Monika Caryk has filed a Norwich Order application with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Caryk filed the application, called a Norwich Order, on Thursday, according to court documents obtained by ESPN. In an attempt to clear her name, Caryk is looking for Melinda Karlsson to disclose any information she has pertaining to the alleged harassment.

Caryk wants to "expose the real perpetrators responsible for harassment and cyberbullying Ms. Karlsson, and demonstrate to Ms. Karlsson and the public that I have been wrongly accused," according to the court application.

Caryk, in the court application, says she has "never been served with this Peace Bond Application and have not been summoned before the Justice of the Peace for a hearing on whether a Peace Bond should be issued."

Hoffman's fiancee wants info disclosed in scandal

Last edited:

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Good,

See her bet and raise

There's another side to this story that I'm sure the Karlsson's would rather not be public (I don't know what it is, I'm just saying these things don't JUST HAPPEN, there's a REASON behind everything)

They took this thing public, make sure THE WHOLE story gets out there.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Turning the crazy dial from 11 to 12. I know she thinks this will make her look better, but really this is so obviously just burying herself alive. And the whole Ottawa Senators organization too I suppose.

On another note, this level of crazy and paranoia would make her a good fit with Melnyk actually. They can do investigations together!

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
She wants to expose the real perpetrators? Sounds like OJ looking for the "real killer"...
These kinds of assumptions are exactly why she should get her wish, though. What if she actually didn’t do it?

It would be a hell of a gamble for Caryk. If she really did do it, having been accused she could realistically expect Karlsson to have something on her. She would be better off leaving it a mystery than having people know for certain. There’s a real chance she’s innocent

On the other hand, maybe she thinks the judge or whoever won’t grant it. Then it could look more in her favor while still being a mystery. Idk what the chances are of this thing being granted.

Last edited:

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
I am confused, who is she planning to sue? The real perpetrator? What is Monika's cause of action against the real perpetrator? What information would Melinda have that would aide in this lawsuit that Monika wants disclosed? (If Monika knew who it really was, wouldn't she have just pursued that person? If she doesn't know who it is what information could she give to Monika that would help? Wouldn't a Norwhich Order for Instagram / ISPs make more sense?)

From a cursory view, unless I am missing something, I don't think she is getting a Norwich Order.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
giphy.gif

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I am confused, who is she planning to sue? The real perpetrator? What is Monika's cause of action against the real perpetrator? What information would Melinda have that would aide in this lawsuit that Monika wants disclosed? (If Monika knew who it really was, wouldn't she have just pursued that person? If she doesn't know who it is what information could she give to Monika that would help? Wouldn't a Norwhich Order for Instagram / ISPs make more sense?)

From a cursory view, unless I am missing something, I don't think she is getting a Norwich Order.
She's not planning to sue anyone. Karlsson filed a restraining order. That's publicly known. She has the right to challenge that. She's demanding proof. The onus is on karlsson to justify the restraining order.

Reactions: Jtown and Chips

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Good,

See her bet and raise

There's another side to this story that I'm sure the Karlsson's would rather not be public (I don't know what it is, I'm just saying these things don't JUST HAPPEN, there's a REASON behind everything)

Lol. They are all adult, good looking, humans.

I’d wager someone is sleeping with someone.....who they shouldn’t be. It happens in real life all the time. Why wouldn’t it happen here?

We will see

Reactions: bs

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
She's not planning to sue anyone. Karlsson filed a restraining order. That's publicly known. She has the right to challenge that. She's demanding proof. The onus is on karlsson to justify the restraining order.

Restraining Orders are only available in Ontario under the Family Law Act, so unless these two ladies were partners and it wasn't widely reported I don't think there has been a restraining order. The article mentions a peace bond, but also mentions it hasn't been served on Monika. So I am not sure what she is challenging at this point in time?

Ignoring that, I still don't understand why she would have filed a Norwich order.
As far as I know a Norwich order is used when you want a third party to give you information you need to proceed in an action against someone else. A Norwich order is used to gain the information you would need to identify someone to launch a lawsuit. They are often used by companies who have had their copyright infringed. They know the IP of someone who has infringed their copyright, and file a Norwich against an ISP to force the ISP to disclose the identity of the infringer so that the company can launch a lawsuit against the otherwise unknown internet infringer (it is rare that they are successful in Canada for this reason but that is a whole other bag of worms).

With a Norwich order Monika is saying Melinda, as a third party, has information that Monika needs (and wouldn't otherwise be able to find out for herself) so that Monika to can go after someone else. Unless I am misunderstanding something about Norwich orders?

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Good,

See her bet and raise

Swinging gone wrong...lol

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Restraining Orders are only available in Ontario under the Family Law Act, so unless these two ladies were partners and it wasn't widely reported I don't think there has been a restraining order. The article mentions a peace bond, but also mentions it hasn't been served on Monika. So I am not sure what she is challenging at this point in time?

Ignoring that, I still don't understand why she would have filed a Norwich order.
As far as I know a Norwich order is used when you want a third party to give you information you need to proceed in an action against someone else. A Norwich order is used to gain the information you would need to identify someone to launch a lawsuit. They are often used by companies who have had their copyright infringed. They know the IP of someone who has infringed their copyright, and file a Norwich against an ISP to force the ISP to disclose the identity of the infringer so that the company can launch a lawsuit against the otherwise unknown internet infringer (it is rare that they are successful in Canada for this reason but that is a whole other bag of worms).

With a Norwich order Monika is saying Melinda, as a third party, has information that Monika needs (and wouldn't otherwise be able to find out for herself) so that Monika to can go after someone else. Unless I am misunderstanding something about Norwich orders?

While Caryk might not have any practical ramifications of the move made by Karlsson, her name is still very much at risk.

Seeing as she’s tied to a public figure, further tied to a very public organization which cares for its own image, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Caryk and her husband themselves, or at the suggestion of their new team consulted with a PR firm which suggested this move.
Or her legal team thinks it’s a necessary preamble to a potentially successful future move.

I don’t understand Canadian law any more than you (probably much less) but maybe she could sense that Karlsson just wants to be done with this, rather than see it through, or for some other reason won’t go further. Filing as Caryk did could (and probably does in some way) benefit her if nothing else follows from either party . I assume someone somewhat knowledgable advised her in this matter? Or are these things super easy to do and file entirely alone without a legal background lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad