WWE: Monday Night Raw thread #133: There is like three women screaming yes for Roman

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wish they'd stop trying to give everyone a feel good WM moment. If they aren't on the card, **** 'em. Get better and get hungrier. Work non-stop to get on the card next year.

I'd be pissed if I was a talent and just thrown into the battle royal with a jobber entrance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wish they'd stop trying to give everyone a feel good WM moment. If they aren't on the card, **** 'em. Get better and get hungrier. Work non-stop to get on the card next year.

I'd be pissed if I was a talent and just thrown into the battle royal with a jobber entrance.

Nothing new. They used to do 14 match Manias with lots of jobbers getting singles matches of all things.

Some guys getting tossed out of a battle royal don't mean much. Only people who get a moment are the final few. Also its more a payday for a lot of them then anything.

Plus you know the work hard and get better thing doesn't work with this company who is pushing Roman to the moon at the expense of other talent. Owens certainly deserves a singles match and his own moment, but is in a 7 man ladder match instead, while Rybotch gets the singles match.

Vince's brass rings mean ****.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I'm gonna disagree. For dudes like Tyler Breeze...and Adam Rose...and the list goes on...you've busted your ass and you work hard to make it. Sure...you're not where you'd like to be on the card but that's no reason they shouldn't be rewarded with a small gift of a payday. Think of it as a year end bonus in an office. If it's company policy then most people get them...even the mail clerk.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Also, Daniel Bryan Appreciation Night from Madison Square Garden is postponed. The only thing WWE has said on the topic is that he requested time off and it was granted. He's also been pulled from all UK shows.

Am I reading too much into this or is that a bit strange? DB has pretty much turned everything down the WWE was offering except a fair retirement on his home turf. What's going on? Or is this just me reading too much into it?

I'm gonna disagree. For dudes like Tyler Breeze...and Adam Rose...and the list goes on...you've busted your ass and you work hard to make it. Sure...you're not where you'd like to be on the card but that's no reason they shouldn't be rewarded with a small gift of a payday. Think of it as a year end bonus in an office. If it's company policy then most people get them...even the mail clerk.
Fair point on guys like that. I honestly don't know how these paydays work for wrestlers. Does Cesaro/Neville miss money because of their injury? How does that all work?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Am I reading too much into this or is that a bit strange? DB has pretty much turned everything down the WWE was offering except a fair retirement on his home turf. What's going on? Or is this just me reading too much into it?

Fair point on guys like that. I honestly don't know how these paydays work for wrestlers. Does Cesaro/Neville miss money because of their injury? How does that all work?

You're reading too much into it. He's still advertised for a signing at Wrestlemania weekend.

Neville and Cesaro miss out on money due to their injury, yes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not feeling this years Wrestlemania at all, this HOF class weak as ****.

I agree on Mania, but there are some highlights in this class. Stinger being first and foremost. Guy deserves all the praise he hopefully will get. Same for Boss Man.

Not going to let a couple of meh Attitude Era additions taint the rest for me.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA

Yes, they're missing money. Wrestlers have downside guarantees, which is the minimum they can earn, but they also get bonuses for PPVs and can make more than their downside if they exceed a certain minimum amount of appearances, which is supposed to be easy to do (if you're not injured). So anyone injured is likely only getting their downside and merch pay.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I agree on Mania, but there are some highlights in this class. Stinger being first and foremost. Guy deserves all the praise he hopefully will get. Same for Boss Man.

Not going to let a couple of meh Attitude Era additions taint the rest for me.

Miss Jackie? SMH...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes, they're missing money. Wrestlers have downside guarantees, which is the minimum they can earn, but they also get bonuses for PPVs and can make more than their downside if they exceed a certain minimum amount of appearances, which is supposed to be easy to do (if you're not injured). So anyone injured is likely only getting their downside and merch pay.

I'm assuming Mania paydays are the biggest of the year too so it sucks even harder for guys like Neville or Cesaro.

Feel awful for Neville. Was set up in a title match on the main card, and a chance to steal part of the show with the ladders. Odds are he still would of been underutilized afterward, but still he would of had a small chance of impressing enough people in creative to get a small push at least.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I mean....I don't want to sound sexist but eventually, and it seems like it may already be happening, the women's nomination class is going to be very thin to non existent.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm assuming Mania paydays are the biggest of the year too so it sucks even harder for guys like Neville or Cesaro.

Feel awful for Neville. Was set up in a title match on the main card, and a chance to steal part of the show with the ladders. Odds are he still would of been underutilized afterward, but still he would of had a small chance of impressing enough people in creative to get a small push at least.

They're not that big if you're not at the top of the card anymore.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean....I don't want to sound sexist but eventually, and it seems like it may already be happening, the women's nomination class is going to be very thin to non existent.

Vince's opinions of women's wrestling leaves the pool thin. Also the best female wrestlers from the 80s were almost all in Japan and never made the jump to here and I think you have to have worked for one of WWE, WCW, ECW to get in.

Hansen never wrestled for WWF and made his fame in Japan, but he did wrestle briefly in the WWWF and WCW so I guess that counts.

Aja Kong and Bull Nakano are two ladies that should get in. Kong was a beast but her WWF run got cut short when Vince axed the division after Medusa left.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
I found women Wrestling boring...lot of botch spots...for me it's boring...

I admire Banks-Bayley etc...but not my cup of tea!

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Sting, Boss Man, Freebirds. Don't see how Jackie drags the whole class down.

I've watched wrestling (well, not much of the last 4-5 years) for over 30 years. I'm actually looking mostly forward to Stan The Lariat going in with Vader inducting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad