun weapon for me in Iceborne, the clutch claw buff helped it so much.

Reactions: Seedtype

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Finally got a chance to start playing Iceborne, what a great game. As someone knew to Monster Hunter with World i was skeptical of monster subspecies, but all the ones i have fought feel different (like new monsters). I feel very underpowered still using HR weapons at the beginning of MR.

Clutch Claw is a great addition.

I was the same way, had to bite the bullet and just make new equipment. I even saved over all of my old favourite mixed sets lol.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I was the same way, had to bite the bullet and just make new equipment. I even saved over all of my old favourite mixed sets lol.

Its tough getting used to that all of my endgame HR weapons can't be upgraded until endgame MR. I've progressed further in the campaign, i haven't come across a new monster yet that i dont like. If you ever figure out how to change your online status on PSN let me know

Reactions: X66

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Finally finished the iceborne main story, probably one of the best expansions of this console generation. Still only have used IG, but the new moves they added in IB are great. All small additions are great, ex. Uber service. Did my first Safi'jiiva seige, the weapon system for it makes it miles better than the siege from HR.

Haven't messed with the real end game yet (Guiding Lands), I still havent fought 6 or 7 of the new monsters yet.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Decided to play this for the first time today. The tutorial is pretty damn long.

I picked the weapon you can vault with. Any good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad