Monster Hunter World

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
This game has been my first exposure to the series and nearly 100 hrs later it's safe to say I'm hooked. I finally crafted the Decimation Claws last night and hoooot dayum were they worth the effort.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Just reached HR 70 this weekend. Used Insect Glaive exclusively up to HR 50. Since then I have been trying experiment with all the weapons. Dual Blades are a ton of fun, but i was farming Kushala Daora yesterday and Insect Glaive is no fun against him, switched to Hammer and was a ton of fun.

Also finished the trophy for fully researching all monsters. Lavasloth was a pain since he leaves no tracks and never moves.

Last edited:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Information on updates coming soon.

• 1 time hunter appearance change: 3/16
  • Deviljho: 3/22 (with armor set and a weapon tree for each weapon type). Deviljho is an invasion monster like Bazelgoose
  • Spring Update: 3/22 (buffs and changes to all weapons, except bowguns, better load times, can't be knocked back by teammates when carving)
  • Spring Blossom Fest: 4/6 - 4/19: 2 lucky vouchers per day, all event quests that have been released active
  • Weapon Design Winner Available: 4/6 (great sword)
  • Megaman Palico Set and Weapon: 4/13
  • Devil May Cry Set: no date
  • Another update in April, no details though.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was gonna say I was expecting more given the leaks, but it looks like the theorized big update is going to be chopped up into smaller ones, which i'm fine with.

Bring on Jho.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Just reached HR 70 this weekend. Used Insect Glaive exclusively up to HR 50. Since then I have been trying experiment with all the weapons. Dual Blades are a ton of fun, but i was farming Kushala Daora yesterday and Insect Glaive is no fun against him, switched to Hammer and was a ton of fun.

Also finished the trophy for fully researching all monsters. Lavasloth was a pain since he leaves no tracks and never moves.

He's also a pain in the ass.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah from a pure "fun" standpoint, Lavasioth is by far the worst monster to fight.

You can learn him all you want, but it doesn't change the fact he is awfully designed.

The other monsters have their...flaws, but Lavasioth is just like the manifestation of a chore in a video game.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's aggressive and then there's whatever the hell Jho is.

It's like someone took the Odogaron and gave it some PCP. Even with the bow I can't keep him out of my face for long.

Crazy, but kinda fun.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ive had the game for 5 days now, 40 hours in im freaking hooked. Im at level 12 right now and i dont understand much, but im having hella fun.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As a first time Monster Hunter player Its okay to still not know what your doing at level 12. Your still in the tutorial. I realized that once i got to level 30.
Trying to educate myself hard with youtube and reddit though. Theres a lot of info. Just dont ask me what negative affinity means or how damage is calculated.

Or to kill a diablos alone or a nergigante.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I tried to play the MH games on 3DS and just didn't get it.

With all the good talk around this game, I'd love to check it out and see if it can hook me this time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So ive fell in love with the LBG it seems. Im running Fates ember ATM, with normal two shots. Dont make as much damage as id like but still nice. I killed Nergigante today in solo without even getting touched once.

I tried to play the MH games on 3DS and just didn't get it.

With all the good talk around this game, I'd love to check it out and see if it can hook me this time.

Its not for everyone for sure.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
So ive fell in love with the LBG it seems. Im running Fates ember ATM, with normal two shots. Dont make as much damage as id like but still nice. I killed Nergigante today in solo without even getting touched once.

Its not for everyone for sure.
I broke down and scooped it up on my lunch break today. I don't think the 3DS is the best place for a game that needs super tight controls, which I think is why I bounced off of it so hard. I'm excited to jump in.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Put in a few hours last night. There's a whole lot to understand. Tried out the Light Bowgun and the Long Sword. I'm really being thrown off by the lack of a lock on in this game. Seems like the kind of game (like Dark Souls) that would use a solid lockon, but it doesn't appear that there's any way to actually hold a lock onto your target besides snapping to it. Makes it a little funky sometimes.

Do I need to be saving the Armor upgrade stuff for high end equipment, or do you get enough that you can use them freely?

Seems like the forging/crafting stuff is real deep. Is there a specific target one should be aiming for in each weapon class, or is it pretty much just whatever does the most damage?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Put in a few hours last night. There's a whole lot to understand. Tried out the Light Bowgun and the Long Sword. I'm really being thrown off by the lack of a lock on in this game. Seems like the kind of game (like Dark Souls) that would use a solid lockon, but it doesn't appear that there's any way to actually hold a lock onto your target besides snapping to it. Makes it a little funky sometimes.

Do I need to be saving the Armor upgrade stuff for high end equipment, or do you get enough that you can use them freely?

Seems like the forging/crafting stuff is real deep. Is there a specific target one should be aiming for in each weapon class, or is it pretty much just whatever does the most damage?

Use it. Youll get so much youll he drowning in it.

Try every weapon, you have all of them for free. I main LBG but have played a lot of GS, Dual, HBG, hammer and Insec Glaive but I wish i really tried every weapon type out.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

For specific items to craft there are a few weapons in each class people will say are top weapons, just search top 5 weapons for mhw on youtube but every weapon tree is viable, should note that the weapon branches continue as you progress through the story, i think you need to beat the final boss before you see the full tree. You don't need to upgrade armor and weapons until you reach a monster you can't beat otherwise. Once you do make a build to beat that monster, rinse and repeat. For armor there is low rank and high rank sets. Dont' worry about crafting armor (unless you need to) until you've unlocked highrank.

Also, with the spring event live now all of the event quests that can be used to make specific items (only available from the quests) are up now.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Started using the Insect Glaive and I love it. I'm still not 100% sure I'm using the Kinsect right, but just the movesets and being able to vault into the air and dash/come down on an enemy is a ton of fun.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Started using the Insect Glaive and I love it. I'm still not 100% sure I'm using the Kinsect right, but just the movesets and being able to vault into the air and dash/come down on an enemy is a ton of fun.

Insect Glaive is also my main weapon. It was great to use as i learned the monsters because you can escape quickly. Best tip i can give is to use the insect to make sure you atleast have red charge (you'll see this in the upper left corner), red boosts your attack and changes your move set to hit more. Have the insect hit the monster in the face to gather. Also for armor, try and get the Odogarron high rank set, lets you sharpen quicker which you do a lot of with insect glaive.

There are a couple of youtuber channels that have tutorials on almost all the weapons. Here is a insect glaive tutorial.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Loaded it up and I can no longer join any online sessions. I can make my own but it gives me an error if I try to match make.

Also apparently I got auto-removed from the squad for being inactive, although I dunno if I'd be able to join a squad session anyways atm.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad